Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pole

Would you rather the DAWGS closed against Oregon or State Universities of Washington to end each season?

Only good answer please. No funny business.

Comments

• MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,622
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527
    I'll stick with tradition. Not sure when the WSU game would get moved to in this hypothetical scenario but snow bowls are part of the apple cup. Wouldn't want to see that aspect of the game potentially go away.

Also how do I vote?
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Beat Oregon and puss out on WSU. That's the preference.
    RedRocket said:

I'll stick with tradition. Not sure when the WSU game would get moved to in this hypothetical scenario but snow bowls are part of the apple cup. Wouldn't want to see that aspect of the game potentially go away.

Also how do I vote?

You just tell me and I write it down.

I’ve never enjoyed the not the civil war. I’d rather close against Washington myself. Think the country would be more interested in that as time went on.

Beat Oregon and puss out on WSU. That's the preference.

In that order?
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Only SoftyFS has polls

HTH
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,585 Founders Club
    AC is at the end of the year. I hated when it wasn't a few times.

Thanks.

2-0 AC so far.

A few other just trying the funny stuff and swearing.

• TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,696 Founders Club
    edited December 2020
    Well back in the 50's and up until the pac formed into the Pac 10 and then 12, the next to the last game was most often USC and that became a tradition that most people looked forward to as a season defining game.

In history, Oregon / Washington never really seemed like that because until the debacle in the early 2000's, Washington typically won the games, the games were often not close and consequently, the rivalry didn't seem like a season defining game for Washington Fans.

Since then the script has flipped to the point where for Washington it now seems like an important game because of the 20 year record of losing a high percentage of the games ~ So now, beating Oregon has seemed much more of a season defining game which is I think what you were getting at.

Going forward, from my perspective, both teams now seem to be sliding into a mediocre trajectory and I'm not sure the outcome is really going to matter as much to either fan base unless the trend reverses. JMO.

Well back in the 50's and up until the pac formed into the Pac 10 and then 12, the next to the last game was most often USC and that became a tradition that most people looked forward to as a season defining game.

In history, Oregon / Washington never really seemed like that because until the debacle in the early 2000's, Washington typically won the games, the games were often not close and consequently, the rivalry didn't seem like a season defining game for Washington Fans.

Since then the script has flipped to the point where for Washington it now seems like an important game because of the 20 year record of losing a high percentage of the games ~ So now, beating Oregon has seemed much more of a season defining game which is I think what you were getting at.

Going forward, from my perspective, both teams now seem to be sliding into a mediocre trajectory and I'm not sure the outcome is really going to matter as much to either fan base unless the trend reverses. JMO.

Thank you. What’s your vote though.
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527

Thanks.

2-0 AC so far.

It's 2-1. You voted for closing with Washington. This is why there is a pole feature Mike. This is going up in flames.
    RedRocket said:

Thanks.

2-0 AC so far.

It's 2-1. You voted for closing with Washington. This is why there is a pole feature Mike. This is going up in flames.
    Mine was only an opinion. Not part of the pol.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,671 Standard Supporter

RedRocket said:

Thanks.

2-0 AC so far.

Mine was only an opinion. Not part of the pol.
    Janet Reno?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,585 Founders Club
    I'm old enough to remember when Oregon was just another game. I knew it was considered a rivalry - but way more by the Eugene dweebs. We lost to them two years straight in the late 80s in Eugene. That was a big deal. Oregon is like the nerd in class whose dad won the lotto and he suddenly became really cocky and somehow popular even though he wears stupid clothes. That's my analogy.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,050 Standard Supporter
    Close with iregon but it will never happen. There Are plenty of rivals that are bigger than the rivalries teams play the last weekend.

Texas Oklahoma
    Florida Georgia
    Usc Norte Dane UCLA
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,771 Founders Club
    Close with Oregon

The Columbia River SHOOT OUT

GUNS VIOLENCE BLOOD SCARY IMAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited December 2020
    So far, only Race Bannon and myself are right as always.

Edit: Adding Atomic Dog

I'm old enough to remember when Oregon was just another game. I knew it was considered a rivalry - but way more by the Eugene dweebs. We lost to them two years straight in the late 80s in Eugene. That was a big deal. Oregon is like the nerd in class whose dad won the lotto and he suddenly became really cocky and somehow popular even though he wears stupid clothes. That's my analogy.

I’m old enough to remember that you’re lucky I’m even talking to you and you should go sit over at the other table.