Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Flirting with revolution

HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,354
edited January 2021 in Tug Tavern
https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/01/the-trump-presidencys-inevitable-wretched-end/

The Trump presidency began in shame and dishonesty. It ends in shame, dishonesty, cowardice, and rebellion against the Constitution. For the past few weeks, the right-wing media, including the big talk-radio shows, has been coyly calling for a revolution. Of course they never thought they’d actually get one: That kind of talk is good for business — keep the rubes riled up and they won’t change the channel when the commercials come around on the half-hour. I never had much hope for the likes of Sean Hannity, tragically born too late to be a 1970s game-show host, but to watch Senator Ted Cruz descend into this kind of dangerous demagoguery as he jockeys to get out in front of the Trump parade as its new grand marshal has induced despair.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/01/the-trump-presidencys-inevitable-wretched-end/

The Trump presidency began in shame and dishonesty. It ends in shame, dishonesty, cowardice, and rebellion against the Constitution. For the past few weeks, the right-wing media, including the big talk-radio shows, has been coyly calling for a revolution. Of course they never thought they’d actually get one: That kind of talk is good for business — keep the rubes riled up and they won’t change the channel when the commercials come around on the half-hour. I never had much hope for the likes of Sean Hannity, tragically born too late to be a 1970s game-show host, but to watch Senator Ted Cruz descend into this kind of dangerous demagoguery as he jockeys to get out in front of the Trump parade as its new grand marshal has induced despair.

NOC
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,354
    edited January 2021
    Perhaps our best bored example of how populism appeals to the (very) common man weighs in.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    All 3 Houses

Mandate

Leaders lead

What’s next?
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,354
    doogie said:

All 3 Houses

Mandate

Leaders lead

What’s next?

Not

really

responsive

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    Looked like the Summer of Love to me.
    doogie said:

All 3 Houses

Mandate

Leaders lead

What’s next?

Cmon man. Lead us H. What's the plan?
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942

doogie said:

All 3 Houses

Mandate

Leaders lead

What’s next?

Cmon man. Lead us H. What's the plan?
    The first thing we need to do is stop using bigoted words like "mandate."
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,332 Swaye's Wigwam
    At this point people are going to justify anything

Just GTFO
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    Oh please, no one cares what NR has to say. There’s no room for NR in Trump’s Republican Party. Hayek, Kirk and Buckley are dinosaurs. It’s all Gateway Pundit and Dinesh D’Souze now. If you’re not willing to tell the rubes exactly what they want to hear you can get the fuck out!

Oh please, no one cares what NR has to say. There’s no room for NR in Trump’s Republican Party. Hayek, Kirk and Buckley are dinosaurs. It’s all Gateway Pundit and Dinesh D’Souze now. If you’re not willing to tell the rubes exactly what they want to hear you can get the fuck out!

The democrats are in charge now

What do you see happening in the first 90 days?
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,162
    doogie said:

All 3 Houses

Mandate

Leaders lead

What’s next?

I'll take a stab since my predictions are fucking gold around here.

Shit won't get done outside of budget reconciliation packages and nominations, there will be a red wave in '22, and both the left and right will be pissed off come '24 when once again nothing of substance has been done. Lather, rinse, repeat.

doogie said:

All 3 Houses

Mandate

Leaders lead

What’s next?

I'll take a stab since my predictions are fucking gold around here.

Shit won't get done outside of budget reconciliation packages and nominations, there will be a red wave in '22, and both the left and right will be pissed off come '24 when once again nothing of substance has been done. Lather, rinse, repeat.
    No fair giving away the answer
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    edited January 2021
    What is there to justify? Inauguration is all set for January 20th, prep teams are all officially green lighted to work diligently for transfer and a friendly, willing Congress awaits President Biden when he awakes January 21st.

I once supported Donald Trump to do what’s best for me. I’m still here so, something worked. Your view of Trump is probably written. History’s view will be debated for eternity.

Now, as we do in the US, we fall into line and do as we’re told.

I’m on #TeamJoe

How about where we’re headed?

How about where we are going?

What’s the Plan for the virus? For the currency? For the future? How do you see the United States fitting in to a F-150-less world? What role will China play? Russia?

Tell us Joe, I’m ready!
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,069 Standard Supporter
    Stupid is knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies. There is a shitload of stupid right now.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited January 2021
    doogie said:

All 3 Houses

Mandate

Leaders lead

What’s next?

Important stuff like impeaching a guy who will be living in Florida in less than two weeks. Covid relief Shmovid relief. The peasants can struggle while the castle is purged of Trump.

Unity!