Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA topshot

ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
Is this the biggest pump and dump of all time? I genuinely don’t get it. The first thing I’ve come across that’s made me feel old (if it’s not a massive pump and dump).

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,831
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Take this hot pump and dump talk to the Wam where we can post pics...

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Can someone explain why I can't just do this using the internet? Is there value for me in having the NBA license "a moment"? Don't I just want to watch it? Do I need them for this?

Is this bitcoin again?
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I love all the doomsday economists who predict how fucked we are from Corona when people are buying shit like NBA "moments" and Pokemon cards with the money they so desperately need.
  • Options

I love all the doomsday economists who predict how fucked we are from Corona when people are buying shit like NBA "moments" and Pokemon cards with the money they so desperately need.

To be fair, the only people I know seriously buying topshot are the DFS people I follow. They all have a similar path over the last 10-15 years.

Win money in online poker
    Invest in crypto
    Sell for massive profit, get into dfs in early days and win big

Now they bounce around from these random markets like topshot, get in early, drive the price up, get out. Some of these guys legit made hundreds of millions from btc so it’s just play money to them I guess.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,487
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Can someone explain why I can't just do this using the internet? Is there value for me in having the NBA license "a moment"? Don't I just want to watch it? Do I need them for this?

Is this bitcoin again?

I have the same question. Do I get royalties each time my "moment" is viewed by someone on the internet? I don't understand why someone would pay $7,700 for a Tyler Herro layup highlight.
  • Options

Is this bitcoin again?

I have the same question. Do I get royalties each time my "moment" is viewed by someone on the internet? I don't understand why someone would pay $7,700 for a Tyler Herro layup highlight.
    It is fucking insane. No you don’t get royalties. A ja morant dunk went for 75k the other day.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    ntxduck said:

Is this bitcoin again?

It is fucking insane. No you don’t get royalties. A ja morant dunk went for 75k the other day.
    Then it doesn't sound like I own it.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    I half wonder if this isn’t the NBA trying to prop up their shitty product the same way Fantasy Football drives the NFL.

Nobody gives a shit about the NBA, much less some licensing highlight of it.