Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Troy Franklin

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited December 2020 in Duck Refuge
Oregon has received a signed letter of intent Menlo Park (Calif.) Menlo-Atherton wide receiver Troy Franklin. One of the top wide receivers in the country, Franklin joins a loaded offensive recruiting class for the Ducks in the 2021 recruiting cycle.

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,474
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rent free in your pea brain bra.
  • Options
    Ducks have already signed 17 of their 21 Commits. 👍🏻😁
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Time for Mario to go then
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Oregon hasn’t had a first round pick at WR since @RaceBannon was fighting in nam!

The last time Oregon had a 2nd round pick at WR, I was about year away from being conceived. I’m 21.

Congrats on ruining your career Troy!
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

Oregon hasn’t had a first round pick at WR since @RaceBannon was fighting in nam!

The last time Oregon had a 2nd round pick at WR, I was about year away from being conceived. I’m 21.

I know it’s a point of pride for UW fans that Oregon hasn’t had a first round WR for a while, but most recruiting efforts are centered on the accomplishments of the position coach instead of the school. Unless you have something like LSU and DBs, or Ohio State and DEs, Alabama and everything other than QBs, or Oregon and QBs.

I’m sure Troy was very impressed by Reggie Williams getting drafted in the first round while Junior Adams was going to college and the year Junior spent with Cooper Kupp.
    Oregon’s WR coach was the position coach and recruiter for three first rounders and three second rounders, including AJ Green, Deebo Samuel, Todd Gurley, Nick Chubb, Sony Michel.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I know it’s a point of pride for UW fans that Oregon hasn’t had a first round WR for a while, but most recruiting efforts are centered on the accomplishments of the position coach instead of the school. Unless you have something like LSU and DBs, or Ohio State and DEs, Alabama and everything other than QBs, or Oregon and QBs.

I’m sure Troy was very impressed by Reggie Williams getting drafted in the first round while Junior Adams was going to college and the year Junior spent with Cooper Kupp.
    Oregon’s WR coach was the position coach and recruiter for three first rounders and three second rounders, including AJ Green, Deebo Samuel, Todd Gurley, Nick Chubb, Sony Michel.
    I may be missing someone here, but I think there's a shorter response: Washington's tradition of first and second round wide receivers in about the same tim frame is J Ross III and Reggie Williams. Go check in on those pro careers.

Honestly, when thinking about Washington's historical relative success at the next level, this isn't the position I'd start with to make my case for the DWAGS as NFL U. Seriously I can't remember the last Washington receiver who was worth a shit in the NFL. It is really Skansi for Christ's sake? Lonzell Hill? That was a looooooooooooong tim ago, and those guys weren't superstars.

As for now, Jaydon Mickens has done much better than anybody expected, and he's a distant third receiver in TB, but at least he's playing.

So what were talking about again?
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

I may be missing someone here, but I think there's a shorter response: Washington's tradition of first and second round wide receivers in about the same tim frame is J Ross III and Reggie Williams. Go check in on those pro careers.

Honestly, when thinking about Washington's historical relative success at the next level, this isn't the position I'd start with to make my case for the DWAGS as NFL U. Seriously I can't remember the last Washington receiver who was worth a shit in the NFL. It is really Skansi for Christ's sake? Lonzell Hill? That was a looooooooooooong tim ago, and those guys weren't superstars.

As for now, Jaydon Mickens has done much better than anybody expected, and he's a distant third receiver in TB, but at least he's playing.

So what were talking about again?
    Jerome Pathon, that’s Washington’s greatest contribution to NFL WRs. He’s not quite as accomplished as JJ Birden, but I remember him existing.

If you’re going to suck bad enough to not get a second contract getting drafted in the first round by the Bengals nets you some cash. Both Akili and John Ross know the hustle.

Considering Washington has had 87 more players drafted it’s surprising they’re getting doubled up in Hall of Fame inductees, and have 15% fewer Pro Bowl seasons.
  • Options

How lame. You get your butt kicked in recruiting really bad again and this is all you can come up with. Hahahaha

What’s next? Your dad can beat up my dad. Ha ha ha ha
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Does Oregon have any receivers in the NFL better than Marvin Hall?
  • Options

Kearse

Yep. That's the one. Completely forgot about Kearse. He was actually better in the NFL than he was as a Husky.
  • Options
    haie said:

Not that I know of, but we are measuring IQs in the special ed room at this point.

The best current WR in the NFL from a PNW school came out of Beav. You could argue that same school produced the best 3 WRs to come out of the PNW in the last 20. I can't recall if Cuog has snuck someone in doing well, which is a shame since it's my alma mater.

This is a position that Cal and SC do better than the PNW four. Much better.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Not that I know of, but we are measuring IQs in the special ed room at this point.

The best current WR in the NFL from a PNW school came out of Beav. You could argue that same school produced the best 3 WRs to come out of the PNW in the last 20. I can't recall if Cuog has snuck someone in doing well, which is a shame since it's my alma mater.

I personally don't even give a shit (does he play for UW???!?!?!)

The dick measuring contest of position groups and bringing Locker vs. Mariota who flamed out of the same NFL team is just a place I can't even doog to.

I will however get to Arizona's secondary.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

haie said:

Kupp>>>>>>cooks
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

Kupp>>>>>>cooks
    I'm only thinking about the Pac 4.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

haie said:

Kupp>>>>>>cooks
    I'm only thinking about the Pac 4.
    My b my b
  • Options

Man watching the TEs and backs catch rpo dump offs and taking the occasional screen is going to be so great for his development!
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

How lame. You get your butt kicked in recruiting really bad again and this is all you can come up with. Hahahaha

What’s next? Your dad can beat up my dad. Ha ha ha ha
    You’re so retarded. Delete your account.