Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This Day in Music March 30

1945 - Eric Clapton
Eric Clapton guitarist, singer, songwriter who has been a member of The Roosters, Casey Jones and the Engineers, John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Yardbirds and Cream who had the 1967 UK No.11 single 'I Feel Free'. He was a member of Blind Faith, and later formed Derek and the Dominoes who had the 1972 UK No.7 single 'Layla'. As a solo artist Clapton scored the 1974 US No.1 single 'I Shot The Sheriff' and the 1992 UK No.5 & US No.25 single 'Tears in Heaven'.

1948 - Jim Dandy
Jim Dandy, from American Southern rock band Black Oak Arkansas, known for their 70s US No.1 radio hit single 'Jim Dandy To The Rescue'.

1962 - MC Hammer
American hip hop artist MC Hammer, (Stanley Kirk Burrell) who had the 1990 US No.1 album Please Hammer Don't Hurt Em, which spent a record-breaking 21 weeks at the Top of the chart. Also known for his 1990 hit single 'U Can't Touch This'. Burrell became a preacher during the late 1990s with a Christian ministry program on TBN called M.C. Hammer and Friends.

1964 - Tracy Chapman
American singer-songwriter Tracy Chapman who had the 1988 UK No.5 & US No.6 single 'Fast Car'. Her 1988 debut album Tracy Chapman, garnered Chapman six Grammy Award nominations, including Album of the Year.

1968 - Celine Dion
Celine Dion, French, Canadian singer who had the 1994 US No.1 single 'The Power Of Love' and the 1998 UK No.1 single 'My Heart Will Go On', plus over 10 other UK Top 40 singles. Her 1995 album D'eux became the best-selling French-language album of all time. She won the Eurovision Song Contest for Switzerland, in 1988.

1979 - Norah Jones
American singer, songwriter, pianist Norah Jones who had the 2002 US & UK Grammy award winning No.1 album 'Come Away With Me' which has sold over 27 million copies. Jones is the daughter of Indian sitar player and composer Ravi Shankar.

1963 - Lesley Gore
16 year-old Lesley Gore recorded her breakthrough hit, 'It's My Party'. The song produced by Quincy Jones went on to be a US No.1.

1974 - John Denver
John Denver went to No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Sunshine On My Shoulders', the singers first of four US No.1's. Denver was killed in a plane crash on 12th October 1997.

1978 - Clash
Paul Simonon and Nicky Headon from The Clash were arrested in Camden Town, London after shooting down racing pigeons with air guns from the roof of Chalk Farm Studios. Four police cars and a helicopter were required to make the arrest. Their fines totalled £800 ($1,360).

Comments