Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Seahawks Off Season

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited February 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
Now that they have won a Super Bowl, it's time for an off season championship. Michael Rappaport on NFL Network reported that signing Earl Thomas and Michael Bennett to extensions are the #1 priorities. These are smart moves. Bennett was a great signing. I think he is our best DL, and he graded out very high on Pro Football Focus. If it's possible, we need to re-sign him. I would assume they would like to get something done with Sherman as well.

I would let Tate walk. With Harvin hopefully being healthy, he's somewhat of a redundant player. I like Tate, but choices have to be made. Maybe he can be had for cheap because WR is supposed to be a strength in the draft. Harvin, Baldwin (restricted free agent), Kearse, Lockette, and hopefully a 1st-3rd round pick will be fine at WR.

Zach Miller is a good player, but he makes a lot of money. He may be able to be restructured. I doubt they want to lose him, but he's not worth the money he's being paid either. The only problem with cutting him is we don't have a good blocking TE, and even though he is slow, he is reliable as a receiver.

Giacominni is a free agent dilemma. He's not great, but he's serviceable. Hopefully he can be re-signed for cheap. Okung may get extended too. He played kind of shitty this year, but he's probably a top 10-15 tackle, and you don't let those guys walk.

Red Bryant should get cut. No point to pay him the 3 million bonus that is due. Chris Clemons should probably get cut, considering he has a 9 million cap hit. He is on the last year of his deal though, so they may let him play out the year and let the deal expire if possible. There are cheaper replacements for these guys.

I hope either McDonald or McDaniel can be re-signed at DT. Both of those guys played pretty well this year, especially McDonald.

I am assuming Thurmond will leave. He's a starting CB somewhere. Browner is almost guaranteed to be gone. Lane has some promise and maybe Simon, the guy from LSU will be good too. I bet they pick another CB somewhere in the draft, maybe even early. Maxwell will eventually be paid as well and there's no way they can afford Maxwell, Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor. Not really worried about it, but it would be nice to have a capable young and cheap replacement because I doubt we re-sign Sherman and Maxwell in 2015.

The team is fucking stacked. There's no reason not to Hook it up.

Comments

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Draft needs as I see it would be 1. OL help 2. Physical #2 receiver 3. 3rd CB 4. increase reserve talent at DL/LB 5. Blocking TE. If Rice and Miller walk then you have the money to pay your defense, maybe also bring in another body at LB. No glaring holes, must be nice to be John Schneider.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    miller is only a 4.8 million dollar cap hit, no reason to get rid of him.
    Tate says he'll take a hometown discount, if the price is is 4 per, sure, if it's six he can walk.
    Red Bryant is the leader of the defense, I really want him back however he needs to take a substantial pay cut.
    Rapaport says Rice is gone, he should be.
    We likely won't resign mcdonald, and mcdaniel is old, let's go with hill/williams, they're younger.
    Clemons will get cut as well. Avril and Bennett are the future pass rushers for this team, extend both.
    Breno is an interesting one for me, if they target a RT in the draft breno is gone, but if there isn't one I wouldn't bet against him returning.
  • Options
    I think u trade down once or twice, get a 3rd round pick and accumulate a lot of picks, take a big WR, 1 or 2 olineman, a pass rusher, and a LB, and some other stuff.
    A lot of needs for this team down the road but nothing you have to address now, the outlook looks very bright
  • Options
    The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I think Giacomini is underrated. Everybody remembers his stupid penalties but he is a pretty decent right tackle. He also is one of the guys that sets the tone for physicality and being tough which as we know is something other teams acknowledge the Seahawks have.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Now that they have won a Super Bowl, it's time for an off season championship. Michael Rappaport on NFL Network reported that signing Earl Thomas and Michael Bennett to extensions are the #1 priorities. These are smart moves. Bennett was a great signing. I think he is our best DL, and he graded out very high on Pro Football Focus. If it's possible, we need to re-sign him. I would assume they would like to get something done with Sherman as well.

I would let Tate walk. With Harvin hopefully being healthy, he's somewhat of a redundant player. I like Tate, but choices have to be made. Maybe he can be had for cheap because WR is supposed to be a strength in the draft. Harvin, Baldwin (restricted free agent), Kearse, Lockette, and hopefully a 1st-3rd round pick will be fine at WR.

Zach Miller is a good player, but he makes a lot of money. He may be able to be restructured. I doubt they want to lose him, but he's not worth the money he's being paid either. The only problem with cutting him is we don't have a good blocking TE, and even though he is slow, he is reliable as a receiver.

Giacominni is a free agent dilemma. He's not great, but he's serviceable. Hopefully he can be re-signed for cheap. Okung may get extended too. He played kind of shitty this year, but he's probably a top 10-15 tackle, and you don't let those guys walk.

Red Bryant should get cut. No point to pay him the 3 million bonus that is due. Chris Clemons should probably get cut, considering he has a 9 million cap hit. He is on the last year of his deal though, so they may let him play out the year and let the deal expire if possible. There are cheaper replacements for these guys.

I hope either McDonald or McDaniel can be re-signed at DT. Both of those guys played pretty well this year, especially McDonald.

I am assuming Thurmond will leave. He's a starting CB somewhere. Browner is almost guaranteed to be gone. Lane has some promise and maybe Simon, the guy from LSU will be good too. I bet they pick another CB somewhere in the draft, maybe even early. Maxwell will eventually be paid as well and there's no way they can afford Maxwell, Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor. Not really worried about it, but it would be nice to have a capable young and cheap replacement because I doubt we re-sign Sherman and Maxwell in 2015.

They have no third rounder right now (last piece of Harvin deal).

You didn't mention Baldwin, who is a restricted FA. They'll almost certainly keep him, but I thought that about Steve Hutchinson coming off the last SB appearance too. Hopefully we don't get poison pilled. Also, fuck the Vikings.

The only UFA they have to resign is Bennett. His versatility as a guy who can defend the run or the pass and can get to the passer from inside or outside is special. Gotta keep a guy like that. Hopefully he likes winning more than trying to play with his brother.

I kind of agree on Tate but at the same time I don't like banking on Harvin. Once we dealt for him last year some thought we would trade Baldwin, very glad we didn't do that. But I doubt Tate will really be affordable. I agree the lesser WR's are pretty good - Lockette seems like a guy who could become something. Whatever happened to the Stephen Williams kid from preseason, he seemed to always be open (had some drop issues). Did he land somewhere?

If Miller's cap savings is just $4.6 I guess they could end up keeping him. I had him earmarked as someone who was likely to be gone. Although cutting him now would save big cap money in 2015, right? I just don't think he's an impact player. I'm fine with him leaving. Willson isn't the blocker Miller is but he's a much bigger threat in the passing game.

It will be interesting to see how much Thurmond's off field stuff affects the market for him. Would love to get him back cheap, but I agree he's probably going to be starting for somebody. Browner is long gone, no question.

I agree Clemons is gone. I actually thought Sunday was his best game of the year. Hopefully they can find another underrated edge guy to bring in - all of those guys play up since they stay so fresh. Avril and Bennett are better than Clemons but they're all better together. I think Red Bryant is a guy they will try and keep. His two gap capabilities open up a lot of options for the defense.

Giaccomini isn't the worst right tackle in the world. If he wasn't so penalty prone I'd be more excited to keep him.

For me, the offensive line is priority one, two and three, with a big wideout, blocking tight end if Miller's gone, and edge rusher the other parts I'd look for. And maybe a backup safety, everytime Thomas or Cam are a little slow getting up I get real nervous - would love to cultivate the kind of depth at safety they have at corner.

Really interested to see how last year's draft class contributes to the depth going forward. Except for the tackles in the 7th round and udfa who were pressed into service because of injury it was basically a redshirt year for the entire draft class. Not sure I've ever seen that before at this level. Speaks to the team's ridiculous depth, but also makes me a little nervous the draft was a dud, at least compared to prior year's. I know Michael looks great, very curious to see what they can get out of the rest of these guys.
  • Options
    poison pill is no longer in effect, saw it somewhere
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

They have no third rounder right now (last piece of Harvin deal).

You didn't mention Baldwin, who is a restricted FA. They'll almost certainly keep him, but I thought that about Steve Hutchinson coming off the last SB appearance too. Hopefully we don't get poison pilled. Also, fuck the Vikings.

The only UFA they have to resign is Bennett. His versatility as a guy who can defend the run or the pass and can get to the passer from inside or outside is special. Gotta keep a guy like that. Hopefully he likes winning more than trying to play with his brother.

I kind of agree on Tate but at the same time I don't like banking on Harvin. Once we dealt for him last year some thought we would trade Baldwin, very glad we didn't do that. But I doubt Tate will really be affordable. I agree the lesser WR's are pretty good - Lockette seems like a guy who could become something. Whatever happened to the Stephen Williams kid from preseason, he seemed to always be open (had some drop issues). Did he land somewhere?

If Miller's cap savings is just $4.6 I guess they could end up keeping him. I had him earmarked as someone who was likely to be gone. Although cutting him now would save big cap money in 2015, right? I just don't think he's an impact player. I'm fine with him leaving. Willson isn't the blocker Miller is but he's a much bigger threat in the passing game.

It will be interesting to see how much Thurmond's off field stuff affects the market for him. Would love to get him back cheap, but I agree he's probably going to be starting for somebody. Browner is long gone, no question.

I agree Clemons is gone. I actually thought Sunday was his best game of the year. Hopefully they can find another underrated edge guy to bring in - all of those guys play up since they stay so fresh. Avril and Bennett are better than Clemons but they're all better together. I think Red Bryant is a guy they will try and keep. His two gap capabilities open up a lot of options for the defense.

Giaccomini isn't the worst right tackle in the world. If he wasn't so penalty prone I'd be more excited to keep him.

For me, the offensive line is priority one, two and three, with a big wideout, blocking tight end if Miller's gone, and edge rusher the other parts I'd look for. And maybe a backup safety, everytime Thomas or Cam are a little slow getting up I get real nervous - would love to cultivate the kind of depth at safety they have at corner.

Really interested to see how last year's draft class contributes to the depth going forward. Except for the tackles in the 7th round and udfa who were pressed into service because of injury it was basically a redshirt year for the entire draft class. Not sure I've ever seen that before at this level. Speaks to the team's ridiculous depth, but also makes me a little nervous the draft was a dud, at least compared to prior year's. I know Michael looks great, very curious to see what they can get out of the rest of these guys.
    Miller has already made his money. If he likes it here then he'll probably take a big pay cut. Otherwise cut him.

Don't need Tate bc you have Kearse & Baldwin. WR's are a dime a dozen. You can pick one up in the draft if need be. I watched some of Baldwin's videos on YouTube. The guy is far away from home and has been for many years. I could see him going elsewhere.

This team is still in great shape for the long-term, contrary to what most of the experts say. Carroll is a fabulous coach, Schneider has an eye for talent, some guys will take less money and its an attractive spot for free agents.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Miller and Rice can take a hike. Resign Bennett in incentive laden deal. Pay Earl Thomas.

Rinse and repeat in the draft.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gonna hook it up with ya.

Miller and Rice are gone for sure. Miller "does what he's asked" but you can draft a TE in the 6th round to do the same thing for a minimum salary. He was originally signed coming off improved years at the age of 25, so they were definitely expecting him to be a pretty big part of the offense. He hasn't really improved since then and is slow as shit. Re-sign McCoy, draft one, and there's 3 pretty good TE's right there.

Tate is extremely durable. I remember the 2nd Rams game where they bounty gate'd him and he kept getting back up and ended up scoring a touchdown in Janoris Jenkins' face. I would keep that in mind if choosing between him and Baldwin, Baldwin hasn't been the most durable guy.

Otherwise I would just say, re-do the whole O line. Unger is done, Sweezy is still painful to watch and Okung is always hurt. No way I'd give him top dollar. Pretty amazing a superbowl was won with an O line as bad as Seattle's. We would have been completely fucked with a statue QB.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,739
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Disagree with all posts
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Gonna hook it up with ya.

Miller and Rice are gone for sure. Miller "does what he's asked" but you can draft a TE in the 6th round to do the same thing for a minimum salary. He was originally signed coming off improved years at the age of 25, so they were definitely expecting him to be a pretty big part of the offense. He hasn't really improved since then and is slow as shit. Re-sign McCoy, draft one, and there's 3 pretty good TE's right there.

Tate is extremely durable. I remember the 2nd Rams game where they bounty gate'd him and he kept getting back up and ended up scoring a touchdown in Janoris Jenkins' face. I would keep that in mind if choosing between him and Baldwin, Baldwin hasn't been the most durable guy.

Otherwise I would just say, re-do the whole O line. Unger is done, Sweezy is still painful to watch and Okung is always hurt. No way I'd give him top dollar. Pretty amazing a superbowl was won with an O line as bad as Seattle's. We would have been completely fucked with a statue QB.

You can't get rid of your whole OL. The hawks don't have the time or money to do that. Unger was hurt pretty much all year. Give him a year to see if he can bounce back before cutting him. You can't let okung walk either. He played shitty this year, but he was hurt. He's an above average tackle. Sweezy was only in his second year and is dirt cheap. They may let Giacominni go if they feel Bailey or Bowie can handle RT.

They will add a guard early in the draft or in free agency. I've actually been thinking about Incognito. I doubt Pete is worried about him fucking up the locker room (not happening) and he can probably be had for cheap. I think you add a piece here and there with the OL, but you don't bring in all new guys. As mediocre as they are, we won a Super Bowl with them.

I'd be totally fine with Okung/Carpenter/Unger/Bowie/Bailey next year. I thought Bowie and Bailey were pretty damn good when they were actually in.

When is Okung not hurt though? He's going to command top dollar in free agency because he has the reputation of being an elite tackle. I agree he's pretty good and at least average when he's playing hurt, but I just don't think they should pay him over $10 million a year for that kind of performance.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    cut turbin cut sidney "stiff breeze" rice resign brandon browner cause hes a true goon thug (he'll sign for a dub sack and a whizzinator) fuck everyone else
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Anyone think Christine Michael is going to have an impact next year? That dude looked like a beast in preseason and Beast Mode, sadly, seems to be in decline.

Michael in 2009 was named the Big XII Conference Offensive Freshman of the Year by the coaches and the Dallas Morning News. A third-team Freshman All-America pick, he started four of the 12 games he appeared in. His 844 rushing yards rank as the fourth-best season total by an A&M freshman, carrying 166 times (5.08 avg.) with 10 touchdowns, including a school record 97-yard TD vs. Baylor. He added 15 catches and averaged 22.33 yards on nine kickoff returns, finishing with 1,111 all-purpose yards. Michael shared tailback duties with Cyrus Gray in 2010 and led the team with 631 rushing yards and four scores on 126 attempts (5.01 avg.) over the first eight games. In 2011, Michael started six games during the Aggies’ first nine games. He finished second on the team with a career-high 899 rushing yards on 149 attempts (6.03 avg.), including eight TDs. He posted eight catches for 35 yards and one TD. During his senior year, Michael rushed for 417 yards with 12 TDs on 88 carries (4.74 average).

CAREER NOTES
    Started 18 of 40 games at Texas A&M, carrying 529 times for 2,791 yards (5.28 avg.)…His 34 rushing TDs rank 15th among active NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision performers and tied Curtis Dickey (1976-79) for fifth place in school history behind Jorvorskie Lane (49; 2005-08), Darren Lewis (44; 1987-90), Rodney Thomas (41; 1991-94) and George Woodard (35; 1975-77)…Caught 44 passes for 323 yards (7.34 avg.) and one touchdown…His 210 points rank 14th in team annals…Returned 10 kickoffs for 217 yards (21.7 avg.) and touched the ball 583 times, amassing 3,331 all-purpose yards (83.28 per game)…Posted nine 100-yard rushing games during his career and scored multiple rushing TDs in eight contests.

2012 SEASON
    Appeared in 11 games, starting two…Finished third on the team with 417 yards on 88 carries (4.74 avg.), with 12 rushing TDs …Gained 48 rushing yards on eight catches (6.00 avg.) vs. South Carolina State…Amassed 465 all-purpose yards…Scored 72 points…Ran for at least one touchdown in nine contests, including three games with multiple rushing TDs …Posted back-to-back games with a pair of touchdowns – vs. Mississippi State (50 yards on 11 carries) and Alabama (12 runs for 27 yards…Ran for a season-long 40-yard touchdown vs. Louisiana Tech, gaining 65 yards on 12 carries.

2011 SEASON
    Rushed for 899 yards and eight touchdowns on 149 carries (6.03 avg.) in the first nine games of the season, earning six starts…Caught eight passes for 35 yards (4.38 avg.) and a score…Scored 54 points…Collected 934 all-purpose yards (103.78 per game)…Ran for at least 100 yards in four contests, including a career-high 230 yards and three touchdowns on 32 carries vs. Arkansas. His 230-yard performance tied Curtis Dickey (vs. Texas Christian in 1978) for the third-most by an Aggie, topped by only Bob Smith (297 at Southern Methodist in 1950) and Darren Lewis (232 vs. Texas Tech in 1990)…Had a pair of touchdowns and 85 rushing yards on 14 carries vs. Southern Methodist…Recorded 105 rushing yards on 21 attempts with one TD vs. Baylor…Posted 142 rushing yards and one touchdown on 18 carries vs. Iowa State…Recorded his third consecutive 100-yard rushing game and third in four contests, carrying 21 times for 104 yards, vs. Missouri.

2010 SEASON
    Gained 631 rushing yards on 126 carries (5.01 avg.) with four touchdowns in the first eight games (six starts)…Recorded 13 catches for 174 yards (13.38 avg.)…Totaled 821 all-purpose yards (102.63 per game)…Opened the season with three consecutive 100 yard rushing games…Posted 22 carries for 105 yards and a pair of scores while pulling in a 46-yard pass vs. Stephen F. Austin…Rushed 14 times for 107 yards vs. Louisiana Tech…Gained 119 yards with a score on 21 carries vs. Florida International…Totaled 97 rushing yards on 24 attempts vs. Arkansas…Caught four passes for 94 yards and rushed 14 times for 52 yards vs. Missouri.

2009 SEASON
    Named the Big 12 Conference’s Offensive Freshman of the Year by both the coaches and The Dallas Morning News, adding The Oklahoman's Big 12 Freshman of the Year accolades…Selected to College Football News’ Freshman All- America third-team and ESPN.com's Big 12 All-Freshman team...Played in 12 games, starting four contests…Led the team with 844 rushing yards on 166 carries (5.08 avg.) and 10 touchdowns, the fourth-most rushing yards in a season by an A&M freshman...Registered 15 receptions for 66 yards (4.40 avg.) and gained 201 yards on nine kickoff returns (22.33 avg.)…Scored 60 points…Amassed 1,111 all-purpose yards (92.58 per game)…Recorded a pair of 100-yard rushing performances…Made his collegiate debut with 93 rushing yards and a score on 11 carries, nine receiving yards on one catch and 58 kickoff-return yards on three attempts vs. New Mexico…Posted 17 carries for 94 yards, four kickoff returns for 118 yards and two receptions for 27 yards vs. Utah State…Registered his first 100-yard rushing performance with 22
    attempts for 121 yards and two touchdowns vs. Texas Tech…Scored two TDs vs. Baylor, rushing for a school record 97- yard score to finish with 116 yards on 11 carries. He is only the sixth player in school history to record a 90-yard run, topping the previous A&M long of 95 yards by D’Andre Hardeman at Baylor in 1996.

HIGH SCHOOL
    Attended West Brook (Beaumont, Texas) High School, where he was coached by former Texas A&M great, Craig Stump…The three-time All-District selection and two-time District 21-5A MVP was rated the 28th-best running back in the nation by Rivals.com…As a sophomore, he ran for 1,342 yards and 21 touchdowns on 149 carries (9.0 avg.) and also scored once on nine receptions…As a junior, carried 180 times for 1,171 yards (6.6 avg.) and 28 touchdowns…Added 17 catches for 259 yards (15.2 avg.) and four scores in 2008…As a senior, added Super Prep All-America, All-District 21-5A, All-State and Beaumont Enterprise All-Southeast Texas Offensive Player of the Year honors…The National EAS Speed- &-Strength Award winner and Austin American-Statesman Texas Fab 55 choice was a starter and captain at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl…During his final season, which was cut short due to the result of storm damage from Hurricane Ike, appeared in nine games, amassing a career-high 1,412 rushing yards and 25 touchdowns on 172 attempts (8.2 avg.) 22 receptions for 212 yards and a score.

CAREER STATS
    SEASON TEAM GAMES RUSHING RECEIVING FUMBLES
    G GS ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LONG TD FUM LOST
    TOTAL 18 79 -- 13 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    2013 SEA 4 0 18 79 4.4 13 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    RECENT GAMES
    WK OPP RESULT RUSHING RECEIVING FUMBLES
    ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LOST
    17 STL W 27-9 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    16 ARI L 10-17 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    15 @NYG W 23-0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    14 @SF L 17-19 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    13 NO W 34-7 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    11 MIN W 41-20 1 9 9.0 9 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    10 @ATL W 33-10 8 33 4.1 13 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    9 TB W 27-24 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    8 @STL W 14-9 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    7 @ARI W 34-22 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    6 TEN W 20-13 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    5 @IND L 28-34 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    4 @HOU W 23-20 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    3 JAC W 45-17 9 37 4.1 11 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    2 SF W 29-3 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    1 @CAR W 12-7 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Anyone think Christine Michael is going to have an impact next year? That dude looked like a beast in preseason and Beast Mode, sadly, seems to be in decline.

Michael in 2009 was named the Big XII Conference Offensive Freshman of the Year by the coaches and the Dallas Morning News. A third-team Freshman All-America pick, he started four of the 12 games he appeared in. His 844 rushing yards rank as the fourth-best season total by an A&M freshman, carrying 166 times (5.08 avg.) with 10 touchdowns, including a school record 97-yard TD vs. Baylor. He added 15 catches and averaged 22.33 yards on nine kickoff returns, finishing with 1,111 all-purpose yards. Michael shared tailback duties with Cyrus Gray in 2010 and led the team with 631 rushing yards and four scores on 126 attempts (5.01 avg.) over the first eight games. In 2011, Michael started six games during the Aggies’ first nine games. He finished second on the team with a career-high 899 rushing yards on 149 attempts (6.03 avg.), including eight TDs. He posted eight catches for 35 yards and one TD. During his senior year, Michael rushed for 417 yards with 12 TDs on 88 carries (4.74 average).

CAREER NOTES
    Started 18 of 40 games at Texas A&M, carrying 529 times for 2,791 yards (5.28 avg.)…His 34 rushing TDs rank 15th among active NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision performers and tied Curtis Dickey (1976-79) for fifth place in school history behind Jorvorskie Lane (49; 2005-08), Darren Lewis (44; 1987-90), Rodney Thomas (41; 1991-94) and George Woodard (35; 1975-77)…Caught 44 passes for 323 yards (7.34 avg.) and one touchdown…His 210 points rank 14th in team annals…Returned 10 kickoffs for 217 yards (21.7 avg.) and touched the ball 583 times, amassing 3,331 all-purpose yards (83.28 per game)…Posted nine 100-yard rushing games during his career and scored multiple rushing TDs in eight contests.

2012 SEASON
    Appeared in 11 games, starting two…Finished third on the team with 417 yards on 88 carries (4.74 avg.), with 12 rushing TDs …Gained 48 rushing yards on eight catches (6.00 avg.) vs. South Carolina State…Amassed 465 all-purpose yards…Scored 72 points…Ran for at least one touchdown in nine contests, including three games with multiple rushing TDs …Posted back-to-back games with a pair of touchdowns – vs. Mississippi State (50 yards on 11 carries) and Alabama (12 runs for 27 yards…Ran for a season-long 40-yard touchdown vs. Louisiana Tech, gaining 65 yards on 12 carries.

2011 SEASON
    Rushed for 899 yards and eight touchdowns on 149 carries (6.03 avg.) in the first nine games of the season, earning six starts…Caught eight passes for 35 yards (4.38 avg.) and a score…Scored 54 points…Collected 934 all-purpose yards (103.78 per game)…Ran for at least 100 yards in four contests, including a career-high 230 yards and three touchdowns on 32 carries vs. Arkansas. His 230-yard performance tied Curtis Dickey (vs. Texas Christian in 1978) for the third-most by an Aggie, topped by only Bob Smith (297 at Southern Methodist in 1950) and Darren Lewis (232 vs. Texas Tech in 1990)…Had a pair of touchdowns and 85 rushing yards on 14 carries vs. Southern Methodist…Recorded 105 rushing yards on 21 attempts with one TD vs. Baylor…Posted 142 rushing yards and one touchdown on 18 carries vs. Iowa State…Recorded his third consecutive 100-yard rushing game and third in four contests, carrying 21 times for 104 yards, vs. Missouri.

2010 SEASON
    Gained 631 rushing yards on 126 carries (5.01 avg.) with four touchdowns in the first eight games (six starts)…Recorded 13 catches for 174 yards (13.38 avg.)…Totaled 821 all-purpose yards (102.63 per game)…Opened the season with three consecutive 100 yard rushing games…Posted 22 carries for 105 yards and a pair of scores while pulling in a 46-yard pass vs. Stephen F. Austin…Rushed 14 times for 107 yards vs. Louisiana Tech…Gained 119 yards with a score on 21 carries vs. Florida International…Totaled 97 rushing yards on 24 attempts vs. Arkansas…Caught four passes for 94 yards and rushed 14 times for 52 yards vs. Missouri.

2009 SEASON
    Named the Big 12 Conference’s Offensive Freshman of the Year by both the coaches and The Dallas Morning News, adding The Oklahoman's Big 12 Freshman of the Year accolades…Selected to College Football News’ Freshman All- America third-team and ESPN.com's Big 12 All-Freshman team...Played in 12 games, starting four contests…Led the team with 844 rushing yards on 166 carries (5.08 avg.) and 10 touchdowns, the fourth-most rushing yards in a season by an A&M freshman...Registered 15 receptions for 66 yards (4.40 avg.) and gained 201 yards on nine kickoff returns (22.33 avg.)…Scored 60 points…Amassed 1,111 all-purpose yards (92.58 per game)…Recorded a pair of 100-yard rushing performances…Made his collegiate debut with 93 rushing yards and a score on 11 carries, nine receiving yards on one catch and 58 kickoff-return yards on three attempts vs. New Mexico…Posted 17 carries for 94 yards, four kickoff returns for 118 yards and two receptions for 27 yards vs. Utah State…Registered his first 100-yard rushing performance with 22
    attempts for 121 yards and two touchdowns vs. Texas Tech…Scored two TDs vs. Baylor, rushing for a school record 97- yard score to finish with 116 yards on 11 carries. He is only the sixth player in school history to record a 90-yard run, topping the previous A&M long of 95 yards by D’Andre Hardeman at Baylor in 1996.

HIGH SCHOOL
    Attended West Brook (Beaumont, Texas) High School, where he was coached by former Texas A&M great, Craig Stump…The three-time All-District selection and two-time District 21-5A MVP was rated the 28th-best running back in the nation by Rivals.com…As a sophomore, he ran for 1,342 yards and 21 touchdowns on 149 carries (9.0 avg.) and also scored once on nine receptions…As a junior, carried 180 times for 1,171 yards (6.6 avg.) and 28 touchdowns…Added 17 catches for 259 yards (15.2 avg.) and four scores in 2008…As a senior, added Super Prep All-America, All-District 21-5A, All-State and Beaumont Enterprise All-Southeast Texas Offensive Player of the Year honors…The National EAS Speed- &-Strength Award winner and Austin American-Statesman Texas Fab 55 choice was a starter and captain at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl…During his final season, which was cut short due to the result of storm damage from Hurricane Ike, appeared in nine games, amassing a career-high 1,412 rushing yards and 25 touchdowns on 172 attempts (8.2 avg.) 22 receptions for 212 yards and a score.

CAREER STATS
    SEASON TEAM GAMES RUSHING RECEIVING FUMBLES
    G GS ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LONG TD FUM LOST
    TOTAL 18 79 -- 13 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    2013 SEA 4 0 18 79 4.4 13 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    RECENT GAMES
    WK OPP RESULT RUSHING RECEIVING FUMBLES
    ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LOST
    17 STL W 27-9 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    16 ARI L 10-17 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    15 @NYG W 23-0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    14 @SF L 17-19 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    13 NO W 34-7 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    11 MIN W 41-20 1 9 9.0 9 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    10 @ATL W 33-10 8 33 4.1 13 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    9 TB W 27-24 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    8 @STL W 14-9 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    7 @ARI W 34-22 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    6 TEN W 20-13 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    5 @IND L 28-34 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    4 @HOU W 23-20 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    3 JAC W 45-17 9 37 4.1 11 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    2 SF W 29-3 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    1 @CAR W 12-7 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

yes
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

disagree.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Resign Bennet which likely means Clem is gone
    Need to upgrade Guards
    Get an outside WR that can beat 1 on 1 coverage more often than the midgets we have now
    Figure out who the 3rd Corner is
    Safety Depth

That being said these issues are small in comparison to what other contenders are dealing with.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,739
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can't expect to overcome the cover jinx