Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Isaiah Thomas went the fuck off....

2»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Why couldn't he do that with any consistency as a dawg? Much better Pro than I thought he'd be. He was an average college baller. One could say he's much better PRO than Nate. Well, he just is.

average?
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'd take college Nate over college Roy.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2014

Interaesting call.

Freshman year - Nate, probably. Both missed half the season for different reasons.

Sophomore year - Nate, probably. Both were very good in their own ways. Nate's shot at OSU gives him the edge for me.

Junior year - Nate, definitely. Roy was a beast in the GAS before tearing the ligament, and had his moments after returning (the dunk at NC State, the block of Farmar), but he just missed too much time and was limited after his return. Nate was the flagship guy on the #1 seed.

Senior year - Nate didn't have one and Roy had the best single season of any Husky ever. He was the best player in America despite the media love affair with Redick and Ammo.

For me, the first two years were close that Roy's senior year easily trumps Robinson's advantage as a junior, but that's just me.

Both are all time greats. I thin kNate has gone from overrated to underrated in some ways.
  • Options
    I think college Thomas was better than college Roy as well.

Roy basically missed his freshman and junior year(I know he played but was coming off the bench).

Thomas was a stud, Roy had the best season I've ever seen a Husky have. However, Thomas had the best moment in Husky basketball I've seen.

I think Nate belongs in there too as when him and Roy were teammates he was always the alpha of the team.

I think Roy is always assumed #1 because his senior year was so damn good which I don't have a problem with.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Interaesting call.

Freshman year - Nate, probably. Both missed half the season for different reasons.

Sophomore year - Nate, probably. Both were very good in their own ways. Nate's shot at OSU gives him the edge for me.

Junior year - Nate, definitely. Roy was a beast in the GAS before tearing the ligament, and had his moments after returning (the dunk at NC State, the block of Farmar), but he just missed too much time and was limited after his return. Nate was the flagship guy on the #1 seed.

Senior year - Nate didn't have one and Roy had the best single season of any Husky ever. He was the best player in America despite the media love affair with Redick and Ammo.

For me, the first two years were close that Roy's senior year easily trumps Robinson's advantage as a junior, but that's just me.

Both are all time greats. I thin kNate has gone from overrated to underrated in some ways.
    I think you lay out a good case for Roy. Although being the best player in America doesn't mean as much when your competition is Redick and your boy Morrison. I always view the who's the better player discussion as who would you take first for one game. There is something to be said for long term success blah blah blah. But if I need to win one game, there's just no way I'm taking Roy over Nate.
  • Options

dnc said:

Interaesting call.

I think you lay out a good case for Roy. Although being the best player in America doesn't mean as much when your competition is Redick and your boy Morrison. I always view the who's the better player discussion as who would you take first for one game. There is something to be said for long term success blah blah blah. But if I need to win one game, there's just no way I'm taking Roy over Nate.
    I think that is the opposite myself. I think Nate had the better career(was better for longer) but Roy for one year and certainly for one year I'd take over anyone.

Roy also held back for the team his sophomore and junior year as UW had plenty of scorers. His senior year it was clearly his team and he showed everyone what he was capable of. Great mid range shooter, decent long range shooter, good post up moves, good passer, good rebounder for his size, great defender. He literally had no holes in his game his senior year.
  • Options

dnc said:

Interaesting call.

I think that is the opposite myself. I think Nate had the better career(was better for longer) but Roy for one year and certainly for one year I'd take over anyone.

Roy also held back for the team his sophomore and junior year as UW had plenty of scorers. His senior year it was clearly his team and he showed everyone what he was capable of. Great mid range shooter, decent long range shooter, good post up moves, good passer, good rebounder for his size, great defender. He literally had no holes in his game his senior year.
    I meant over the course of a season as long term success. You're right about Roy's game but I'd still take Nate and his holes.

Got.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Even though Roy came off the bench his junior year, he was the best all around player on the team.
  • Options

Even though Roy came off the bench his junior year, he was the best all around player on the team.

I actually agree with that. Nate was the best scorer and the heart of the team, Conroy was the great floor leader, Simmons was the best shooter, Jensen was the best at fucking up, Williams had the best post moves, Bobby Jones was the best defender and Roy although never the best at one thing was always the top 3 in every category for UW that year.

His sophomore and junior year Roy was the jack of all trades type of player, his senior year he became elite.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Great thread right here and PLSS doesn't have basketball dialed in at all.

Anyways my top 5 Romar players while they were Huskies.

1. Roy
    2. IT
    3. Nate
    4. Brockman
    5. Q-Pon

Argue away guys.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

1. Roy
    2. IT
    3. Nate
    4. Brockman
    5. Q-Pon

Argue away guys.

1. Dericksjx
    2. Wallace
    3. Wolfinger
    4. Jensen
    5. Breunig

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I don't know anything about basketball, and even I know this is horseshit.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

1. Roy
    2. IT
    3. Nate
    4. Brockman
    5. Q-Pon

Argue away guys.

It's a dang good list. I'd probably take Nate over IT but I know I'm in the minority there. Hard to get too worked up over anything, you got the best five guys and the top spot right for sure, well done.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Will Conroy was the best dawg I watched, not the best player, but that dude loved UW