Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What just happened 2.0?

BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
edited January 2021 in Payton's Place
CALL ME A DOOG.

Jamal Bay with his best game as a Dawg by far. 10 of 11 for 28 points. 4-4 from 3.

Guards are playing great ball.

Still cant rebound.

Big men still suck.

But they've found a little something and are playing confident ball.

Comments

• Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021
    When you shoot 50% from 3 point range you will be in every game.

They have shot around 50% last three games and are 2-1.

Teams will adapt and extend. The good need is Bey has shown ability to drive to hoop and has size to finish where Stevenson often has trouble.

It’s great they won but let’s be real.....they need to shoot lights out just to compete. Past teams would win by 20 if they shot 50% from three. Right now it just keeps us close
  • Options

When you shoot 50% from 3 point range you will be in every game.

They have shot around 50% last three games and are 2-1.

Teams will adapt and extend. The good need is Bey has shown ability to drive to hoop and has size to finish where Stevenson often has trouble.

It’s great they won but let’s be real.....they need to okay lights out just to compete. Past teams would win by 20 if they shot 50% from three. Right now it just keeps us close

I mean yeah.

But you can't discount the fact that the team appears far more confident and the shooting reflects that. I've never seen Bay look like he has the semblance of what he's doing on the offensive side of the court. Stevenson looks like a different ball player compared to when the year started.

Their real issue is rebounding... they give the other team 10+ free possessions a game.

It's just a shame they can't get anything out of their big men.
  • Options
    Fully agree on confidence. They have a good backcourt in Bey,Stevenson and Green.

Marcus and Battle can be instant O off the bench.

But that’s 5 guards.

You literally have no offense inside 15 feet

I’m not sure I have ever seen a team like this.

I do like how they push ball and run and gun. When they play with confidence it’s definitely fun to watch.

Credit where credit is due. They have looked much better the last 6 games outside of USC game
  • Options

Fully agree on confidence. They have a good backcourt in Bey,Stevenson and Green.

Marcus and Battle can be instant O off the bench.

But that’s 5 guards.

You literally have no offense inside 15 feet

I’m not sure I have ever seen a team like this.

I do like how they push ball and run and gun. When they play with confidence it’s definitely fun to watch.

Credit where credit is due. They have looked much better the last 6 games outside of USC game

Yeah it's a shame.

I'd be looking for Hop to land a serious big man via transfer.

The recruit out of Olympia looks like a solid PF/C that they're bringing in... but he's on the skinny side and he likes to play the perimeter as well. They need someone who can bang and finish on the block.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    You are a doog
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,474
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Let’s just put it this way ...

This is a team that could have folded and punted on the season ... they haven’t

Good on them for continuing to battle and keep their historically bad coach employed here

• Options
    HireBRoyHireBRoy Member Posts: 77
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I thought we were tanking for Paolo
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    With a new coach and hitting the transfer market we could be pretty good next year. It won’t happen without getting rid of Hop tho. Hop can’t recruit.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,821
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HireBRoy said:

I thought we were tanking for Paolo

Hop forgot to hit send on the memo that Paolo is going elsewhere

Stuck in his draft folder.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

With a new coach and hitting the transfer market we could be pretty good next year. It won’t happen without getting rid of Hop tho. Hop can’t recruit.

I'm curious to see if PJ Fuller transfers back to UW.

He's only averaging 5.2 a game as a Sophomore and UW is gonna need another PG when Quade leaves.

I just don't get why the guys he recruits struggle so much... Jamal Bey, Bryan Penn Johnson, Raequan Battle, Hamier Wright... Cole Bajema, J'Raan Brooks (despite being transfers)... these guys were not lightly recruited and they're all just sorta weak.

I always thought his big miss was CJ Elleby... even Noah Williams was a big miss. But even then, how can guys that are so highly rated and show out on every tape I've ever seen of them come to UW and become mental midgets the second they get there.

I mean Bey was saying "I lost my confidence..." Oh really? Why on earth would you admit that? Makes you look soft as hell.

I do like the kid they're bringing in out of Olympia though... he needs to add some weight but he's a very skilled big man.
  • Options
    I laughed at Beys comments regarding confidence

You can’t lose something you never had

It is nice to see him more aggressive these last 4-5 games. Hopefully it will be sustained growth.

Qpon popped his cherry about halfway through his junior year. Now Qpon was obviously much better offensively but hope Bey can continue his recent success the way Qpon did