Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Crypto according to Swaye

2»

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Warren stepped into a shitshow with this. Don't piss off the Bitcoin Bros

Figured it belongs in a @Swaye thread
    Without watching the clip and just going off the headline, she's not wrong. It's an insane amount of energy to waste on something.
    Twitter uses more energy to run its platform than bitcoin miners use. She’s trying to protect her banker bros. Very transparent.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,311
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Without watching the clip and just going off the headline, she's not wrong. It's an insane amount of energy to waste on something.
    Twitter uses more energy to run its platform than bitcoin miners use. She’s trying to protect her banker bros. Very transparent.

A.) Current estimates for Bitcoin annual energy consumption puts it at about half of the combined energy consumption of every single datacenter in the world.

B.) Elizabeth Warren protecting banker bros? That's a Ballz level hawt take.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Lol wat
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Washington State could rule the bitcoin world. We got volcanos
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,311
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2021

It's all well and good, but for starters, that's still a tiny fraction of what Bitcoin consumes. It's also energy that could be used for something more useful than digital Beanie Babies.

Edit: I work for a company that greenwashes the hell out of its image, makes a lot of money off wind farms and solar projects, talks sustainability 24/7, funds green projects for PR...

...and turned Alberta and the Niger River Delta into a couple of the worst ecological disasters in history.

One guy tweeting about Warren being wrong about Bitcoin because of a single clean energy project means fuuuuuck all.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Lol wat
    USD dick sucking. Highest CPI since august 2008. High inflation. Lmao.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Bitcoin doesn’t waste energy. It’s the miner bros.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863

Unfortunately, Rainier hasn't been cooperative and wipe Seattle off the map yet....

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Unfortunately, Rainier hasn't been cooperative and wipe Seattle off the map yet....

I know you're being sarcastic but Rainier would more likely wipe out Tacoma. The lahars through Puyallup would be epic.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I have made some decent money in these crazy crypto bull market runs. The technology is still over my head for a lot of these coins but what I do know is stupid people who know even less like to throw in money in without looking and then panic sell after a bad Elon Musk tweet. So making money off of stupid people is pretty easy.

The Crypto community really is like a cult though. They want to believe so badly that they are so close to taking over "big banking" and any time Bitcoin dips it's a huge conspiracy with the financial elite.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have made some decent money in these crazy crypto bull market runs. The technology is still over my head for a lot of these coins but what I do know is stupid people who know even less like to throw in money in without looking and then panic sell after a bad Elon Musk tweet. So making money off of stupid people is pretty easy.

The Crypto community really is like a cult though. They want to believe so badly that they are so close to taking over "big banking" and any time Bitcoin dips it's a huge conspiracy with the financial elite.

That's where the Elizabeth Warren is a tool of big banking came from even though she rarely has anything nice to say about banks
  • Options
    YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

what's this we shit Temecula
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

It’s 100% a cult. And talking about how great it is and how it’s going to change the world gets obnoxious. People (most of them) want to use it to make money. We don’t actually give a fuck about it.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Once the East Coast pipeline was cyberjacked and ransomed with Bitcoin, that party ended. The Governments won’t allow any more fuck You money that can’t be traced. I’m sure there is plenty more opportunities out there with other CC’s. But BITC won’t see 65K again in my liftim.

You can fire up the grill with that.