Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,465 Swaye's Wigwam
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    I love this man
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    I agree that his pitch is opening doors ~ unfortunately the direction of the door swing has been outward as more high level players are leaving than are arriving...
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    Rant incoming...

...are the Mariners, Seahawks, Kraken, Sounders, Storm players or coaches showing any UW love on their teams’ Twitter feeds? Seriously, I am asking the question, because I don’t know. I’m willing to bet not (but I will gladly eat my words if I’m wrong).

Sometimes I wish our? university was in some small college town so there wasn’t any distractions of another team.

This shouldn’t bother me, but it does.

Rant incoming...

...are the Mariners, Seahawks, Kraken, Sounders, Storm players or coaches showing any UW love on their teams’ Twitter feeds? Seriously, I am asking the question, because I don’t know. I’m willing to bet not (but I will gladly eat my words if I’m wrong).

Sometimes I wish our? university was in some small college town so there wasn’t any distractions of another team.

I think most team accounts support each other because they get decent engagement from it

That’s good! See, I knew someone would know. Thanks for setting me straight @Neighbor2972.

My desire of having UW in a one time town still stands.

Rant incoming...

I’m not sure. Jimmy might genuinely like the Mariners. Isn’t he from Spokane? It makes sense in a way that he would be a fan of them. It’s not a big deal for the coach to be involved in the local sports community.

It doesn’t mean anything. If by small chance it does, help in some way, great. He’s not going to win or lose because of this.
    I agree, I just think the Tweet, probably irrationally, taps into fans’ concerns that 1) Lake isn’t focused on his job/recruiting by any outside interests and 2) (which is the case with me) that the pro teams in this town get enough FREE PUB
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,465 Swaye's Wigwam

Rant incoming...

I’m not sure. Jimmy might genuinely like the Mariners. Isn’t he from Spokane? It makes sense in a way that he would be a fan of them. It’s not a big deal for the coach to be involved in the local sports community.

It doesn’t mean anything. If by small chance it does, help in some way, great. He’s not going to win or lose because of this.
    I agree, I just think the Tweet, probably irrationally, taps into fans’ concerns that 1) Lake isn’t focused on his job/recruiting by any outside interests and 2) (which is the case with me) that the pro teams in this town get enough FREE PUB
    I love you ddj but this is some neurotic overanalysis of a tweet

So just another day on HH ;)

Rant incoming...

I love you ddj but this is some neurotic overanalysis of a tweet

So just another day on HH ;)
    HA! It is. But remember I’m a woman and we’ll parse a one line text to pieces.

I don’t know how the recruiting people handle trying to read things into Tweets day in and day out.