Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Give UCLA credit

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,786 Founders Club
For making playing lower tier opponents look like something special. I would prefer this to Eastern quite honestly. Plus the exposure down south.

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Solid marketing by UCLA. And kudos to Pick Six Previews for looking right past it and making this about UCLA dropping down their level of competition, which it is.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Wow almost Nebraska classy
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,544 Swaye's Wigwam

I guess we have to keep ND and USC on Mt Rushmore still.

Seriously, the Power 5's need to dumps these loser games.

One game a year against a non P-5 opponent. Anything more disqualifies a team from the playoff and BCS Bowls. It would fix the problem right away.
    I've been pitching this for years. In fact, I've gone further: As many lower level games as you want, but they don't count as wins toward bowl eligibility. Losses count as nine losses.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,606 Founders Club

I guess we have to keep ND and USC on Mt Rushmore still.

Seriously, the Power 5's need to dumps these loser games.

One game a year against a non P-5 opponent. Anything more disqualifies a team from the playoff and BCS Bowls. It would fix the problem right away.
    I had a long conversation with Hugh Millen about this in 2009. His thought was that they should outlaw the ability for then-BCS teams to schedule against Div II schools. But it must be said that when Woodward announced in 2011 that the Huskies would begin playing Georgia State and Idaho State and other lower-tiered schools, Hugh said on KJR that he was all for it.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,197

For making playing lower tier opponents look like something special. I would prefer this to Eastern quite honestly. Plus the exposure down south.

a few more years under helton and trooj will evolve into a 1-AA team.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

LB_33 said:

The NFL loving douche canoes ruin everything they touch in College Football. If you’re Bammers why play SC in the Coliseum like the hood old days when the SEC crown with 4 powder puff games is good enough?

Paul Finebaum approves
    FTGITF

I have a good buddy who works for ESPN. I thank him many times a year for ruining college football.
    Fuck That Guy In The Fanny?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,072 Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

LB_33 said:

The NFL loving douche canoes ruin everything they touch in College Football. If you’re Bammers why play SC in the Coliseum like the hood old days when the SEC crown with 4 powder puff games is good enough?

Paul Finebaum approves
    FTGITF

I have a good buddy who works for ESPN. I thank him many times a year for ruining college football.
    Fuck That Guy In The Fanny?
    *face
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited February 2021
    This is true, but is scheduling San Jose st, Utah st, Hawaii, Nevada, and Idaho any better?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,072 Founders Club

This is true, but is scheduling San Jose st, Utah st, Hawaii, Nevada, and Idaho any better?

ABC. The C can be SJSU but not FCS. The old plan was fine.

ive said this in over 9000 threads but i really hope your buddy's employer knows what theyre doing. they better hope ALL OF AMERICA wants to tune into BAMMER versus (insert team here) on saturday nights in the near future.

disney paid a fuckton for nba and sec fball and is getting pretty much ignoring americas game.

ive said this in over 9000 threads but i really hope your buddy's employer knows what theyre doing. they better hope ALL OF AMERICA wants to tune into BAMMER versus (insert team here) on saturday nights in the near future.

disney paid a fuckton for nba and sec fball and is getting pretty much ignoring americas game.

case in poont.