Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Everything old is new again Rat party style

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
edited March 2021 in Tug Tavern
Your skin color determines your ability to score well on standardized tests is pretty much the old Rat Party Klan's position circa 1938.

Comments

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Your skin color determines your ability to score well on standardized tests is pretty much the old Rat Party Klan's position circa 1938.

I don't believe Black folks are a completely different species than white or Asian or Hispanic folks is quite the message this Congressman intended to send. But he is a Democrat so you never know.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Hey Kobe, is this Congressman engaging in Nazi "race science" here? He sure seems to be claiming that black people are genetically different than white or Asian people.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    He tweeted a cartoon and didn’t mention race.

Pressing, badly.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    But he clearly implied that some people do better and or worse on standardized tests because they are different species.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2021

Pressing, badly.

It could be inferred that that’s what he’s implying, but you could use the same cartoon for socio economic inequality. It still doesn’t make his argument any less dumb. Just because you’re, black, white, Asian, rich, or poor, the test is the test. Some people need to work harder. Unfortunately for Kobe, hard work is too difficult to comprehend.

But it is Kobe after all. The voice of the lazy
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

Pressing, badly.

It could be inferred that that’s what he’s implying, but you could use the same cartoon for socio economic inequality. It still doesn’t make his argument any less dumb. Just because you’re, black, white, Asian, rich, or poor, the test is the test. Some people need to work harder. Unfortunately for Kobe, hard work is too difficult to comprehend.

On an individual level, I think telling people they need to work harder is great but when addressing issues systemically, through policy, it’s insufficient.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2021

Pressing, badly.

On an individual level, I think telling people they need to work harder is great but when addressing issues systemically, through policy, it’s insufficient.
    And the "systemic" issue here is you can't expect people of different races to be able to score the same on standardized tests. In the mind of the racist leftist it's the same as expecting a gold fish to climb a tree as well as a monkey.

I love it when they drop the mask.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,478
    Founders Club

Pressing, badly.

Everything is systemic in Kobeland
    Including the stupidity.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Pressing, badly.

I think you confuse insufficient and “harsh”. Sorry it hurts your feelings