Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

the Vancouver, BC market (Seahawks jerseys far outsell Canucks jerseys)

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
from today's Vancouver Sun "Vancity Sports owner John Czvelka said Seahawks jerseys outsell Canucks jerseys by a margin of two to one at his downtown Vancouver store

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Vancouver+Seattle+Seahawks+wallop+Canucks+team+jersey+sales/9401451/story.html#ixzz2qj33uonO

DJ once asked me about the market opportunity for Husky interest in Vancouver and it was definitely there while the Huskies were on KOMO4 back in the day, but since Washington football got put on the Fox regionals and then the uber-phantomous Pac12 Network + ESPN and Canada can't get any of those networks, the Huskies access to 3 million Vancouverites has disappeared. Too bad because they love football in Canada.

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    If it means more money in Paul Allen's pockets count me in!
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    I found a bona fide Husky bar in downtown YVR for the UW-Stanford game in Oct. Place was pretty fun, despite a head-to-head Canucks game.
  • Options
    do you recall the bar? i have to go back to Vancouver a couple times a year and when it happens during football season I never know where to go to catch a Husky game.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,578
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I guess they got tired of the Canucks getting their hopes up only to choke when they got a chance at a title...oh wait
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    Tons of Husky fans in Vancouver. Awesome city too.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

I guess they got tired of the Canucks getting their hopes up only to choke when they got a chance at a title...oh wait

look, that's an entire PNW thing. the M's are the biggest fucktard champs of all in this camp. Seattle and Vancouver are married as sports loving champion starved cities where top athletes come with huge contracts to get depressed in the clouds and under achieve. The twin depression cities need to make nice and leverage the total population of 6 million or so within 90 minutes of each other and start some winning.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Don't many people in Vancouver already have Canucks jerseys? I imagine that before this year most did not have Seahawks jerseys so it makes sense that a relatively close team who is doing very well (on the field and marketing-wise) would produce jerseys that outsell the traditional market.

Also, it has been written that one cannot truly be called a 12 until they own at least 5 jerseys (all in different colors)
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,099
    Meek said:

Washington football got put on the Fox regionals and then the uber-phantomous Pac12 Network + ESPN and Canada can't get any of those networks

Canada doesn't have ESPN?
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

Meek said:

Washington football got put on the Fox regionals and then the uber-phantomous Pac12 Network + ESPN and Canada can't get any of those networks

Canada doesn't have ESPN?
    Canada has 2 all sports networks if I recall correctly. Sportsnet and TSN. They get feeds from ESPN for certain games and carry them on those networks but since they're national in scope they never put Pac12 games on there.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I was in Toronto for the Stanford game in 2012 and it wasn't on any channel they had. I'll be in Vancouver during the Hawks game. They love the Seahawks there and treat them as their football team. That was true 3 years ago and more so today.
  • Options
    back when the Huskies were on channel 4 every Saturday back in the 80s and early 90s Vancouver also loved the Dawgs... since then, out of sight, out of mind.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,578
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2014
    Meek said:

PurpleJ said:

look, that's an entire PNW thing. the M's are the biggest fucktard champs of all in this camp. Seattle and Vancouver are married as sports loving champion starved cities where top athletes come with huge contracts to get depressed in the clouds and under achieve. The twin depression cities need to make nice and leverage the total population of 6 million or so within 90 minutes of each other and start some winning.
    I hate the Canucks. Vancouver can feel free to root for our teams, though.

And by our teams, I mean Paul Allen's teams.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Someone should send this thread to Larry Scott, he's a big international thinker