Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

As Huard hype increases wonder what Morris is thinking?

Comments

• Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,397
    chuck said:

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

alumni94 said:

Just fucking win.

Brownsox has the most wins in school history
    Ive always blamed Petersen more than Browning for our inability to win the big OOC marquee game under Pete.

Like Yeah, Browning wasnt clutch...but what coaching staff sees Browning and asks him to run a goaline option against Auburn in Atlanta?
    That's the play that always comes to mind when I think of individual moments that define the frustration of 2017-1019.
    I can't believe he didn't check out of that play.
    Browning thought he was a stud and probably convinced himself he was capable of running the ball against them.
    Obviously wasn't reading "our?" stuff, and lacked perspective...
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,786 Founders Club
    I'd put a small wager on no redshirt

He will be here for spring and redshirt aren't cool with the 5 stars these days

Bryce Young couldn't beat out Jones at Bama and still didn't redshirt

Nor did the Clemson freshman who turned out being needed to start a couple games
  • KidsInCagesDawgKidsInCagesDawg Member Posts: 337

TTJ said:

Sam gonna redshirt, my guys. Why else would he be at Kennedy instead of Montlake this spring?

It would be very unusual for a true frosh to unseat even a mediocre incumbent starting QB. And DMo was actually pretty solid last year.

He's playing 3 games at Kennedy before enrolling at UW for spring camp.
    Yeah but still
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,024 Founders Club
    TTJ said:

Sam gonna redshirt, my guys. Why else would he be at Kennedy instead of Montlake this spring?

It would be very unusual for a true frosh to unseat even a mediocre incumbent starting QB. And DMo was actually pretty solid last year.

Because #myLancers
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Nor did the Clemson freshman who turned out being needed to start a couple games

The chinteresting thing is you can play four games and still redshirt now so the truth might be in the middle.

I think he wins the starting job by mid October though.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

I predict Morris keeps the starting job by being better.

#metoo
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,854
    TTJ said:

He’s coming at the start of spring ball per the times/eklund. There aren’t playoffs this year.

Everyone got a free redshirt last year though.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,197

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

alumni94 said:

Just fucking win.

Brownsox has the most wins in school history
    Ive always blamed Petersen more than Browning for our inability to win the big OOC marquee game under Pete.

Like Yeah, Browning wasnt clutch...but what coaching staff sees Browning and asks him to run a goaline option against Auburn in Atlanta?
    That's the play that always comes to mind when I think of individual moments that define the frustration of 2017-1019.
    I can't believe he didn't check out of that play.
    i wouldnt have, im a selfish asshole though.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

Morris keeps the starting job by winning with the pressure of knowing Five Star Home Town Hero is tanned rested and ready warming up in the bullpen.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

Morris keeps the starting job by winning with the pressure of knowing Five Star Home Town Hero is tanned rested and ready warming up in the bullpen.
    I like my hometown heroes to have already thrown collegiate touchdowns. #LetDyMoCook
    chuck said:

Lol

Your going to be disappointed man. I hope you're not. Huard will make throws we haven't seen at UW in forever if he's mentally up to the task.

I like Morris and think UW can win big with him if a couple of other things turn around. I hope Huard does beat him though because that's a positive sign he's going to live up to his talent and rating.
    I hope so too man. I think Huard can be that game changer at QB we are sorely missing. DMo is more than serviceable tho! Rooting for Sammy which means Dmo will get the job. Life is pain.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

Dylan was a high four star and did well at the Elite 11. Scout team MVP and played well in his first action with shitty receivers.

He is solid at worst and if Huard beats him out that means Huard is a practice god. How Huard will handle @ Michigan is what I'm worried about. I have faith Morris has the nuts to win us that game.

This is why Huard starting is very unlikely. No coach is going to be over-eager to demote a QB who hasn't done anything to lose the job. If they elevate Huard it'll be because he is mind blowing good in practice. If it's even, or close to even, Lake won't take the risk of running a true freshman out there.