Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,538 Swaye's Wigwam
    LOL 11 cuogs?

Jesus, wtf.

they looked like Arizona in parts this year.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

LOL 11 cuogs?

Jesus, wtf.

2 were 2nd Team (OL and P) and 9 were honorable mentions.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112

haie said:

LOL 11 cuogs?

Jesus, wtf.

Yeah, have they always done honorable mentions like this where they put the team name and just start listing half the team?
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,308

Setting aside the fact that his team embarrassed us 2 years in a row, can we take a minute to reflect on the fact that Fozzy, in his 4th year, did not even make honorable mention all pac-12 at guard. Meanwhile the guy we settled on after Fozzy turned us down is 1st team left tackle.

Best OL in the state! Strausser vindicated at last
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    edited December 2020
    First off, the sponsor of these awards is something called Nextiva. My original thought was that it’s the yogurt that makes Jamie Lee Curtis poop, which seemed apropos, but it might be a tech thing. Good job wasting your money, lady poop yogurt or techbros. Who is going to buy your product because they remembered Karl Dorrell was the Nextiva coach of the year?

The Colorado LB who led the conference in TFL with 14 (second was 10), finished fourth in sacks, chipped in an INT and 4 passes deflected was honorable mention. Two LBs who COMBINED for fewer TFL and solo tackles than him made first and second team.

The second team QB was Sam Noyer. He was 8th in the conference in passer rating, averaged 200 yards passing and 38 yards rushing, threw 6 TDs with 5 INTs. Solid 58% completion rate.

Second team kicker, Stanford’s Ricoh Printer-Scanner, was 7/11 on FGs - good for 64% and 11th in the conference.

A WR with 10 catches, 90 yards, 2 TDs and two lost fumbles made honorable mention. A TE with 80 yards and 1 TD was honorable mention. Oregon’s center was a truck bed magnet and still made second team. They should send a delegation to forfeit their prestigious award. It would be the honorable mention thing to do.

This conference sucks. Having coaches vote for this shit is stupid. Unless they make the votes public. Like the coaches poll, where Dabo voted Ohio State six spots lower than any other voter. And even then it’s stupid
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,527 Swaye's Wigwam

First off, the sponsor of these awards is something called Nextiva. My original thought was that it’s the yogurt that makes Jamie Lee Curtis poop, which seemed apropos, but it might be a tech thing. Good job wasting your money, lady poop yogurt or techbros. Who is going to buy your product because they remembered Karl Dorrell was the Nextiva coach of the year?

The Colorado LB who led the conference in TFL with 14 (second was 10), finished fourth in sacks, chipped in an INT and 4 passes deflected was honorable mention. Two LBs who COMBINED for fewer TFL and solo tackles than him made first and second team.

The second team QB was Sam Noyer. He was 8th in the conference in passer rating, averaged 200 yards passing and 38 yards rushing, threw 6 TDs with 5 INTs. Solid 58% completion rate.

Second team kicker, Stanford’s Ricoh Printer-Scanner, was 7/11 on FGs - good for 64% and 11th in the conference.

A WR with 10 catches, 90 yards, 2 TDs and two lost fumbles made honorable mention. A TE with 80 yards and 1 TD was honorable mention. Oregon’s center was a truck bed magnet and still made second team. They should send a delegation to forfeit their prestigious award. It would be the honorable mention thing to do.

This conference sucks. Having coaches vote for this shit is stupid. Unless they make the votes public. Like the coaches poll, where Dabo voted Ohio State six spots lower than any other voter. And even then it’s stupid

Jesus. Does this guy just love getting raped or something?

Uggghh Nextiva's pretty popular but don't let me interfere with whatever the fuck it is that you're trying to say here.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,527 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Uggghh Nextiva's pretty popular but don't let me interfere with whatever the fuck it is that you're trying to say here.
    Have never heard of it. Also would have guessed yogurt.
    I am almost forgot. Those

After watching what that first team UCLA DT did to him... I have no choice but to think the answer is yes.

Not particularly relevant, but Oregon’s center is Elijah Molden’s high school teammate from West Linn. UCLA’s DT is from the part of outer southeast Portland where people from West Linn don’t really venture to unless they read a review for some new authentic pho restaurant they must try or are just looking to slum it up a bit.
    haie said:

I had to look it up, and it’s a business phone system provider? Like Avaya, but 1/25 the size? Why the fuck would anyone know what that is? The only reason I even know Avaya exists is from when the phones weren’t working and the receptionist came in to tell me Avaya would have it fixed soon. For a second I was afraid the new office manager we hired was named Avaya and I had been calling her Mariah for a month.

Nextiva has $100 million in revenue, that’s like 20 Dairy Queen franchises. I wonder what their marketing budget is, and why do they think that sponsoring the Pac-12 awards is a prudent use of it. Maybe Pac-12 sponsorships are just really cheap. It would help explain why Humberto’s Discount Tire & Brakes is the Pac-12’s official supplier of used tires and Larry Scott’s maid’s daughter’s Etsy shop made the t-shirts they handed out after the conference championship.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,511 Standard Supporter
    haie said:

LOL 11 cuogs?

Jesus, wtf.

Aren't honorable mention simply guys nominated by their own team?

haie said:

I had to look it up, and it’s a business phone system provider? Like Avaya, but 1/25 the size? Why the fuck would anyone know what that is? The only reason I even know Avaya exists is from when the phones weren’t working and the receptionist came in to tell me Avaya would have it fixed soon. For a second I was afraid the new office manager we hired was named Avaya and I had been calling her Mariah for a month.

Nextiva has $100 million in revenue, that’s like 20 Dairy Queen franchises. I wonder what their marketing budget is, and why do they think that sponsoring the Pac-12 awards is a prudent use of it. Maybe Pac-12 sponsorships are just really cheap. It would help explain why Humberto’s Discount Tire & Brakes is the Pac-12’s official supplier of used tires and Larry Scott’s maid’s daughter’s Etsy shop made the t-shirts they handed out after the conference championship.
    I was walking around with zoom shirts years ago and no one knew who the fuck they were either.

I mean a fucking gas station sponsors our champ game so not sure why the water is wet response is needed.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942

I am almost forgot. Those

After watching what that first team UCLA DT did to him... I have no choice but to think the answer is yes.

Not particularly relevant, but Oregon’s center is Elijah Molden’s high school teammate from West Linn. UCLA’s DT is from the part of outer southeast Portland where people from West Linn don’t really venture to unless they read a review for some new authentic pho restaurant they must try or are just looking to slum it up a bit.
    Ya but ur forgetting Forsythe's dad died when he was in high school and the local media made it the story of a lifetime. He did a lil internship at 1080 and still gets hyped by them once a week. Its a weird situation.
    haie said:

haie said:

I was walking around with zoom shirts years ago and no one knew who the fuck they were either.

I mean a fucking gas station sponsors our champ game so not sure why the water is wet response is needed.
    1. I would love it if a single gas station was the Pac-12 title game sponsor. One day Larry Scott was driving to a vineyard for a tasting and Eyes Wide Shut orgy, he stopped at a 76 in Santa Rosa and couldn’t figure out how to fill up his Tesla. Before he left he signed a five figure agreement to pay the local 76.

2. Phillips 66, aka ConocoPhillips, the company that merged with Chevron, which had previously merged with Texaco is like 3/10 of the worlds top oil and gas producers. I know, I’m also surprised it wasn’t Sino Oil and Gas, considering the Pac-12’s successful penetration into China.

3. Gas stations are a consumer good in an industry with inelastic demand and virtually no cost to switching products. Nextivia, on the other hand, is stupidly advertising to people who think they’re yogurt.

4. I’m an early adopter of Zoom. Have had it on my screen since the mid 90s. I’m sure others were aware of it as well.

5. What year did you get your Zoom shirt? Before or after they partnered with Facebook four years ago? I love a good underdog story in business, when nothing but 40 plucky engineers from Cisco join a company VP and get bankrolled by Chinese oligarchs, Jerry Yang, and Qualcomm.

6. A t-shirt is cool. How did you do in the IPO?

7. Speaking of Qualcomm, I did a project for them about five years ago. Multiple projects. The modeling agency really hooked it up, and I enjoyed working in the tech field. I got to play a soccer player, pensive guy who was wearing a giant Windsor knot like it’s 1988, impatient best man at a wedding. Good times. I liked the IT industry.

8. I sincerely hope Nexstevia is the next big thing. All it took for Zoom was three years less, and the suicide of Skype. Skype was Jeff Lockie in the 2015 Alamo Bowl. Maybe they’ll have the same luck, but I’m skeptical of Nestea’s judgment since they partnered with the Pac-12.

9. I’m sorry if I’m being a jerk. You seem like a nice enough dude, I’m just bored at my girlfriend’s parents Christmas dinner and wanted to rant. You ever seen the Holiday Baking Championship? It’s either watch that or this. They’re making 19th century Christmas cakes. With marzipan. Anyway, if you have the lead on any hot upcoming IPOs I’m always interested. I hear Skyr out of Scandinavia is going to be huge.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I thought I was an early adaptor of Zoom in 2019. We had daily meetings on it at 9 am. Most people didn’t know it existed until Covid struck and everyone was using it for their remote meetings.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,564 Founders Club

haie said:

LOL 11 cuogs?

Jesus, wtf.

Coug writers invented fake news long long ago
    Why would somebody be walking around in a Zoom shirt?

Why would somebody be walking around in a Zoom shirt?

It’s a social norm to wear shirts when walking around in public. Beaches, men’s spas, being ripped or a dictator are exceptions.

A free shirt is what your forefathers wanted for you. Whether they’re shot out of a cannon at a sporting event, bestowed upon you by a 10th grade dropout handing out samples of a new beef jerky, or are left unattended at a table for some obscure industry convention.

I’ll wear almost any free shirt if it fits, doesn’t look too stupid, or advertise anything that could hurt my image. Like condoms or Freeing Tibet. Nothing is really free, though. In this case advertising for them in exchange for cloth to protect my nipples from the elements.