Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

FBI Cannot ‘Disclose the Cause of Death’ of Officer Brian Sicknick: Director Wray

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,178
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
By Jack Phillips
The Epoch Times

The FBI “cannot disclose the cause of death” of U.S. Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick, after The New York Times and other news outlets either retracted or updated reports claiming he was killed by being hit with a fire extinguisher during the Capitol riots on Jan. 6.

FBI Director Christopher Wray responded to a question from Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) during a Senate hearing on Tuesday about whether the agency has determined Sicknick’s cause of death. Grassley noted “conflicting reports” about his cause of death and whether there is a homicide investigation.

“There is an ongoing investigation into his death,” Wray said, adding that “I certainly understand … and appreciate the keen interest in what happened to him.”

But despite Wray’s testimony, it’s still unclear whether the FBI does not know Sicknick’s cause of death or whether the agency simply will not disclose it.

Wray then stated that “the investigation is ongoing … that means we can’t disclose the cause of death.” When asked again by Grassley about whether the FBI knows his cause of death, Wray said, “I didn’t say that,” and again repeated that the FBI can’t disclose the cause of death.

Sicknick’s death was invoked a number of times by lawmakers in Congress during former President Donald Trump’s impeachment and trial as they tried to portray the riots as an insurrection that resulted in the loss of lives, repeating claims from The New York Times that Sicknick was beaten by a pro-Trump supporter during the riots. The New York Times later updated its story to say “new information has emerged regarding the death of the Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick that questions the initial cause of his death provided by officials close to the Capitol Police.”

That narrative also suffered a major setback last week when Sicknick’s mother, Gladys, told the Daily Mail that her son wasn’t hit on the head.

“He wasn’t hit on the head, no. We think he had a stroke, but we don’t know anything for sure,” Gladys Sicknick told the outlet in an exclusive interview on Feb. 22. “We’d love to know what happened,” she said.

Sicknick’s brother also appeared to dispute the reports about his death in early January. “[Officer Sicknick] texted me last night and said, ‘I got pepper-sprayed twice,’ and he was in good shape,” Ken Sicknick said to news outlets last month, appearing to dispute key details of the original NY Times report.

The Capitol Police said last week that the medical examiner’s report on Sicknick’s death is not yet complete.

“We are awaiting toxicology results and continue to work with other government agencies regarding the death investigation,” the agency said in a statement.

Meanwhile, Wray described the Jan. 6 incident as “domestic terrorism” and claimed it coincided with the rise of white nationalism and extremism in the United States in recent years.

“One of the things we struggle with in particular is that more and more, the ideologies if you will, that are motivating these violent extremists are less and less coherent, less and less linear, less and less easy to pin down,” Wray told senators.

Comments

• Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,918
    When is Christopher Wray scheduled to hang, @oregonblitzkrieg ?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,564
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The FBI is corrupt beyond repair
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,092
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladys Sicknick, the mother of the New Jersey native and U.S. Capitol Police Officer who died during the January 6th incursion of the U.S. Capitol was not killed by an angry mob of Trump supporters or beaten by a fire extinguisher. Instead, Mrs. Sicknick said she believes her son died instead of a stroke.

Over one month later, his family still has few answers about his death.

Mrs. Sicknick told the Daily Mail on Tuesday that she believes her son suffered a fatal stroke and discounted mainstream media accounts that claimed he was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher. The newspaper reported that Sicknick was taken to the hospital after having adverse effects from pepper spray possibly.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

That’s always been the case. It’s just in the open now. They got away with trying to overthrow the President of the USA based on forged warrants and fake dossiers.

Do people really understand this level of corruption?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021
    The one area where the FBI really excelled and it's been this way since it's very early days was their public marketing. The reality is that the FBI has always been corrupt, it just shocks people to learn this because it's so in contrast to the public image that has been created.

I know I myself have fallen victim to this thinking, that the current level of corruption at the FBI is unprecedented, when even a cursory look at their history shows they've always been this corrupt.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mello approved of the FBI spying on MLK and killing the Black Panthers
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter

FBI also didn't do much to stop the growth of the Mafia during the 30s 40s and 50s. Hoover dismissed the idea of organized crime until the late 50s.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,940
    They can't find ANTIFA either!
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

As long as their corruption hits both sides the centrists are pleased and all is right with the world.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

As long as their corruption hits both sides the centrists are pleased and all is right with the world.
    I had to upvote this. Didn't want to but felt I owed it to you since I laughed
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Honestly, that's my takeaway from the past decade and especially the last 4 years. As much as I hate and distrust those scumbag politicians, arrogant, unaccountable law enforcement bureaucrats are even worse.

Comey belongs in jail, along with McCabe, Clinesmith and Strzok.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Honestly, that's my takeaway from the past decade and especially the last 4 years. As much as I hate and distrust those scumbag politicians, arrogant, unaccountable law enforcement bureaucrats are even worse.

Comey belongs in jail, along with McCabe, Clinesmith and Strzok.
    The Brainwashed Left completely trusting the federal police instead of their community police neighbors is all part of every authoritarian regime. Condition the weak and get rid of the strong.