Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nick Saban Shits on "Run the Damn Ball"

I'm stealing this thread off of Dawgman, but it's something that everybody needs to hear that rides with the "Run the Damn Ball" is something that will win on an elite level in todays football. He essentially says it's not about who has the most rush yards and controls the ball it's about out scoring teams period due to the rules of the game. I hope Lake & Donovan fuking listen and Lake doesn't think he's better than the GOAT. Yes, of course Run the Damn Ball is getting used against UW in wide receiver recruiting. I'm sure some will make an excuse for why we ran the ball almost 60-65% of the time last year but it's not going to work. That's the problem with Harbaugh he has not adjusted to modern college football and his offenses have been terrible. It's a pass first world.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    53 seconds beyotch
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

#MySaban

I'm told he's evil incarnate
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

For fucks sake you guys are trolling me right?

Jimmy didn't say we will never throw the ball again and we're going wishbone (I wish). He was fucking around

Ohio State ran for over 400 yards in the B1G title game because they could. And they got our? wide out

Just fucking win

Saban got his D worked over when Sark passed on every down against Clemson with the lead in 2016. Defense no longer is enough but our defense sucks now too so no worries there

Bama still has guys like Derrick Henry and Nadji (sp) every year and they run the damn ball. And they throw it. And they win

The problem was never wanting to be a running team. The problem is our running backs are not good and we insist on running into a stacked box. That’s just stupid.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

When you get talent like Alabama gets, you just do whatever you want. It's going to fail 1-2 times per year at the very most.

JonDon would win multiple Broyles awards
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    Founders Club

For fucks sake you guys are trolling me right?

Jimmy didn't say we will never throw the ball again and we're going wishbone (I wish). He was fucking around

Ohio State ran for over 400 yards in the B1G title game because they could. And they got our? wide out

Just fucking win

Saban got his D worked over when Sark passed on every down against Clemson with the lead in 2016. Defense no longer is enough but our defense sucks now too so no worries there

Bama still has guys like Derrick Henry and Nadji (sp) every year and they run the damn ball. And they throw it. And they win

The problem was never wanting to be a running team. The problem is our running backs are not good and we insist on running into a stacked box. That’s just stupid.

This post deserves many upvotes
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,313
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The best OC in all of college football is the shady car dealer in Tuscaloosa.

Jimmies and Joes.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Saban shits on the nickel

Stanford and I laughed. Out loud