Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pole Thread: Worst Pete Season

haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,603 Swaye's Wigwam

Pole Thread: Worst Pete Season 42 votes

2014: I need to press my OKG culture by running off my best defensive player and letting my best offensive player play exclusively linebacker.
4%
RoadDawg55El_K 2 votes
2015: We're really young guys. We're going to butt slam the pac 12 next year and make the playoffs with this same team, but still, we're really young. Expect 7 wins.
2%
Pitchfork51 1 vote
2017: You can't expect to win your division with the best roster in the Pac 12.
9%
whlinderPostGameOrangeSlicesgodawgstFireCohen 4 votes
2019: We like to brag about our recruiting classes, and then not play any of them in a reload year. But Bachellia and Fuller EARNED this.
71%
DerekJohnsonTommySQCFire_Marshall_BillSwayeMad_SonAtomicDawg79smoothdawgdOgmasterdncalumni94HFNYGreenRiverGatorzspudenFremontTrollLebamDawgSourcesQuietcowskeeMiley_CyrusDoog_de_Jourhardhat 30 votes
Write In: We lost to a flawed SC team at home while beating our chests wearing blackout American flag uniforms
2%
RaceBannon 1 vote
Write In: You can't expect to beat an Oregon team that backs into a win in OT at home and acts like it's their best win in school history.
9%
biak1huskyhooliganBreadramenduck 4 votes

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,786 Founders Club
    Write In: We lost to a flawed SC team at home while beating our chests wearing blackout American flag uniforms
    Quite honestly

• BreadBread Member Posts: 4,015
    Write In: You can't expect to beat an Oregon team that backs into a win in OT at home and acts like it's their best win in school history.
    2007. Couldn't even win the WAC
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,786 Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

The year that Pete burned out and should have not coached

oh wait he didn't

This. I still to this day get pissed how he said that his heart wasn’t into it when he was at the Rose Bowl. That’s like your husband that you’ve been married to for 15 years, after he’s served you with divorce papers, say, “I never really loved you”. You tearfully go through your photo album, and your heart swells as you remember the good times, but then you start playing back all those memories and berate yourself how you didn’t see it before...the snippy remarks, the long silences, the stubbornness. How could you have been so blind to his indifference? You tell yourself that you deserve better, but let’s face it, you’re all washed up and there’s no way anyone will ever want you again.

Wait, what?
    Its not you. Its me
  • El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,176 Swaye's Wigwam
    2014: I need to press my OKG culture by running off my best defensive player and letting my best offensive player play exclusively linebacker.
    2014 for me.
    Running off Peters was a head scratcher. Big time programs know how to handle a talent like him.
    The talent on the defensive side of the ball was not indicative of what should have happened on the field
    Running a fake punt with Shaq against Stanford on 4th and 7 AFTER CALLING A TIME OUT was when I knew Petersen was out of his depths and Shaw was Petersen’s and Lake’s daddy
    The turd sandwhich they made us eat against Oklahoma State was embarrassing.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    2015: We're really young guys. We're going to butt slam the pac 12 next year and make the playoffs with this same team, but still, we're really young. Expect 7 wins.
    Which was the one when you missed 3 field goals and lost to us when we had a crappy team? 17?
  • ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    edited March 2021
    I hated this game and was pissed the entire time watching the losing game plan unfold. Getting to 3rd and 4th down every single series. Grabbing our ankles and praying a kicker would miss a field goal so we could keep playing.

Always happy to get a win, but it was in spite of the coaches and the game plan.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,589 Founders Club
    2019: We like to brag about our recruiting classes, and then not play any of them in a reload year. But Bachellia and Fuller EARNED this.
    El_K said:

2014 for me.
    Running off Peters was a head scratcher. Big time programs know how to handle a talent like him.
    The talent on the defensive side of the ball was not indicative of what should have happened on the field
    Running a fake punt with Shaq against Stanford on 4th and 7 AFTER CALLING A TIME OUT was when I knew Petersen was out of his depths and Shaw was Petersen’s and Lake’s daddy

Well, he did try to choke an assistant. Even Saban has to draw the line somewhere...
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,589 Founders Club
    2014 was a close second. I went to whatever the hell bowel we made (Cactus). Of course it was one of those times it was in the 30s in Tempe.

2019 was worse though. He took a top 15 program and sank it.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    El_K said:

2014 for me.

Agree with everything but the Petersburg. There's a line for everyone. He crossed it. You can't have players putting their hands on coaches, period.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

LebamDawg said:

The year that Pete burned out and should have not coached

oh wait he didn't

This. I still to this day get pissed how he said that his heart wasn’t into it when he was at the Rose Bowl. That’s like your husband that you’ve been married to for 15 years, after he’s served you with divorce papers, say, “I never really loved you”. You tearfully go through your photo album, and your heart swells as you remember the good times, but then you start playing back all those memories and berate yourself how you didn’t see it before...the snippy remarks, the long silences, the stubbornness. How could you have been so blind to his indifference? You tell yourself that you deserve better, but let’s face it, you’re all washed up and there’s no way anyone will ever want you again.

Wait, what?
    TRIGGERED
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Which was the one when you missed 3 field goals and lost to us when we had a crappy team? 17?

FYFMFE
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

El_K said:

2014 for me.

Agree with everything but the Petersburg. There's a line for everyone. He crossed it. You can't have players putting their hands on coaches, period.
    I did not type that. Christ.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,072 Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

El_K said:

2014 for me.

I did not type that. Christ.
    The Siege of Petersburg was brutal. Preview of WW1 but before the industrial revolution got its reads down.