Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

California, the state that did it right extends lockdown order for 3 more weeks.

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
edited December 2020 in Tug Tavern
If lock downs worked why is California now extending the already existing lockdown, and still experiencing their highest rates of infection? What exactly is the "science" at work here?

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,297
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Going to actually be close to recall this tim around. Hope you signed and are getting others to.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Bob you clearly don’t get it ...

If you think the numbers are bad now just imagine how bad they would be without these lockdowns
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I love getting FUCK OFF’s for a sarcastic response
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,841
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

I hesitated but thought you might be serious so out of an abundance of caution I hit the fuck off
    I laffed like an idiot hyena.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Riverside County is no longer taking part in the charade. Lot of open defiance and the sheriff said don't call me
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933

Fuck you Gavin, but honestly, the only change that I’ve noticed in the last three weeks of the “stay at home order” is that restaurants haven’t been able to serve people outside (except the few that are defying the order)*.

Also, in North OC at least, I don’t see anyone not wearing a mask in stores — every single person that I see in the grocery store has a mask on. Not sure where the Karen’s are seeing people without masks, but it isn’t here.

It’s almost as if “stay at home” orders and wearing a mask don’t stop what a virus is going to do. I wear a mask when in a store, but it’s clear that high mask wearing compliance isn’t helping either.

Open up. It’s only making it overall situation worse, Gavin. The olds (like my parents) can, should, and are — staying home as much as they can to protect themselves.

* I guess I haven’t had to get my hair cut since the new “stay at home” order, so that would be a pain in the ass. My wife’s hair dresser has been “speakeasy open” since June, so maybe I can find a barber that’s doing the same.

Flowbee mom has a solid rack.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What's a barber?

• Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Riverside County is no longer taking part in the charade. Lot of open defiance and the sheriff said don't call me

Ts and Ps for the local crime beat
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,064
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Nothing better than the hot steamed towel over the mask over at sport clips.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933
    Bob_C said:

Nothing better than the hot steamed towel over the mask over at sport clips.

I vote for stylists with big boobs....

But that's just me.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter

Fuck you Gavin, but honestly, the only change that I’ve noticed in the last three weeks of the “stay at home order” is that restaurants haven’t been able to serve people outside (except the few that are defying the order)*.

Also, in North OC at least, I don’t see anyone not wearing a mask in stores — every single person that I see in the grocery store has a mask on. Not sure where the Karen’s are seeing people without masks, but it isn’t here.

It’s almost as if “stay at home” orders and wearing a mask don’t stop what a virus is going to do. I wear a mask when in a store, but it’s clear that high mask wearing compliance isn’t helping either.

Open up. It’s only making it overall situation worse, Gavin. The olds (like my parents) can, should, and are — staying home as much as they can to protect themselves.

* I guess I haven’t had to get my hair cut since the new “stay at home” order, so that would be a pain in the ass. My wife’s hair dresser has been “speakeasy open” since June, so maybe I can find a barber that’s doing the same.

Flowbee mom has a solid rack.

How do you know it's his mom?
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Bob you clearly don’t get it ...

If you think the numbers are bad now just imagine how bad they would be without these lockdowns

• Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

I hesitated but thought you might be serious so out of an abundance of caution I hit the fuck off
    Funniest thing I’ve read here in a long time and so true.