Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Nextdoor Neighbor app

RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
I don't know why I signed up for this POS app. For every positive post or good information which it provides, there's far more negative. Now the latest trend is for Asian people complaining about being called names. The response to these posts is overwhelmingly supportive but there's a very dangerous undertone to many as well. These crazy people want the assholes, who supposedly call Asians names or make stupid references to C19, to be arrested for hate crimes. They are demanding the FBI open criminal investigations. One neighbor even bragged about being "strapped 24/7" and that he wouldn't hesitate to pull his gun if this behavior came his way. People have lost their fucking minds.

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Not what I’m hearing:

It's where communities come together to greet newcomers, exchange recommendations, and read the latest local news. Where neighbors support local businesses and get updates from public agencies. Where neighbors borrow tools and sell couches. It's how to get the most out of everything nearby. Welcome, neighbor.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Meanwhile, to the extent that Asians face any threat of being attacked, it ain't white, MAGA hat wearing, Trump supporters who they need to worry about.

Btw, what impact does it have on young black males, the more likely perpetrators of violence against Asians, to tell them that Asians are "white adjacent" and benefit from the same "white privilege" that white people benefit from?

Does that increase or decrease the likelihood that blacks might attack Asians?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,038
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you live in the big city, don’t let your wife join next door. Just don’t.

In small town America it’s ok for the comedy.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,939
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The Throbber deleted that app. I give zero fucks about those needing babysitters. And if you don't have enough friends IRL to get recommendations for things like plumbers or contractors, you really need to get a life.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Meanwhile, to the extent that Asians face any threat of being attacked, it ain't white, MAGA hat wearing, Trump supporters who they need to worry about.

Btw, what impact does it have on young black males, the more likely perpetrators of violence against Asians, to tell them that Asians are "white adjacent" and benefit from the same "white privilege" that white people benefit from?

Does that increase or decrease the likelihood that blacks might attack Asians?

We ought to be telling everyone to be more “Asian adjacent” and hit the fucking books.
    As an illiterate part Asian, I take offense at such damaging stereotypes.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2021
    doogie said:

Not what I’m hearing:

It's where communities come together to greet newcomers, exchange recommendations, and read the latest local news. Where neighbors support local businesses and get updates from public agencies. Where neighbors borrow tools and sell couches. It's how to get the most out of everything nearby. Welcome, neighbor.

The one in my area is pretty much for sad losers who need to express the opinions they just received from NPR as though they were their own.

Aside from that, lots of "have you seen this cat?" requests.

Fuck Cat People. Dogs or GTFO.