Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

A shit QB calling out his shit coach?

I like Ehlinger
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He’s Pat Hill TUFF but he sucks
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Watch Kellen Moore in this one. Just what I'm hearing.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Watch Kellen Moore in this one. Just what I'm hearing.

I don’t know if your being @sarktastic but I think that would be cool. #MyMustangs
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

#1) urb - shocking!

#2) matt campbell - feels a bit like the mike reily route from beavs to husks, the 'well if he can do that there just imagine what he can do with the resources here.' probably gonna be the same 7 or 8 wins season, mate.

#3) hugh freeze - austin rub n tugs on notice, could be good, great bag dropper which you can get away with at texas but not at ole piss

#4) sark - look, im sure sark is a real nice guy, and tbh he's come a long way with sobriety since his earlier days, i think he's a good (not sure if hes great) OC but i just dont think he can run a program. saban said after the iron bowl that sark did 'a great job managing things,' pretty telling. side note, i think stalin has said it, but sark has a ton of friends in the media and it shows here.

#5) fickell - can build programs, ohio state guy, michigan will be open soon, who knows.

#6) billy napier - southern guy, have to think he goes SEC

#7) james franklin - the list is starting to go off the rails, i think he timed his SEC 'run' really well against some coaches in there at the time that were shit

#8) jeff hafley - the boston college coach, we're officially off the rails

#9) venables - probably cant build a program, probably just wants to be a DC, no fault there.

#10) clark lea - ND d-coord, im done with this, texas' approach better be get 'urb or bust.'
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

#1) urb - shocking!

#2) matt campbell - feels a bit like the mike reily route from beavs to husks, the 'well if he can do that there just imagine what he can do with the resources here.' probably gonna be the same 7 or 8 wins season, mate.

#3) hugh freeze - austin rub n tugs on notice, could be good, great bag dropper which you can get away with at texas but not at ole piss

#4) sark - look, im sure sark is a real nice guy, and tbh he's come a long way with sobriety since his earlier days, i think he's a good (not sure if hes great) OC but i just dont think he can run a program. saban said after the iron bowl that sark did 'a great job managing things,' pretty telling. side note, i think stalin has said it, but sark has a ton of friends in the media and it shows here.

#5) fickell - can build programs, ohio state guy, michigan will be open soon, who knows.

#6) billy napier - southern guy, have to think he goes SEC

#7) james franklin - the list is starting to go off the rails, i think he timed his SEC 'run' really well against some coaches in there at the time that were shit

#8) jeff hafley - the boston college coach, we're officially off the rails

#9) venables - probably cant build a program, probably just wants to be a DC, no fault there.

#10) clark lea - ND d-coord, im done with this, texas' approach better be get 'urb or bust.'
    There's a lot of Sark is on the list for this job and I think he probably is. My guess is Sark will want to get somewhere closer to his kids who I think stayed in California with his ex. Austin fits that bill but I doubt he gets the job.
    Has he lost 20 pounds yet?
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2020
    I'm guessing that Sark is waiting for the UCLA job which would probably be a good fit when it opens. Or what about Florida State? Somebody is going to right that ship.

If I'm the Texas AD i would pick Venables and give him a great budget to build a staff. Guys a winner and kids love him.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'm guessing that Sark is waiting for the UCLA job which would probably be a good fit when it opens.

I highly doubt this
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I'm guessing that Sark is waiting for the UCLA job which would probably be a good fit when it opens.

I highly doubt this
    That would be a dream come true.
  • Options
    edited December 2020

The possibility of three-time national championship coach Urban Meyer ending up at Texas appears to have come to an end after Meyer indicated to Texas he's leaning toward not coaching again due to health reasons, a university source told Horns247.

sounds like texas didnt offer enough $$$$.

Alabama offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian, Oregon coach Mario Cristobal, Penn State coach James Franklin and Iowa State coach Matt Campbell are among the coaches Texas has researched, according to sources.

oh my dear lord, there is no 'second option.'
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The possibility of three-time national championship coach Urban Meyer ending up at Texas appears to have come to an end after Meyer indicated to Texas he's leaning toward not coaching again due to health reasons, a university source told Horns247.

sounds like texas didnt offer enough $$$$.

Alabama offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian, Oregon coach Mario Cristobal, Penn State coach James Franklin and Iowa State coach Matt Campbell are among the coaches Texas has researched, according to sources.

oh my dear lord, there is no 'second option.'
    You're telling me that a guy who was one moderate road rage incident away from a fatal brain aneurysm doesn't want to take the job at Texas of all places?
  • Options
    rough numbers here:

Herman’s buyout as of Dec. 1 of this year stands at $15,416,667

james franklin's buyout would be $5 million in 2020

so thats over $20mm in buyout money

herman's salary is $6mm, franklins is $5.4mm, so you have to pay franklin more than herman

thats a fuckton of money (yes i know texass can pay it BUT STILL!) for james franklin.

christoball's salary is $2.7mm, his buyout is $9,000,000, fucking hell, thats a lot of money to get meathead.