Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Portnoy calls for people to be jailed over hedge fund scandal in scathing interview

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,143
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited January 2021 in Tug Tavern

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,899
    Bill Ackman is a cockmunch.

Andrew Ross Sorkin is a fucking cunt. Conflicted because the Throbber loves Billions. But Sorkin is a cunty cunty.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Sorry Dave, you’re fucked. Nothing will come of this. SEC doesn’t care. Do you think Yellen’s DC home worth millions paid for itself?
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,258
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    The ugly hag Yellen has a vagina so shut up
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,186
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I like Portnoy’s pizza reviews
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    A couple of thoughts:

1. This is great. Tucker is great. I like him when he's not being defensive and whinny. When he is I hate him. He's peak Tucker on this one.

2. The bit about racism and occupy and all of that was an indulgent frolic and detour. Yeah, I get it, but this story stands on its own without all that shit. This is about big money and its influence.

3. Guy made a good point: retail investors are not coming back to that platform. He fucking blew up his company and had to know it. Must be a promise in there for him somehow.

This board is particularly adept at discussing this topic.

Go!
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I like portnoy, personally...but he should watch out. The quality of people who work for him is....to put it nicely, questionable. When his barstool fund eventually gets audited, he is going to be in deep shit. And not from any wrong doing on his part. But the blame will fall on his head
  • Options

A couple of thoughts:

1. This is great. Tucker is great. I like him when he's not being defensive and whinny. When he is I hate him. He's peak Tucker on this one.

2. The bit about racism and occupy and all of that was an indulgent frolic and detour. Yeah, I get it, but this story stands on its own without all that shit. This is about big money and its influence.

3. Guy made a good point: retail investors are not coming back to that platform. He fucking blew up his company and had to know it. Must be a promise in there for him somehow.

This board is particularly adept at discussing this topic.

Go!

Out of the ashes springs opportunity.

I see Kevin O'Leary seizing as being the white knight here. Wouldn't surprise me if maybe he and Cuban team up for a re-set of RobinHood. Cuban fucking hates the SEC and it wouldn't surprise me if he Trumps and runs for POTUS someday. That said, Jake Browning still sucks and somebody is going to step into the void as the bro-trade online broker of choice.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2021
    Portnoy is the man

This guy has a segment where he picks stocks based on drawing scrabble pieces
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter

Disagree, I thought it was worth noting that the platform went after the Redditt users for engaging in "hate speech" given how that same justification is now commonly used to shutdown all kinds of views and opinions. It wasn't the focus of the piece but it definitely deserved to be mentioned.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,120
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

Disagree, I thought it was worth noting that the platform went after the Redditt users for engaging in "hate speech" given how that same justification is now commonly used to shutdown all kinds of views and opinions. It wasn't the focus of the piece but it definitely deserved to be mentioned.

Identity politics is how you break a populous movement

It’s their strategy, Biden ran his whole campaign on it
  • Options

SFGbob said:

He's so fucking stupid - if he kept running the AAARGH.MEAN.ORANGE man angle for another six months and done absolutely nothing, the sheeple would be all in forever.

Instead, the dumb motherfucker walks into office and starts big dicking it. The fracking lie would have been out of everybody's head in nine months. The pipeline/Canada/kill jobs thing - Trump didn't do that, Biden did that.

Instead he just alienated those 'swing' voters in PA.

Perhaps the powers that be are just plotting his demise. But throwing hail mary's on first down is so Quid Pro Quo Joe.

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,120
    Founders Club
    The panic is quite weird, not sure what he’s so worried about
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Agree. They used it to discredit the Tea Party movement.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

I"m going to use my mind-reader powers and posit that you think it was worth noting because that is a popular topic for you. My point was that it wasn't the focus of the piece, and IMO a frolic and detour for political indulgence. The story stands completely on its own; the best evidence of that is the several independent threads on this forum that have discussed it with great fervor w/o bringing it up. It's just not important. What is important is that they lost their trading platform for a critical period of time and had their positions closed.

That said, Stalin closed the thread. I (think) I'm able to add to it presumably because of my great new powers, which I won't have for long if I use it to post on closed threads.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2021

SFGbob said:

I"m going to use my mind-reader powers and posit that you think it was worth noting because that is a popular topic for you. My point was that it wasn't the focus of the piece, and IMO a frolic and detour for political indulgence. The story stands completely on its own; the best evidence of that is the several independent threads on this forum that have discussed it with great fervor w/o bringing it up. It's just not important. What is important is that they lost their trading platform for a critical period of time and had their positions closed.

That said, Stalin closed the thread. I (think) I'm able to add to it presumably because of my great new powers, which I won't have for long if I use it to post on closed threads.
    Yes, yes, using the accusation of engaging in "hate speech" in order to shut down the voices of people who you disagree with politically is just a niche topic really of no interest to anyone but me.

Of course the story stands on its own. But it's worth noting the tacit people were using in order to shut down the Redditt Board was that they were engaging in "hate speech." It's the same bullshit the left uses to shut down all kinds of speech they don't like. Some of us are able to entertain more than one thought at a time.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    The only way Biden’s DOJ would prosecute Robinhood is if that Vlad guy who is CEO texted memes to people telling them to vote via text.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

The only way Biden’s DOJ would prosecute Robinhood is if that Vlad guy who is CEO texted memes to people telling them to vote via text.

Robinhood apparently wasn’t the culprit. DTCC shut it down.

And since DTCC/Cede are private monopolies owned by Wall Street, ain’t shit gonna happen.

Fuckery.

• Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Yes, yes, using the accusation of engaging in "hate speech" in order to shut down the voices of people who you disagree with politically is just a niche topic really of no interest to anyone but me.

Of course the story stands on its own. But it's worth noting the tacit people were using in order to shut down the Redditt Board was that they were engaging in "hate speech." It's the same bullshit the left uses to shut down all kinds of speech they don't like. Some of us are able to entertain more than one thought at a time.
    A couple of points of clarification, since you don't seem to be your usual surgical self:

- If only there were another forum to focus on this side-story.

- Whether it's worth noting or not is a matter of opinion. I shared mine. You shared yours. As for the board, I'd have left it; but this is Stalin's real estate; not mine.

- I didn't say it was of no interest to anybody but you. Maybe you were talking to someone else.
  • Options

Robinhood apparently wasn’t the culprit. DTCC shut it down.

And since DTCC/Cede are private monopolies owned by Wall Street, ain’t shit gonna happen.

Fuckery.

God isn't that the truth.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

A couple of points of clarification, since you don't seem to be your usual surgical self:

- If only there were another forum to focus on this side-story.

- Whether it's worth noting or not is a matter of opinion. I shared mine. You shared yours. As for the board, I'd have left it; but this is Stalin's real estate; not mine.

- I didn't say it was of no interest to anybody but you. Maybe you were talking to someone else.
    I"m going to use my mind-reader powers and posit that you think it was worth noting because that is a popular topic for you.

You need to do a better job keeping track of the bullshit that leaves your own mouth Coug.