Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,983
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Thanks Taft.

#2 isn’t 100% accurate. You can go to Coinbase and not need a digital wallet to invest. You attach a bank account obviously but no different then traditional investing.

If you’re going to get into the NFT world you do need an electronic wallet and setting it up is a pain in the ass. I was going to buy one of rose bowl quitters cards (and hope he turned into an all-pro someday) but the set up process was just a hassle that I didn’t get it done before the bidding closed.

Oh well, I’m sure some KamFab will do a NFT series supporting Asian love when he goes pro and I’ll be all over it.
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Thanks Taft.

#2 isn’t 100% accurate. You can go to Coinbase and not need a digital wallet to invest. You attach a bank account obviously but no different then traditional investing.

If you’re going to get into the NFT world you do need an electronic wallet and setting it up is a pain in the ass. I was going to buy one of rose bowl quitters cards (and hope he turned into an all-pro someday) but the set up process was just a hassle that I didn’t get it done before the bidding closed.

Oh well, I’m sure some KamFab will do a NFT series supporting Asian love when he goes pro and I’ll be all over it.

You should get your BTC off Coinbase once you're no longer a novice, though. Cheap, easy self-custody is one of the benefits of Bitcoin compared to Gold and many other stores of value.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,983
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Thanks Taft.

You should get your BTC off Coinbase once you're no longer a novice, though. Cheap, easy self-custody is one of the benefits of Bitcoin compared to Gold and many other stores of value.
    Am I missing something? I do use Coinbase... def a novice. Here to listen if you have some nuggets of knowledge.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2021

Thanks Taft.

Am I missing something? I do use Coinbase... def a novice. Here to listen if you have some nuggets of knowledge.
    The saying goes, ‘not your keys, not your cheese.’ If the government bans Bitcoin (not likely) or Coinbase gets hacked (could happen) you can lose your coins. If you self custody your Bitcoin, you are in ultimate control of it and it is much safer in you control.

For self custody, it’s widely agreed that a cold storage device is one of the safer methods. Cold storage is like a secure usb device like Trezor or Ledger. The benefit of these is that your private keys (essentially your money) are never on your computer at the mercy of a hacker or system crash. Check out https://youtu.be/8-kfSw5kPas for an idea of how to take your Bitcoin off the exchange.

If you make the leap to a cold storage wallet, only buy from the manufacturer or official re-seller.
    Ledger (probably the easiest to use but not open source https://www.ledger.com/ledger-live/
    Trezor (also easy, open source) official https://trezor.io/
    > US re-seller I purchased from https://www.thecryptomerchant.com/
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Also, I like the ETF idea for Roth IRA or company matched 401K
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,575
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Hasn't the ship sailed on bitcoin? The value is insane.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

The Mouch says Bitcoin touches $200,000 next year.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,144
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

That’s what I said at $10k. That’s what I’m saying about Ethereum now and its value could end up being greater.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2021
    I transferred my bit from Coinbase to voyager as voyager pays interest. Hacking is a concern everywhere. I get it not insured. But your million goes poof from fidelity then what?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Bit could go anywhere from $300k to million. Theta and avax could be two other thousand dollar coins.