Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My local school district

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
Was wondering if this experience is shared by anyone else out there. Schools haven't been doing in person learning since last March. Distance "learning" has been a complete disaster. Very little if any "learning" is going on. Local school district appears to have been turned into a community food distribution program. The amount of emails and phone calls we get from the district announcing where and when you can come pick up your "free" box of food is staggering. There appears to be no impetus on the part of the school district to return to in person schooling. Teachers all still drawing full paychecks, and best I can tell from monitoring my kids on-line "learning" most of them have completely checked out. Classes are routinely cancelled and or substitutes leading the classes all the time. Attendance for these classes is practically nonexistent. Son's sophomore English class had 5 kids attending the Zoom class yesterday in what would normally be 25 plus class room.

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,581
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My young kids (k and 3rd) are attending two days of school a week. It’s Arlington and we are tougher than most I guess. It’s shocking the gains that are made with even two days a week in person. Night and day.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Agree, it's terrible. My kids are really, really struggling with it.

Interestingly, there's a Facebook parents group (mostly Karen-mommies) for our district. The knives came out yesterday for Inslee, how dare he, etc. I enjoyed a new group of people angry at him.

Fine Young Cannibals.

Open it up -the kids ain't getting any deader than they already weren't from COVID. Except if they stay at home and kill themselves.

Fuck you, Jay Inslee, you motherfucking child killer.

Dazzler says there is no causation between the two.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,262
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Agree, it's terrible. My kids are really, really struggling with it.

Interestingly, there's a Facebook parents group (mostly Karen-mommies) for our district. The knives came out yesterday for Inslee, how dare he, etc. I enjoyed a new group of people angry at him.

Fine Young Cannibals.

Open it up -the kids ain't getting any deader than they already weren't from COVID. Except if they stay at home and kill themselves.

Fuck you, Jay Inslee, you motherfucking child killer.

Dazzler says there is no causation between the two.
    Fuck Hfag