Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

this day in music February 9

1942 - Carole King
Carole King, US singer, songwriter who wrote many songs with Gerry Goffin including the 1962 UK No.3 & US No.22 single, 'It Might As Well Rain Until September'. Her 1970 US No.1 album 'Tapestry' has sold over 15 million copies and became a Grammy award winner in 71.

1951 - Dennis Thomas
Dennis Thomas, singer with Kool & The Gang who had the 1981 US No.1 & UK No.7 single 'Celebration', and the 1984 UK No.2 single 'Joanna' plus over 15 other Top 40 hits.

1959 - George Jones
Mercury Records released 'White Lightning' by George Jones, which became the first No.1 single of his career. In his 1997 autobiography, I Lived To Tell It All, Jones mentions the fact that the recording process of 'White Lightning' was extremely lengthy after he arrived for the recording session under the influence of a great deal of alcohol and it took him approximately 80 takes just to record his vocals.

2009 - Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant took home five prizes for his collaboration with bluegrass singer Alison Krauss at this year's Grammy Awards held in Los Angeles. The duo won album of the year for Raising Sand and record of the year for ‘Please Read The Letter.’

2015 - Bob Dylan
Bob Dylan turned the tables on his critics during a 30-minute speech, at the Musicares charity gala honouring his career. The 73-year-old, who rarely talks about his work, asked why critics complained he "can't sing" and sounds "like a frog" but do not "say that about Tom Waits?" The singer added, "Critics say my voice is shot, that I have no voice. Why don't they say those things about Leonard Cohen? Why do I get special treatment?"