Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Once Visits Open up Recruiting will Get Better...

is what i've been told. Meanwhile in reality Colorado has 7 official visits already set up for June, Oregon has our 2 decommits set to visit, and we.... keep refreshing the transfer portal page.

Comments

• bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Are you related to Roof?
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    From Ektard today. How much are you willing to bet this will backfire again and the new excuse will be "we didn't know OVs would be allowed"

"As we'e been telling you for a while, June is expected to be a very busy month and it looks like July could be very busy too.

Here's the thing though, info I have gotten is that official visits are not likely to be allowed this summer. It sounds like the NCAA is going to open up things for unofficial visits, but that official visits will be pushed off into the fall. All of these schools scheduling official visits are doing so just in case they allow them and then will wind up telling kids that the NCAA won't let it happen.

UW has been in coversations with quite a few recruits about making visits to Seattle in June/July, but it will be on their own dime most likely. I would bet they have contingencies in place in case official visits are allowed, but at this point, I'd be surprised if you see UW set up any."
    This is basically last August again when the Pac12 shut down football while the big boys continued to prepare with hopes of being able to play. How did that turn out? So much for aggressive.
  • OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 583
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

From Ektard today. How much are you willing to bet this will backfire again and the new excuse will be "we didn't know OVs would be allowed"

"As we'e been telling you for a while, June is expected to be a very busy month and it looks like July could be very busy too.

Here's the thing though, info I have gotten is that official visits are not likely to be allowed this summer. It sounds like the NCAA is going to open up things for unofficial visits, but that official visits will be pushed off into the fall. All of these schools scheduling official visits are doing so just in case they allow them and then will wind up telling kids that the NCAA won't let it happen.

UW has been in coversations with quite a few recruits about making visits to Seattle in June/July, but it will be on their own dime most likely. I would bet they have contingencies in place in case official visits are allowed, but at this point, I'd be surprised if you see UW set up any."

Doogman and Chinese state media are basically the same thing.
  • ROOFDOOGINSROOFDOOGINS Member Posts: 266
    I'm told the new strategy is trying to set up visits after someone has committed. This way when they reject us we can say its because they were committed somewhere else. Instead of them just rejecting us from the beginning.
    For the last year Jimmy and his staff have been passing on the no visits excuse to the LPT who have drilled it into their subscribers' heads. How do they explain the shit recruiting when visits are allowed? Don't bring any visitors in.

Ektard says it looks like OVs will be allowed after all so the coaches are now scrambling to get them scheduled for June. Geez, who saw this coming?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Ektard says it looks like OVs will be allowed after all so the coaches are now scrambling to get them scheduled for June. Geez, who saw this coming?

ScottEklund
    STAFF
    Posted on 93 mins, V I P, User Since 190 months ago, User Post Count: 57873
    93 mins
    VIP
    190 months
    aarondub said... (original post)Not that it may be an issue but why was UW so late to set some officials up? Guys like Branch basically have all 5 officials locked in...

They aren't late.

They have been talking to several guys about official visits. They just aren't going to bring in a bunch of guys.

Kim Grinolds
    STAFF
    Posted on 89 mins, V I P, User Since 234 months ago, User Post Count: 35649
    89 mins
    VIP
    234 months
    The thing that so many of you seem to forget is things change all the time. What's true today, can change quickly. Everybody seems to want up to the minute definitive answers. Recruiting doesn't always work like that. And you've all seen it numerous times.

This is going to be another crazy year in recruiting. Kids who are committed to schools without visiting may very well decide they want to reopen the recruitment and take visits. I think we'll see a lot of that.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

The thing that so many of you seem to forget is things change all the time. What's true today, can change quickly. Everybody seems to want up to the minute definitive answers. Recruiting doesn't always work like that. And you've all seen it numerous times.

This is going to be another crazy year in recruiting. Kids who are committed to schools without visiting may very well decide they want to reopen the recruitment and take visits. I think we'll see a lot of that.

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Kim Grinolds

Isn't that the point of selling yourselves as insiders with exclusive access and charging a monthly fee for that advertised service?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'll never not be entertained reading Kim's instinctual need to be a condescending know-it-all to every legitimate question from a subscriber. You can practically feel the small-man ego oozing out of every word. Any actual reporter who isn't insecure would simply answer the question, maybe even throw in a customary "that's a good Q", even if it isn't, since he's allegedly trying to make money.

It’s the same Kim shtick that has been going on for years. I saw awhile back he told posters to look forward regarding Hopkins and UW basketball. Criticizing Hop and wanting him fired so UW has a chance to be good again means you are a miserable person.
  • ROOFDOOGINSROOFDOOGINS Member Posts: 266
    Update 4-19:

Myles Pollard: Visiting Auburn in June.
    Ben Morrison: Visiting Notre Dame in June.

Do we have anyone on our staff setting up visits? Our top targets are all going to be committed by the time we start scheduling.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    thechatch said:

The fact that Kim, Fetters, Ruth, and Ecklund make up the UW insiders fansites is fucking amazing to me.

Just horrendous.

It's been this way for over 20 years.

And for a brief tim we had Basnight too!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614