Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cryptocurrency tutorial for godawgst

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
I understand the concept, but other questions I have

How may are out there? 25/50/100/more

What are the top 5/top 10 and what percentage marker share do they have.

How many of all of them survive? Will there be ones who merge?

Finally, my main question is G7 nations the value of their currency today will be essentially the same tomorrow (a dollar is a dollar is a dollar), but this morning Bitcoin went down 15% b4 closing down 7%. How can businesses that take it as payment work with that fluctuation in value. Will eventually the ones that are still around settle into the same?

I saw the 1st run of Bitcoin get to almost 20k, lose 80% of it's value down to 4k and then the rebound back to today's levels.

As I said in a different thread, there is now to much money sloshing around in all platforms to disappear, but by every other metric/mania I have seen/read about this is screaming bubble.

Thanks to all

Comments

• Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    godawgst said:

I understand the concept, but other questions I have

How may are out there? 25/50/100/more

What are the top 5/top 10 and what percentage marker share do they have.

How many of all of them survive? Will there be ones who merge?

Finally, my main question is G7 nations the value of their currency today will be essentially the same tomorrow (a dollar is a dollar is a dollar), but this morning Bitcoin went down 15% b4 closing down 7%. How can businesses that take it as payment work with that fluctuation in value. Will eventually the ones that are still around settle into the same?

I saw the 1st run of Bitcoin get to almost 20k, lose 80% of it's value down to 4k and then the rebound back to today's levels.

As I said in a different thread, there is now to much money sloshing around in all platforms to disappear, but by every other metric/mania I have seen/read about this is screaming bubble.

Thanks to all

1 BTC = 1 BTC. It's the same as 1 USD = 1 USD, except no one can arbitrarily print more because they feel like it.

Bitcoin will survive. Every time it has crashed in USD terms (following a mega bull run post its supply halving) it has rebounded to multiples of its previous high. No guarantee of the future but every time someone screams bubble, tulips, etc. and every time it survives and goes higher. I'd also argue we aren't near the top for this cycle yet. Certainly based on the past, we are probably 4-6 months from the top.

Altcoins are mostly for fools. Ethereum might have value but has a lot of issues that Bitcoin does not. It'll probably be fine but it's a much riskier investment than BTC. Most other altcoins are full of empty promises and scams. Perhaps a few have real value but there are so many it's hard to determine which do unless you are an expert in a combination of fields that very few people have.

Buy Bitcoin and go outside and enjoy life.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    It’s like Facebook, Twitter, google, Amazon, etc... winner takes all and Bitcoin is the winner for the digital currency network effect.

Buy Bitcoin, hold Bitcoin, profit.