Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This Day in Music April 15

1894 - Bessie Smith
Bessie Smith, US blues singer, 'Empress Of The Blues'. Songs include, 'Downhearted Blues', 'St Louis Blues', and 'Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out'. Died in a car accident on 26th September 1937

1932 - Roy Clark
American singer and musician Roy Clark, who had the 1969 US hit single, 'Yesterday, When I Was Young'. He is best known for hosting Hee Haw, a nationally televised country variety show, from 1969 to 1997. He died on 11 November 2018.

1944 - Dave Edmunds
Dave Edmunds, Welsh singer/songwriter, guitarist, actor and record producer. With Love Sculpture he had the 1968 UK No.5 single 'Sabre Dance' and the solo 1970 UK No.1 and US No.4 single 'I Hear You Knocking'. He later became a member of Rockpile.

1965 - Linda Perry
Linda Perry, songwriter, producer, singer, 4 Non Blondes, (1993 UK No.2 single ‘What’s Up’, 1993 UK No. 4 album ‘Bigger Better Faster More!). Wrote ‘Beautiful’ for Christina Aguilera, plus Jewel, Courtney Love, Gwen Stefani, Sugababes, Robbie Williams, Melissa Etheridge, Gavin Rossdale have all recorded her songs.

1966 - Samantha Fox
Samantha Fox, former English model, singer who had the 1986 UK No.3 single 'Touch Me, I Want Your Body'.

1978 - Chris Stapleton
American country and bluegrass musician Chris Stapleton who scored the 2015 US No.1 album Traveller. Stapleton who is a former member of The SteelDrivers has also written hits for Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Adele and George Strait.

1957 - Jerry Lee Lewis
Jerry Lee Lewis released 'Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On' on Sun Records. Written by Dave "Curlee" Williams the song was first recorded by American R&B singer Big Maybelle. The record reached No. 3 on the Billboard pop chart, No. 1 on the country charts, and No. 8 in the UK.

1996 - Jerry Garcia
The rest of Jerry Garcia's ashes were scattered near the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. A small portion had been scattered in the Ganges River in India 11 days earlier. The Grateful Dead leader had died on 9th Aug 1995.

2015 - Digital Music
It was reported that Digital music revenues matched physical sales for the first time in 2014, thanks to strong growth in the streaming market. The digital market rose 6.9% to $6.9 billion (£4.6 billion), representing 46% of all global music sales. CDs, vinyl and other physical formats also accounted for 46% of the market. Pharrell Williams's 'Happy' was the most-downloaded single globally in 2014, with Taylor Swift the most popular artist.