Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This Day in Music April 12

1933 - Tiny Tim
American singer Tiny Tim, who had a 1968 US No.17 single with ‘Tiptoe Through The Tulips’. He died of a heart attack on November 29th 1996 on stage while playing his hit ‘Tiptoe Through the Tulips’ at a club in Minneapolis.

1940 - Herbie Hancock
American pianist, keyboardist, bandleader, composer Herbie Hancock who had the 1983 UK No.8 single 'Rockit'. His 2007 tribute album River: The Joni Letters won the 2008 Grammy Award for Album of the Year, only the second jazz album ever to win the award, after Getz/Gilberto in 1965.

1944 - John Kay
German-Canadian rock singer, songwriter, and guitaris John Kay, from Steppenwolf who had the 1969 US No.2 hit single 'Born To Be Wild'. Steppenwolf sold over 25 million records worldwide, released eight gold albums and scored 12 Billboard Hot 100 singles.

1950 - David Cassidy
American actor, singer, songwriter, and guitarist David Cassidy, known for his role as Keith Partridge, the son of Shirley Partridge (played by his stepmother Shirley Jones), in the 1970s musical-sitcom The Partridge Family, which led to him becoming one of popular culture's teen idols and pop singers of the 1970s. The Partridge Family had the 1970 US No.1 single 'I Think I Love You', and the 1972 UK No.3 single 'Breaking Up Is Hard To Do'. As a solo artist he scored the 1972 UK No.1 single 'How Can I Be Sure'. He he died of liver failure on November 21, 2017, aged 67.

1957 - Vince Gill
American country singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Vince Gill who has won 17 Country Music Awards and 14 Grammy Awards. He has recorded more than 20 studio albums, and charted over 40 singles.

1964 - Amy Ray
Amy Ray, from Grammy Award–winning folk rock music American duo Indigo Girls who have released over 15 albums.

1967 - Mick Jagger
Mick Jagger was punched in the face by an airport official during a row at Le Bourget Airport in France. Jagger lost his temper after The Rolling Stones were being searched for drugs resulting in them missing their flight.

1975 - David Bowie
During an interview with Playboy Magazine David Bowie announced his second career retirement, saying, 'I've rocked my roll. It's a boring dead end, there will be no more rock 'n' roll records from me. The last thing I want to be is some useless f—ing rock singer.'

2015 - Nelly
Grammy Award-winning rapper Nelly was arrested on drugs charges after police stopped the bus in which he was travelling in Tennessee. Officers found 'five coloured crystal-type rocks that tested positive for methamphetamine, as well as a small amount of marijuana and other drug paraphernalia' and handguns on board the tour bus.

2016 - Led Zeppelin
A US court ruled that Led Zeppelin founders Robert Plant and Jimmy Page must face trial in a copyright row over the song 'Stairway to Heaven'. The copyright infringement action had been brought by Michael Skidmore, a trustee for the late Spirit guitarist Randy Wolfe, who played on the same bill as Led Zeppelin in the 1960s, and claimed he should be given a writing credit on the track.