Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Garbers

2»

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,603 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

haie said:

Why did we even fucking take Garbs? Because his mediocre brother beat Pete twice?

Whoop dee fucking doo, our whole defensive philosophy dares you to complete a 4 yard pass for continual first downs instead of trying the 40-60 yard bomb.

What are you even talking about?

They took him because he is a great prospect. Have you looked at what he did in HS? Seen him play? WTF does his brother have to do with it? He is light years better than his brother.

I'm not pissed and don't blame the coaches for this one. This is the new reality. It would have been great to keep him as backup QB with diverse skills and a history of being a winner at a minimum. The days of keeping talented players buried in backup roles, especially at QB, are history though.
    He played in a shit league and we wanted his buddy Redman.

What are you even taking about?!!?;?!;???;!?!!?!;?!;?!;?;;?;??;;?!;?;;?!;!??????
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    dnc said:

haie said:

Why did we even fucking take Garbs? Because his mediocre brother beat Pete twice?

Whoop dee fucking doo, our whole defensive philosophy dares you to complete a 4 yard pass for continual first downs instead of trying the 40-60 yard bomb.

I liked him as a prospect. It’s not like he flamed out or anything. He’s just stuck behind a sophomore with a phenom coming in.
    On one hand, yes.

OTOH that phenom committed long before Garbers was even offered. It's not like he didn't know the situation coming in.

Of all the kids who have transferred I probably have a problem with Garbers bailing after one year the most. I'm pretty close to FTG territory with him.
    You’re right that he never should have committed here in the first place. But I think losing the job to Morris and Morris doing well is 90% of the reason he is leaving and Sam 10%.

If Sirmon or that grad transfer had won the job then I think he sticks around and tries to win the job in 2021.

It’s just hard when a freshman wins the job and you’re also a freshman.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

They took him because he is a great prospect. Have you looked at what he did in HS? Seen him play? WTF does his brother have to do with it? He is light years better than his brother.

I'm not pissed and don't blame the coaches for this one. This is the new reality. It would have been great to keep him as backup QB with diverse skills and a history of being a winner at a minimum. The days of keeping talented players buried in backup roles, especially at QB, are history though.

What are you even taking about?!!?;?!;???;!?!!?!;?!;?!;?;;?;??;;?!;?;;?!;!??????
    The league is good and he tore it up on one of the best high school teams in the country. That doesn’t guarantee any success in college, but he was a good prospect that bailed because he’s probably no better than the third best QB on the roster.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

chuck said:

haie said:

The league is good and he tore it up on one of the best high school teams in the country. That doesn’t guarantee any success in college, but he was a good prospect that bailed because he’s probably no better than the third best QB on the roster.
    I guess.. I'm not sure he had time to determine that. It would have taken a miracle for him to move in front of Sirmon and Morris in his first camp. I thought he still had a good shot this spring and fall, but faced longer odds with Huard coming in. Thats one established starter and an 5* coming in, both with four years of eligibility if I'm not mistaken.

It would have been a long shot for him to even rise to #2, like you said. It was disappointing but was a good choice to leave.