Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Urban to USC, Cristobol to Texas......COOK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#@!!!!!!!121@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    HFNY said:

Urban to USC, Cristobol to Texas......COOK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#@!!!!!!!121@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Urbs to Texas. Cook it for real.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Mario isn’t cut out for Texas. That’s a different deal. Those rednecks will see him as the help and ask him to make enchiladas.

Miami or bust boyfriend.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Another loser coach for Texas.

#onbrand
  • Options

Texas should hire Matt Campbell.

But if they want Mario I’m more okay with this now compared to earlier today.

I don’t care how good of a recruiter or coordinator hiring manager he is. He lost a game he should have won several times over with poor coaching. For the second week in a row. Could have easily won both and be sitting at 5-0 and bitching about the playoff committee.

I’m starting to think that there are multiple coaches who can recruit well with the right assistants, given Oregon’s resources.

Washington fans were talking shit about Shaw being washed up. Shaw went for the first down and the game instead of being up 8 and kicking off with under a minute. Cristobal kicked a field goal from the 2 yard line in a 0-0 game.

Agree Oregon wasn’t ready to play for the 4th time in 5 games. That’s on the coaches.

That said, this is probably not the year to make a rash judgement. What he’s done for Oregon thus far earns him the benefit of the doubt for next season.

and, keep in mind, another chip kelly scenario - where the rest of the league doesn’t even know where to start figuring it out for 3 years - ain’t happening again soon, so forget it. And depending on how old you are, you might not see another recruiter at Oregon like Mario again.

He’s got a QB who is putting the ball on the ground. That’s a problem. And something is wrong with Verdell. He’s clearly not 100%.

Next week will be chintresting. No outcome would surprise me.

Oh we’ll? Take him off your hands any tim.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    There's also the fact that in 2 of the games Mario won this year, he had the benefit of going against the 2nd string QB. Had Mills and DTR played, they might be 1-4 right now
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2020

There's also the fact that in 2 of the games Mario won this year, he had the benefit of going against the 2nd string QB. Had Mills and DTR played, they might be 1-4 right now

And you’re a bad spot and a fumble away from being 1-4 playing 5 out of 5 games at home.

But everyone is where they are and none of that matters.

• Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

Texas should hire Matt Campbell.

But if they want Mario I’m more okay with this now compared to earlier today.

I don’t care how good of a recruiter or coordinator hiring manager he is. He lost a game he should have won several times over with poor coaching. For the second week in a row. Could have easily won both and be sitting at 5-0 and bitching about the playoff committee.

I’m starting to think that there are multiple coaches who can recruit well with the right assistants, given Oregon’s resources.

Washington fans were talking shit about Shaw being washed up. Shaw went for the first down and the game instead of being up 8 and kicking off with under a minute. Cristobal kicked a field goal from the 2 yard line in a 0-0 game.

Agree Oregon wasn’t ready to play for the 4th time in 5 games. That’s on the coaches.

That said, this is probably not the year to make a rash judgement. What he’s done for Oregon thus far earns him the benefit of the doubt for next season.

and, keep in mind, another chip kelly scenario - where the rest of the league doesn’t even know where to start figuring it out for 3 years - ain’t happening again soon, so forget it. And depending on how old you are, you might not see another recruiter at Oregon like Mario again.

He’s got a QB who is putting the ball on the ground. That’s a problem. And something is wrong with Verdell. He’s clearly not 100%.

Next week will be chintresting. No outcome would surprise me.

Oh we’ll? Take him off your hands any tim.

Agreed that this year is not the one to make a rash decision - Oregon almost did last year though in the form of a contract extension. Four years ago they gave Helf $12+ million to go be milquetoast elsewhere. This season is not indicative of whether he’s a good coach as thought or got lucky with Helf’s QB, OL, LB, and a Helf/Taggart secondary.

So do you give Cristobal a big money extension? No one is in the realm of thinking he’s close to done, but committing to him even more - need another year.

Agreed, I don’t think anyone is expecting another perfect scenario like Chip. That was a combo of Chip and Bellotti, an experienced and good staff, just the right players, etc etc. But there are other great schematic coaches with their own unique energies.

Can others recruit as well as Cristobal? Maybe not finish 5th in the country but I know there are other coaches who can bring top-10 classes to Oregon. Shit, Chip got to 12th with a staff of old men, a lot less support staff, and 1/10th the effort.

Anything can happen next week. A four TD swing either way or a sphincter clench finish.
  • Options
    edited December 2020

Washington is one or two coulda wouldas away from being 1-3 as well.

Uncles and Ants. He has a QB decision to make here. That’s the biggest issue. The D last night gave them more than enough stops to win. And they had no problem moving the ball on Cal. But three TOs, two at pretty crucial times, will do that.

We could argue that Oregon should be up on Cal by 4 TDs but I’m not sure I’d buy that.

The UCLA QB played out of his head.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

Washington is one or two coulda wouldas away from being 1-3 as well.

Uncles and Ants. He has a QB decision to make here. That’s the biggest issue. The D last night gave them more than enough stops to win. And they had no problem moving the ball on Cal. But three TOs, two at pretty crucial times, will do that.

We could argue that Oregon should be up on Cal by 4 TDs but I’m not sure I’d buy that.

The UCLA QB played out of his head.
    West played well. Mills looked like garbage against CO.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    edited December 2020
  • Options
    247: Urban Meyer said no to Texas, top two choices are James Franklin and Cristobal.

Canzano: Oregon and Cristobal working on extension.

Auburn fans: Cristobal is popular choice but unsure if he would consider leaving Oregon for Auburn.

Favorite conspiracy theory: Alabama booster club working to keep Mario away from Auburn.

Me: Texas is dumb. Throw all the money at Dan Mullen or hire Matt Campbell.

2016 Oregon: Fucked up hiring of Dan Mullen. Everything was ready and job accepted, and a certain fired someone in the AD had to go and start leaking before Mullen’s very specific conditions were met.
  • Options

247: Urban Meyer said no to Texas, top two choices are James Franklin and Cristobal.

Auburn fans: Cristobal is popular choice but unsure if he would consider leaving Oregon for Auburn.

Favorite conspiracy theory: Alabama booster club working to keep Mario away from Auburn.

2016 Oregon: Fucked up hiring of Dan Mullen. Everything was ready and job accepted, and a certain fired someone in the AD had to go and start leaking before Mullen’s very specific conditions were met.

Florida is a better job than Texas. You have all you need there to win, and they play in a real conference.

But getting Mullen would be a great hire ... for anybody. I regret Miami didn't land him when the job was open and he was available.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    Swaye's Wigwam

Florida is a better job than Texas. You have all you need there to win, and they play in a real conference.

But getting Mullen would be a great hire ... for anybody. I regret Miami didn't land him when the job was open and he was available.
    Everyone says they should have hired Mullen now. Not when he was available. Not even Florida other than he coached Tebow or something
  • Options

Florida over Texas is debatable. More money, over involved boosters even by places that care standards but also more money, own TV network, your toughest competition is Oklahoma, recruiting ceiling is even higher.

If Florida left the SEC the conference would be sad, if Texas left the Big-12 they would be dead. You can literally bully the entire conference.

If Mullen is offered a significant raise and guarantee he would be a fool to not take their $50-70 million or whatever they would give him.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jimbo took the money and ran to A&M when FSU was a better job as far as winning. He traded Clemson for Bama.
  • Options

Everyone says they should have hired Mullen now. Not when he was available. Not even Florida other than he coached Tebow or something
    I said Oregon should hire Mullen in 2016. That relationship dates back. Mullen is the one who introduced Chip Kelly to Gary Crowton who told Bellotti about him. It was the obvious choice.

Mullen had a staff planned and everything, he would have brought Billy Gonzalez with him and kept Greatwood and a few other coaches. He was Phil’s first choice. It would have cost nearly double what Willie did. That search wound up a shit show, with Matt Rhule’s people claiming he was offered the job which wasn’t true.