Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ass Turner

Softer then Charmin

Bench his ass

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Can we trade him for the ND safety?
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Looks like a sophomore making his third start. It’s not contradictory to wax about high expectations and make excuses for Turner.

No, he looks like a player who's fundamentally afraid of contact. I'm not sure that's coachable.
    I was using a DDY excuse. I hate Turner until he isn’t soft. I agree that it’s probably not going to change.
    I knew you were being sarcastic but DDY is a retard for trotting out that excuse... His blade has become duller the longer he has been away from this place.

Just last year Asa played in 12/13 games and started in 5 of them.

DDY (and a few of the other TBSers) get so obsessed with their initial high school teen “analysis” they will overhype, defend, and then excuse their favorites shitty play. Its some weird ego thing to justify their TBS.

They also do the inverse with guys like bowman or BBK they initially dont like.
  • Options
    BowDownDeathRowBowDownDeathRow Member Posts: 41
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He will be fine, guys young, season doesn't count, basically an extension of his true freshman year. 2023s going to be special
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,007
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Softer then Charmin

Bench his ass

2023 is his year
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2023

Softer then Charmin

Bench his ass

2023 is his year
    Always cool to drag up poasts or crab pots from when the fk ever…

Mud everywhere…
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Softer then Charmin

Bench his ass

2023 is his year
    If you play press coverage which most likely they will do this year with Freshman Corners at one spot. You will need a center fielder. If the DL and MLB’s dominate you will not need ASA doing anything other than making sure no one goes over the top. Hopefully someone like Dom is able to step in and play Strong Safety for run support. Lots of things to pick apart from an 11-2 team. I don’t think a Healthy ASA is one of them
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    Safety is a mess and will have to be disguised somewhat. Turner is OK in coverage but putrid tackling. Hampton is the reverse.

Frosh Vincent Holmes looks really good to me. 6-1+ with some sand. Might be needed as Hampton in particular is going to be brutal in space.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Penace said:

Safety is a mess and will have to be disguised somewhat. Turner is OK in coverage but putrid tackling. Hampton is the reverse.

Frosh Vincent Holmes looks really good to me. 6-1+ with some sand. Might be needed as Hampton in particular is going to be brutal in space.

All of this.

Holmes was my favorite recruit. He could be a good one. This season is a big ask but maybe as it progresses
  • Options
    louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 333
    edited February 2023
    Penace said:

Don’t disagree. The one thing I’d say is that the secondary looked much better towards the end of the season, particularly in the tackling department.

I welcome any one of those freshman coming in a getting reps in the secondary if they’re good enough. I also hope that the guys who played last year can continue to progress.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Penace said:

Don’t disagree. The one thing I’d say is that the secondary looked much better towards the end of the season, particularly in the tackling department.

I welcome any one of those freshman coming in a getting reps in the secondary if they’re good enough. I also hope that the guys who played last year can continue to progress.
    Perryman is garbage. I don’t see him starting after fall camp in front of either of the true freshman. ASA will start and should perform well in that rolls as a lengthy center fielder keeping everything in front. Strong safety hopefully goes to Dom with Kam taking the Husky. Dom needs to take the next step in the process
  • Options
    HypnotiqueHypnotique Member Posts: 70
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Softer then Charmin

Bench his ass

2023 is his year
    If you play press coverage which most likely they will do this year with Freshman Corners at one spot. You will need a center fielder. If the DL and MLB’s dominate you will not need ASA doing anything other than making sure no one goes over the top. Hopefully someone like Dom is able to step in and play Strong Safety for run support. Lots of things to pick apart from an 11-2 team. I don’t think a Healthy ASA is one of them
    Hopefully Sunshine can cover because he’s proven that he can’t tackle. Pretty hair tho.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,854
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Penace said:

Perryman is garbage. I don’t see him starting after fall camp in front of either of the true freshman. ASA will start and should perform well in that rolls as a lengthy center fielder keeping everything in front. Strong safety hopefully goes to Dom with Kam taking the Husky. Dom needs to take the next step in the process
    Perryman was a senior last year. REAL unlikely he’ll be starting after fall camp
    Also unlikely he’s starting before or during fall camp.