Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mike Pawlawski: This is What The Pac-12 Needs To Do If They Want To Play With The Big Boys

Comments

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,197
    who the fuck is mike pawlawski?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,606 Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

Pretty sure he was the QB from Cal in 1991.

• dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,368
    One of my dad's said he had a cannon for an arm...true?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,603 Swaye's Wigwam
    Didn't watch but I'm assuming it's something like "Give SC/Oregon a cake conference schedule. Only schedule 8 conference games. Don't let either of those teams travel for high profile OOC games...." and a bunch of other stuff that "big boy" conferences shouldn't be doing in the first place.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,010
    I liked his piece but there were several points that seemed a little off. Like, Washington is spending more $$ and that's why they're winning. Were they spending substantially more just before Petersen? Isn't the real reason Washington was winning was because of the coach they hired? Same with Oregon under Kelly? Sure, there is some translation to $$ on that one point, but he didn't really make the connection clear.

So, take the money out of the conference and allocate it to the schools. Ok, Mike. Sounds plausible. Now connect the dots. How so?

This should have gone on the Finance board IMO. I have the guys who can do the economis analysis on this and give you some answers.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,603 Swaye's Wigwam

I liked his piece but there were several points that seemed a little off. Like, Washington is spending more $$ and that's why they're winning. Were they spending substantially more just before Petersen? Isn't the real reason Washington was winning was because of the coach they hired? Same with Oregon under Kelly? Sure, there is some translation to $$ on that one point, but he didn't really make the connection clear.

So, take the money out of the conference and allocate it to the schools. Ok, Mike. Sounds plausible. Now connect the dots. How so?

This should have gone on the Finance board IMO. I have the guys who can do the economis analysis on this and give you some answers.

Yeah that's where he lost me too. I get that the Pac 12 Network and a bunch of related things are sucking up dollars whereas in the other power 5's they don't have that problem.

But there's still the issue that BitchFork brought up, in that if you allocate more money to the schools, are they actually going to put it directly into football to subsidize other sports, or are they just doing to be dumb shits and spread it among all the sports in the first place?

There's a culture problem with Pac 12 leadership that still needs to be addressed. All of the schools that matter need AD's with the right perspective.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    How much tim does DJ (ILTCHDJ, IWILTD) spend on YouTube?
  • TommySQC said:

Pretty sure he was the QB from Cal in 1991.
    He also played semi-pro for the Miami Hooters.