Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Latu guys

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

To be honest ... we know why Martin is here Obviously Kim and Lake knew this

Kim?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

This really sucks and I feel for the kid

That being said, he was a doog legend. Had potential in run stopping as a frosh but that's all we really know. We are fairly deep at that position.

Wut? We have like one AA at that position the rest suck
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited April 2021
    Bowman is legit good. He is way, way better than Smalls, who has potential
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Sav’ell was a freshmen. No shit dude.
    Founders Club

Sav’ell was a freshmen. No shit dude.
    People in this thread are saying Smalls is good and Bowman is a depth guy you fucking inbred
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    TTJ said:

2022: Smalls, Martin, Trice, Lolohea, Tunuufi, Heims, Hopkins, McDonald. And this assumes the All-American, ZTF, leaves early. I dearly wish Latu didn’t have to retire. But I’m not sure I’m seeing a crisis here.

Carson Bruener was also moved to OLB pre-spring.
    Founders Club

TTJ said:

2022: Smalls, Martin, Trice, Lolohea, Tunuufi, Heims, Hopkins, McDonald. And this assumes the All-American, ZTF, leaves early. I dearly wish Latu didn’t have to retire. But I’m not sure I’m seeing a crisis here.

No one player is ever a crisis. But the trend is there. We're losing top-end talent and aren't replacing it with commensurate recruiting classes. We've already lost, we're just waiting to see it all materialize.
    Our best team in 20 years was Browning and a bunch of 3 stars

Relax
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,556
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

That being said, he was a doog legend. Had potential in run stopping as a frosh but that's all we really know. We are fairly deep at that position.

The OLB Should still be solid to good. There is depth and it's a year older. Guys improve.

Still brutal.
    Smalls will be good. Bowman is quality depth. We added Martin. Trice hasn't portalled yet that I recall.

They should be good this year.

2022 with no ZTF or Bowman could be a little scary.
    Trice finally up an extra 15lbs. He's 6'4" 255 now. If he sees the field at all this year I would be encouraged with his development. Flashing as a RS soph and playing regularly as a RS junior would be fine for a kid who we knew needed time to gain weight. Just need to see that flash.
  • louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 330
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

The OLB Should still be solid to good. There is depth and it's a year older. Guys improve.

Still brutal.
    Smalls will be good. Bowman is quality depth. We added Martin. Trice hasn't portalled yet that I recall.

They should be good this year.

2022 with no ZTF or Bowman could be a little scary.
    We also have Jordan Lolohea as a 20 year old after serving his Mormon mission. I really liked his film out of high school.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3016122/58410d28c124dd21c8ac0e61
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

TTJ said:

No one player is ever a crisis. But the trend is there. We're losing top-end talent and aren't replacing it with commensurate recruiting classes. We've already lost, we're just waiting to see it all materialize.

Relax
    Virta Vea was a 3-star but you already knew that.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    dnc said:

To be honest ... we know why Martin is here Obviously Kim and Lake knew this

Kim?
    Kim G
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Baseman said:

TTJ said:

Relax
    Virta Vea was a 3-star but you already knew that.
    As was Sydney Jones, Kevin King, Gaines, both ILB, Pettis, Gaskin...

Many of those guys are in or had their cup off coffee in the NFL. They were underrated talents.

Unless someone can point to all the underrated 3* guys Jimmy is signing who are future draft picks, they shouldn't point to that as evidence in this argument.
    *until