Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Zags Lolz

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
Sorry. Never been able to get there with them.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

EwaDawg said:

My oldest two brothers and my father went to school there. The fans are pretty much the reason that I can't root for them. Well, Few doesn't help.

Every year - this is the year.

Also, every year - wait till next year.

LOLZ, indeed.

They have made the dance every year since before Y2k. Yet, they are still without a title.

I think @dnc and I can attest that back in the early phase of dawgman hoops bored, it was the zag fans that made me hate Gonzaga. I literally had no gripe about Gonzaga before I interacted with their fans. Literally the narrative was UW was finally getting decent, and zag fans came in and shit all over UW and Romar. A lot of them clearly didn't like Romar from his Pepperdine days, and frequently used the term 'roll the ball out,' and elicited comments of 'the Gonzaga way.' They'd trot out that they went undefeated in conference and that their run was unprecedented in a college basketball conference. The play anyone anywhere thing also got old when you really broke down their schedule of about 5 P5 teams they would go 3-2 against then a bunch of cream puffs, be 30-2, be a 2 seed, then lose to 7th seeded Nevada. I can go on.

Fuck them.
    Fuck Gonzaga.
    Agree, but it didn't help that we refused to play them for several years.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,075
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

EwaDawg said:

My oldest two brothers and my father went to school there. The fans are pretty much the reason that I can't root for them. Well, Few doesn't help.

LOLZ, indeed.

They have made the dance every year since before Y2k. Yet, they are still without a title.

I think @dnc and I can attest that back in the early phase of dawgman hoops bored, it was the zag fans that made me hate Gonzaga. I literally had no gripe about Gonzaga before I interacted with their fans. Literally the narrative was UW was finally getting decent, and zag fans came in and shit all over UW and Romar. A lot of them clearly didn't like Romar from his Pepperdine days, and frequently used the term 'roll the ball out,' and elicited comments of 'the Gonzaga way.' They'd trot out that they went undefeated in conference and that their run was unprecedented in a college basketball conference. The play anyone anywhere thing also got old when you really broke down their schedule of about 5 P5 teams they would go 3-2 against then a bunch of cream puffs, be 30-2, be a 2 seed, then lose to 7th seeded Nevada. I can go on.

Fuck them.
    Fuck Gonzaga.
    Agree, but it didn't help that we refused to play them for several years.

That happened 2-3 years later.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

EwaDawg said:

LOLZ, indeed.

Fuck them.
    Fuck Gonzaga.
    100%. I was a Gonzaga fan during the Casey Calvary, Richie Frahm, Matt Santangelo days. Even bought a Gonzaga hat.

But then I met their fans on the internet.

Fuck the Zaggots.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,131
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    EwaDawg said:

LOLZ, indeed.

Judges would also have accepted Oregon Football.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I won my office pool and my family pool purely out of spite, picked Baylor over Gonzaga in the final just because I couldn’t root for them not because I had any real inclination they were better.

The one college bball I did watch this year before the tourney was Baylor smoke UW first game of the season. So you could say I was an expert.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    So should we hire Mark Few now or what? I’m sure he would be down. Hit his ceiling in Spokane!!!!! We are a sleeping giant!
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    EwaDawg said:

LOLZ, indeed.

i also heard a lot of 'this team is DIFFERENT this year.'

its a bit easier playing portland/santa clara back to back than it is playing teams like ucla/baylor back to back.

breaks my heart to see spokane keep getting hurt like that.

it doesnt, its actually pretty funny, but still!
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,487
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    EwaDawg said:

LOLZ, indeed.

It's all true, and also far more than we? can say about anything related to UW hoops. Gonzaga is the real hoops school in the state.
  • Options

EwaDawg said:

LOLZ, indeed.

It's all true, and also far more than we? can say about anything related to UW hoops. Gonzaga is the real hoops school in the state.
    Such as it is. Sure.gif
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

EwaDawg said:

LOLZ, indeed.

i also heard a lot of 'this team is DIFFERENT this year.'

its a bit easier playing portland/santa clara back to back than it is playing teams like ucla/baylor back to back.

breaks my heart to see spokane keep getting hurt like that.

it doesnt, its actually pretty funny, but still!
    Yes. Suggs was different. The other 4 were stiffs when they ran into a team with real athleticism (Baylor).
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,832
    edited April 2021
    dnc said:

EwaDawg said:

LOLZ, indeed.

Fuck them.
    Fuck Gonzaga.
    100%. I was a Gonzaga fan during the Casey Calvary, Richie Frahm, Matt Santangelo days. Even bought a Gonzaga hat.

Fuck the Zaggots.
    The Johnny Come Zaglys are idiots. Anybody who didn't watch a game in Kennedy or drink beer at the old Jack and Dan's should fuck off.

The old timers are cool.

The tennis wives and their tight GU t-shirts and perky nipples can go fuck themselves.

Ok, maybe The Throbber would help the tennis wives fuck themselves too - but you get get the point.
  • Options

EwaDawg said:

LOLZ, indeed.

we? play basketball?
  • Options
    dnc said:

EwaDawg said:

LOLZ, indeed.

Fuck them.
    Fuck Gonzaga.

Fuck the Zaggots.
    i cant even remember the number of handles i had banned on their shit scout site.

fuck those guys were thin skinned.
  • Options
    dnc said:

EwaDawg said:

LOLZ, indeed.

Fuck them.
    Fuck Gonzaga.

Fuck the Zaggots.
    who?
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,075
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

EwaDawg said:

LOLZ, indeed.

Fuck them.
    Fuck Gonzaga.

Fuck the Zaggots.
    i cant even remember the number of handles i had banned on their shit scout site.

After a short dive last night I learned that BobZag, who was one of the chief antagonists sold the bed pan (was a quadriplegic) last year in January.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

EwaDawg said:

LOLZ, indeed.

Fuck them.
    Fuck Gonzaga.

Fuck the Zaggots.

After a short dive last night I learned that BobZag, who was one of the chief antagonists sold the bed pan (was a quadriplegic) last year in January.
    FTG

w/respect