Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2015 TBS Outlook

Fuck Doogman and fuck Jood for either costing money, being late or generally being no good at what they do (or all 3).

http://www.uwdawgpound.com/2014/2/8/5392008/football-recruiting-2015-an-early-look-ahead

Here's a pretty decent article that goes over the instate crop for 2015 (because Petersen recruits WA state and doesn't fuck around in CA all the time) and other Husky targets across the West. Also, the poast has information that's current, like Thomas Toki moving to CA to play his Sr. year instead of playing Juanita. Who would've thought that putting time and effort into TBS would actually make a good product? Novel concept, I know.

Comments

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Wow, and they didn't even take pot shots at Petermen's recruiting. They must not be very dialed in.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    CCP will be a stud if he gets the big three Trey Adams, Henry Roberts and Calvin Throckmorton. Toss in some skill positions in McClatcher and Gaskin and defense in Branch and Potoae and we only need dip into Cali to fill in the gaps.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If we're going to talk 2015 TBS already, then I'm fucking out.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sark already had em all in the bag in 2012.

If you negadoogs hadn't run his chubby chins out of town we would be off season champs.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014

CCP will be a stud if he gets the big three Trey Adams, Henry Roberts and Calvin Throckmorton. Toss in some skill positions in McClatcher and Gaskin and defense in Branch and Potoae and we only need dip into Cali to fill in the gaps.

Potoae is going to suck in college, just like his brother did. These guys are fully matured at 15, so they push around short, chubby high school lineman, but won't do shit in college. 2 years ago, Eklund was telling us Potoae was a potential five star. He's not even in the top 300 for his class now. He also hasn't grown for two years. I've got these fuckers dialed in.

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm excited about the in state talent this year, adams is already committed, hopefully CP can also get Roberson and one of the RB's like Joyner
  • Options
    "Sark was in on all these guys. Had you guys not ran him out of town Sark would have brought in his second straight top 5 class and working on another Rose Bowl win." - Scott EklundFS

"Peterman not giving access to the media is hurting his recruiting once again. I mean look at what Sark is doing at USC? It's because he is giving access away. Now don't go twisting my words around saying I think Sark is a better recruiter than Peterman but he is outrecruiting Peterman right now."- Kim GrinoldsFS
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,436
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I'm still in my refractory period from last week. Need to ask mom for some $$$ to buy new sweatpants before I can even start thinking about 2015.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Potoae is going to suck in college, just like his brother did. These guys are fully matured at 15, so they push around short, chubby high school lineman, but won't do shit in college. 2 years ago, Eklund was telling us Potoae was a potential five star. He's not even in the top 300 for his class now. He also hasn't grown for two years. I've got these fuckers dialed in.

Solid points. Although little Benning Potatoe still hasn't got as big a s big Potatoe . As Ekturd would say ,I like his upside more.
  • Options

The scary thing is that other that Reggie Williams Lakes has not players excel at the next level. I'm not sure what's going on there.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The scary thing is that other that Reggie Williams Lakes has not players excel at the next level. I'm not sure what's going on there.

Kearse was good,Middleton would have been decent with his head straight, and I'm sure they will have good players in the future. Lakes guys don't get coaches up. They have great athletes every year, go undefeated against shitty teams and he blown out as soon as they face a good team in the playoffs. Still, if thy have guys capable of being PAC 12 guys, you have to take them.

Alarm bells go off when a guy is the same size at 17 that he was at 14. His brother was the exact same way.

• Options

Kearse was good,Middleton would have been decent with his head straight, and I'm sure they will have good players in the future. Lakes guys don't get coaches up. They have great athletes every year, go undefeated against shitty teams and he blown out as soon as they face a good team in the playoffs. Still, if thy have guys capable of being PAC 12 guys, you have to take them.

Alarm bells go off when a guy is the same size at 17 that he was at 14. His brother was the exact same way.

Ahhh yes Middleton. What a shame and Kearse can certainly be called a success. Thanks for the correction.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The thing about Lakes is that Butch G. has nothing on Dave Miller in terms of recruiting. The guy essentially hand-picks the best players out of Tacoma year after year. Some kids claim to live with a relative or friend who are in-district, some kids outright lie about where they live.

When you have a Tacoma All-Star team at a high school that plays in a pretty shitty league, it makes kids look better than they are and, in many cases, the hype that they received playing for Lakes, trumped their actually playing ability as far as recruiting services were concerned (Banner is a great example). If a lot of these kids had stayed at Clover Park, Washington, Mt. Tahoma, or wherever else they would not be nearly as hyped.
  • Options
    Banner was a kid that I thought was suspect. He's a great kid but Scout ended up giving him a Fifth star and I thought that was interesting because I had not seen Banner dominate the best in competition. Later he was in one of the Army All-American and I heard the he looked a bit slow and stiff. I'm wishing Banner great success at USC. When I saw Scott Garnett I told him I was proud of his boy. These are WA kids and I want them to do well but I also want the recruiting services to be a bit better in this state and not miss the Crichtons and not overate guys like Izbicki. Thank God we have a coach that ignores recruit rankings.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014
    I once saw Banner got dominated by a 5'10" 200 pound DE from Peninsula. The DE had at least 2 sacks and probably 2 or 3 more tackles for loss. This was his senior year too. I had seen him play twice the year before and was unimpressed. When Eklund was asked about it, this is what he said. "Yeah, but he's not going to be blocking guys 5'10" 200 in college. When you are 6'9", those guys are hard to block. You can't judge him until he blocks a college sized DE." A few weeks later, Bellevue's DE dominated him the entire game. It was the dumbest fucking reasoning he has ever used. I don't even think the Budda Baker is a lock to stick with Oregon because I had UW and UCLA as the favorites can even touch that.

I have no clue how Banner had offers from most of the country. He is huge and his basketball abilty proves he's a good athlete, but he was no football player. This guy was straight garbage when I watched him.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm fucking out until I hear about how the TBS's look in terms of their hips and whether they are more quick or fast.