Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Democrats Push DEMAND For Arresting Trump Risking Igniting All Out Civil War, Texas GOP Says ENOUGH

2»

Comments

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,010 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

Daddy said the Trump U instructors were "hand picked by me". Daddy said that, not the other grifters.

Now while we probably all know that having a failed businessman "hand pick" instructors is a recipe for disaster, some people took that statement as Daddy intended they should. It was a lie.

"Failed business man"? Well, Trump certainly doesn't have the credentials of the dazzler, but he does seem pretty well off.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    HHusky said:

Daddy said the Trump U instructors were "hand picked by me". Daddy said that, not the other grifters.

Now while we probably all know that having a failed businessman "hand pick" instructors is a recipe for disaster, some people took that statement as Daddy intended they should. It was a lie.

I recall seeing an Ad in the paper for a Trump U seminar that was being held locally and it had some of the usual suspects listed as speakers. The guy who wrote Rich Dad, Poor Dad and some other real estate hucksters and Trump featured prominently. This was well before he ever announced that he would be running for President. Probably 2013 or 2014. I recall thinking at the time that if Trump were really as wealthy as he claims to be, why in the hell would he be participating in one of these investment shams?

Trump did nothing but lend his name to this sham and it cost him $25 mill to settle. I can't believe he ever made anywhere near that amount from that crap.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358

HHusky said:

"Failed business man"? Well, Trump certainly doesn't have the credentials of the dazzler, but he does seem pretty well off.
    I didn't mean by that to imply that he's lost all the money he stole or was given.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I didn't mean by that to imply that he's lost all the money he stole or was given.
    Not even trying today, huh?
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373

SFGbob said:

Trump U?

What’s your impression of it?
    Trump lent his name to a group that was providing very dubious real estate investment seminars. Trump's only role in this was agreeing to let them use his name and promising to speak at some of the seminars. It was bogus and Trump should be hammered for lending his name to it. As it was he settled the suit for $25 million.

Now do Joe Biden and or Bill Clinton or for that matter Obama all of whom never made a dime until they were elected to public office and are now worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
    I knew the Federalist would put out weak attempt to explain this away but I didn’t know how weak it would be.
    If he didn’t know this was a huge scam why did he make a large contribution to the TX governor to squash the lawsuit headed his way?
    Trump didn't own the University and wasn't on a commission basis. Abbott was on the case early and got Trump U disqualified from doing business in Texas. Any aggrieved student was free to sue. Texas isn't like Cali where you have an out of control plaintiff friendly judiciary and law. Trump made his "large contribution" of $35,000 three years after the case was closed in 2010.

I'm think Trump was an idiot for over extending the use of his name to grifters. But being real, those grifters were not the Communist Party of China. The chicoms gave $1.5 billion to Hunter Biden because of his Warren Buffet like investment record. When you grow up and can rationally examine the behavior of a presidential candidate will be the day the hell freezes over or PIPS has a child with bubba. Which ever comes first.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/06/02/abbott-trump-u/

Long before Trump University fell in the crosshairs of Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton, one of Donald Trump's fellow Republicans drew a bead on the now-defunct school: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott.

Abbott, then the state's attorney general, opened an investigation into the real-estate seminar business in 2010 raising many of the issues now reverberating in the white-hot race for the White House. Trump University ultimately closed up shop in Texas, leaving in its wake an untold number of people like Steven Branton of Mesquite — former students who were enticed by the Trump brand, only to discover a program wrought with high-pressure sales tactics and unfulfilled promises.

"It was just nonsense — I don't know how else to say it," Branton said, recalling how one of the seminars he went to seemed to take advantage of attendees who were not as financially able to afford them as he was at the time. "There were people in that room — I guarantee you, they were talking about giving him everything they had."

Trump has fiercely defended the school against persistent criticisms from Clinton, who said Wednesday the billionaire "is trying to scam America the way he scammed all those people at Trump University." He has said he will prevail in class-action lawsuits against the business and on Thursday took his confidence a step further, pledging to re-open Trump University if he becomes president.

In Texas, the Trump University probe was never fully fleshed out after the school quickly pulled out of the state. But in at least one letter to Trump's attorneys, Abbott's office said it found the promises the school was making to its students "virtually impossible to achieve."

A former deputy chief of Abbott's consumer protection division, John Owens, claims that his bosses nixed a request to sue Trump University for illegal business practices. A memo dated May 11, 2010, and provided to the Tribune and other news organizations, shows that Owens and his colleagues wanted to ask Trump University for a $5.4 million settlement.

"It was swept under the rug, and the consumers were left with no one to go to bat for them," Owens told The Texas Tribune.

"The Texas Attorney General's office investigated Trump U, and its demands were met — Trump U was forced out of Texas and consumers were protected," responded Abbott spokesman Matt Hirsch.

More than three years after Trump University effectively ceased operations in Texas, Trump made two contributions to Abbott's gubernatorial campaign, one for $25,000 in July 2013 and the other for $10,000 in May 2014. To this day, the donations to Abbott represent Trump's only substantial foray into Texas politics — and enduring fodder for Abbott critics like the state Democratic Party, which charged Thursday that the governor is "on the corrupt Trump payroll."
    Thank you for proving my point. Texas had a $5.4mm lawsuit ready to go but Abbott squashed it. It’s been years since I looked at this shit so was mistaken and said the Governor got the donation. It was the EVENTUAL governor. Abbott was willing to screw over Texans for a mere $35k.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    I'm sure that in the face of our president elect being a subsidiary of the Chi Coms the Trump U issue is vital to the nation

SFGbob said:

Trump U?

Trump lent his name to a group that was providing very dubious real estate investment seminars. Trump's only role in this was agreeing to let them use his name and promising to speak at some of the seminars. It was bogus and Trump should be hammered for lending his name to it. As it was he settled the suit for $25 million.

Now do Joe Biden and or Bill Clinton or for that matter Obama all of whom never made a dime until they were elected to public office and are now worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
    I knew the Federalist would put out weak attempt to explain this away but I didn’t know how weak it would be.
    If he didn’t know this was a huge scam why did he make a large contribution to the TX governor to squash the lawsuit headed his way?
    Trump didn't own the University and wasn't on a commission basis. Abbott was on the case early and got Trump U disqualified from doing business in Texas. Any aggrieved student was free to sue. Texas isn't like Cali where you have an out of control plaintiff friendly judiciary and law. Trump made his "large contribution" of $35,000 three years after the case was closed in 2010.

I'm think Trump was an idiot for over extending the use of his name to grifters. But being real, those grifters were not the Communist Party of China. The chicoms gave $1.5 billion to Hunter Biden because of his Warren Buffet like investment record. When you grow up and can rationally examine the behavior of a presidential candidate will be the day the hell freezes over or PIPS has a child with bubba. Which ever comes first.

Long before Trump University fell in the crosshairs of Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton, one of Donald Trump's fellow Republicans drew a bead on the now-defunct school: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott.

Abbott, then the state's attorney general, opened an investigation into the real-estate seminar business in 2010 raising many of the issues now reverberating in the white-hot race for the White House. Trump University ultimately closed up shop in Texas, leaving in its wake an untold number of people like Steven Branton of Mesquite — former students who were enticed by the Trump brand, only to discover a program wrought with high-pressure sales tactics and unfulfilled promises.

"It was just nonsense — I don't know how else to say it," Branton said, recalling how one of the seminars he went to seemed to take advantage of attendees who were not as financially able to afford them as he was at the time. "There were people in that room — I guarantee you, they were talking about giving him everything they had."

Trump has fiercely defended the school against persistent criticisms from Clinton, who said Wednesday the billionaire "is trying to scam America the way he scammed all those people at Trump University." He has said he will prevail in class-action lawsuits against the business and on Thursday took his confidence a step further, pledging to re-open Trump University if he becomes president.

In Texas, the Trump University probe was never fully fleshed out after the school quickly pulled out of the state. But in at least one letter to Trump's attorneys, Abbott's office said it found the promises the school was making to its students "virtually impossible to achieve."

A former deputy chief of Abbott's consumer protection division, John Owens, claims that his bosses nixed a request to sue Trump University for illegal business practices. A memo dated May 11, 2010, and provided to the Tribune and other news organizations, shows that Owens and his colleagues wanted to ask Trump University for a $5.4 million settlement.

"It was swept under the rug, and the consumers were left with no one to go to bat for them," Owens told The Texas Tribune.

"The Texas Attorney General's office investigated Trump U, and its demands were met — Trump U was forced out of Texas and consumers were protected," responded Abbott spokesman Matt Hirsch.

More than three years after Trump University effectively ceased operations in Texas, Trump made two contributions to Abbott's gubernatorial campaign, one for $25,000 in July 2013 and the other for $10,000 in May 2014. To this day, the donations to Abbott represent Trump's only substantial foray into Texas politics — and enduring fodder for Abbott critics like the state Democratic Party, which charged Thursday that the governor is "on the corrupt Trump payroll."
    Thank you for proving my point. Texas had a $5.4mm lawsuit ready to go but Abbott squashed it. It’s been years since I looked at this shit so was mistaken and said the Governor got the donation. It was the EVENTUAL governor. Abbott was willing to screw over Texans for a mere $35k.
    It's easy to file a lawsuit. It's tough to win it. Plenty of leftards in the Texas AG office. The point you made was that Abbot dropped the suit for a large contribution. He didn't. He dropped it on the merits of the lawsuit. You lied.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,096 Standard Supporter
    Lefties are wrong. Nothing new.
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Trump did nothing but lend his name to this sham and it cost him $25 mill to settle. I can't believe he ever made anywhere near that amount from that crap.
    https://apnews.com/article/67444ec825f3460ba4aadefc0d29d22f

With past Trump-affiliated business failures and controversies, Trump has often distanced himself by noting that his only financial involvement was a branding agreement. In the case of Trump University, however, Trump’s ownership is not in dispute — Trump wanted the business for himself.

When future Trump University President Michael Sexton pitched Trump on the deal, he wanted to pay Trump a flat fee in a licensing deal. Trump rejected that, Sexton said in a deposition.

Trump “felt this was a very good business, and he wanted to put his own money into it,” said Sexton, who ended up receiving $250,000 a year from Trump to run a business in which Trump held more than a 90 percent stake. The design of the Trump University operating agreement “was entirely in the hands of the Trump legal team,” Sexton said.
    Tug Leftists are so thrilled with Biden that they are now going back to ... Trump University?

How progressive.

Tug Leftists are so thrilled with Biden that they are now going back to ... Trump University?

How progressive.

The subject was Daddy being a huckster, Boris. As per usual, TugCons minimize Daddy's crimes.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,096 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

How progressive.

The subject was Daddy being a huckster, Boris. As per usual, TugCons minimize Daddy's crimes.
    Slow Joe's a communist shill. No comparison between businesses and treason. Now fuck off!
    edited December 2020

SFGbob said:

Trump U?

It's easy to file a lawsuit. It's tough to win it. Plenty of leftards in the Texas AG office. The point you made was that Abbot dropped the suit for a large contribution. He didn't. He dropped it on the merits of the lawsuit. You lied.
    Of course that’s what he said. The people that worked for him disagreed and made their disagreement known. I’m sure the only contributions Trump ever made to a Texas politician just happened to go to Abbott are a complete coincidence. Funny how that happened.
    HHusky said:

How progressive.

The subject was the Texas GOP. One of your short bus buddies brought up Trump being a criminal.

How progressive.

SFGbob said:

Trump U?

Of course that’s what he said. The people that worked for him disagreed and made their disagreement known. I’m sure the only contributions Trump ever made to a Texas politician just happened to go to Abbott are a complete coincidence. Funny how that happened.
    Some people disagreed. Just like some people here still feel that Trump colluded with the Russians. The adults in the room don't need to lie.
    edited December 2020

SFGbob said:

Trump U?

The adults in the room don't need to lie.
    "Trump didn't own [Trump] University". --Westlinn

SFGbob said:

Trump U?

Some people disagreed. Just like some people here still feel that Trump colluded with the Russians. The adults in the room don't need to lie.
    The coincidences are really impressive though.

I guess we should all be grateful you’re not a cop.

WestlinnDuck: Did you murder your wife?

Guy holding wife’s severed head in one hand, a bloody knife in the other while wearing a “I love killing my wife” t-shirt: No sir.

WestlinnDuke: I appreciate your honesty.

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Trump U?

The adults in the room don't need to lie.
    "Trump didn't own [Trump] University". --Westlinn
    I stand corrected. I had read this - A separate organization, Trump Institute, was licensed by Trump University but not owned by The Trump Organization. But, that was a separate operation. So, I was wrong. Know donkey dance for all alternative. How hard is that?