Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Marcus and Justin-great game

Comments

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2020
    Former Oregon Ducks star quarterbacks Justin Herbert and Marcus Mariota produce a thrilling NFL primetime show

Justin Herbert said Marcus Mariota is one of his heroes, but he admitted he never thought he would face Mariota in a game during his rookie season.

The Los Angeles Chargers’ quarterback soon found himself facing off against Mariota on Thursday night after Mariota came on following an injury to starting quarterback Derek Carr of the Las Vegas Raiders.

Suddenly the two former Oregon star quarterbacks were on the field battling in a thrilling game. Herbert’s game-winning, 1-yard quarterback sneak gave the Chargers a 30-27 win.

Herbert said he and Mariota talked after the game.

“Just told him how awesome it was to be able to play against him,” Herbert told reporters after the game. “(We) talked about everything that’s happened over the past couple of years. It was nice to catch up with him.”

Mariota said he enjoyed playing against Herbert and getting a chance to watch him continue a spectacular season.

“I kind of know Justin. Him and my brother were close at Oregon,” Mariota told reporters after the game. “It was really cool to see his level of where he’s playing and see how well he has been doing. It was cool to see him get the record (for touchdown passes by a rookie). Being a fan of the game and being a fan of Oregon players, it was really cool and special for me.”

Herbert was asked if he thought before the season began if he would be playing against Mariota in a game during the 2020 season.

“Had I said yes, I probably would’ve been lying,” Herbert said. “I think it’s been an awesome experience to be out here and play against him, one of my heroes. It was a really cool experience.”

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/12/former-oregon-ducks-star-quarterbacks-justin-herbert-and-marcus-mariota-produce-a-thrilling-nfl-primetime-show.html
  • Options
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,007
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Two qbs with career losing records in the nfl

What a cool thing
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

What a cool thing

Never everyone can have a stellar NFL career like Jack Locker.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Back on topic. It was an entertaining game. Herbert is a lock. I wouldn't mind seeing Marcus make a comeback

Marcus is chincredibly easy to root for for a Quack. I like the dude.

Herbert's excellence once getting out of Eugene has been chinformative.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

What a cool thing

I’m waiting for the big Jake Browning v. Keef Price primetime QB showdown.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We have almost the entire Cardinal secondary and Miami backfield filled with our players from the last 4 years.

Maybe shut the fuck up.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

We have almost the entire Cardinal secondary and Miami backfield filled with our players from the last 4 years.

Maybe shut the fuck up.

And yet you still sucked.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,261
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sucked less though
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Sucked less though

True, measurable less sucking.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,261
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know you're a stickler for accuracy
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    haie said:

Maybe shut the fuck up.

I hate the NFL. The fans are even more trash than college football, because the probability they were educated past high school is lower and geographic proximity is a point of pride for them. It’s only use to me is as a showcase of Oregon players and to win this fantasy league for the third time in four years.

As impressive as that Cardinals secondary is the true dick measure of NFL success is contracts. Budda Baker got four years and $59 million. Arik Armstead just got five and $85 million, and Deforest Buckner got four and $84 million. Even Mariota is going to make close to $10 million this year. If Herbert keeps doing what he’s doing then he will be worth eight Budda Baker contracts in a few years.

For a while Washington had the definite NFL edge over Oregon. With Sewell, Holland, and Thibodeaux for 2021 and 2022 that is over.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

haie said:

Maybe shut the fuck up.

Playoffs, Fiesta, Rose.

OK!
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    haie said:

Maybe shut the fuck up.

haie said:

Maybe shut the fuck up.

haie said:

Maybe shut the fuck up.

NOC you moron. What a stupid off topic post as usual. You have to be a young punk. If you’re not you’re really in trouble.

What are they doing for you today Einstein. Hahahahaha

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

Maybe shut the fuck up.

Playoffs, Fiesta, Rose.

OK!
    Playoffs, you lost. Fiesta you lost. They last time you won the Rose Bowl you still lost to Oregon and you beat a shitty Purdue team. Your best win in nearly 20 years is the Heart of Dallas Bowl where you beat perennial power house Southern Miss. Congratulations.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    SFGbob said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

Maybe shut the fuck up.

Playoffs, Fiesta, Rose.

OK!
    Playoffs, you lost. Fiesta you lost. They last time you won the Rose Bowl you still lost to Oregon and you beat a shitty Purdue team. Your best win in nearly 20 years is the Heart of Dallas Bowl where you beat perennial power house Southern Miss. Congratulations.
    A brady breeze fumble saved you from losing to shitty wisconsin last year. Then he opted out because, you know, Meat.

You can legitimately argue that Meat just pulled off a heist over a flukey bowl win off a season where he had all upperclassmen. He followed that up with losses to Beavlet and Cal? You gonna defend that?

You and DJ just throw reason and analysis completely out the window.

I should have quoted you 3 times like his illiterate ass always does.

Speed limit IQ bottom feeding fans and alums.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Of course as I type this Lenoir gets a pick.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

Maybe shut the fuck up.

Playoffs, Fiesta, Rose.

OK!
    A brady breeze fumble saved you from losing to shitty wisconsin last year. Then he opted out because, you know, Meat.

You can legitimately argue that Meat just pulled off a heist over a flukey bowl win off a season where he had all upperclassmen. He followed that up with losses to Beavlet and Cal? You gonna defend that?

Wow, this dooog is seriously arguing that a game UW lost is better than a game Oregon won.

Dooog on my man
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    SFGbob said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

SFGbob said:

haie said:

Maybe shut the fuck up.

Playoffs, Fiesta, Rose.

OK!

Wow, this dooog is seriously arguing that a game UW lost is better than a game Oregon won.

Dooog on my man
    *Yawn*

No thought. Just your typical mouth breather 12 quook.

dumb fuck. As usual.