Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

First Half Thoughts

- How the Fuck do we not have a quarterback? I feel like we have gotten a top 20 guy every year for the last decade and they all suck somehow. Morris looks OK!

- The defense was good until it wasn't. Seriously what the fuck was that shit? Beasting early on now the Beav is tearing through our? Pussy like my whore ex wife.

- Ulufasshikiho is nasty, we have good luck with walk ons.

- Zion stripping the ball? Why are all our 3 star and walk ons carrying the squad right now?

- Dope to see Savell out there, he will make an impact eventually.

- Catch the fucking ball you clowns

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

- How the Fuck do we not have a quarterback? I feel like we have gotten a top 20 guy every year for the last decade and they all suck somehow. Morris looks OK!

- The defense was good until it wasn't. Seriously what the fuck was that shit? Beasting early on now the Beav is tearing through our? Pussy like my whore ex wife.

- Zion stripping the ball? Why are all our 3 star and walk ons carrying the squad right now?

Beavs did something different blocking in the third series. I’m not smart enough to tell you exactly what, but something like blocking down & cutting back. @UWsquints help a man out.

We need another ILB.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Should have started the JuCo guy at QB. Thomson or whatever y’all version of Montana Fruitcup is called.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Should have started the JuCo guy at QB. Thomson or whatever y’all version of Montana Fruitcup is called.

He's hurt
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

He's hurt
    Ah, didn’t know. I hadn’t liked Morris ever since Oregon offered him, I figured he’d be last in line for the trough.

But I’m willing to admit I don’t know shit about QBs, I was sure Millen would be an eventual starter for Oregon, but he was passed by a freshman for third team QB pretty easily.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

He's hurt
    Ah, didn’t know. I hadn’t liked Morris ever since Oregon offered him, I figured he’d be last in line for the trough.

But I’m willing to admit I don’t know shit about QBs, I was sure Millen would be an eventual starter for Oregon, but he was passed by a freshman for third team QB pretty easily.
    QBs are crazy hard to project. It's so hard to know who will pick up the system, how they'll handle getting hit by college athletes, etc.

If I was ranking their chances of starting I would have had Morris last of the 4 a couple months ago. But alas here he is.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,813
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Morris striked me as a gamer ... not super talented but not a disaster. We don't have a huge margin for error as a team and turnovers out of the QB position just won't get it done.

One of the biggest problems that we have defensively is we can get pretty stubborn playing the 2-2-2-5 defense and it can create some gaps if we don't adjust. Having only 1 ILB is a problem in that regard. Injuries to Tuli and Latu having them missing obviously didn't help.

Watching ZTF's film out of HS, he looked way better than a 3 star. Every time he's seen the field he's flashed.

Savell likely will be used this year in obvious pass rushing situations as he develops ... but you could see the flashes tonight. Bright future.

WRs definitely left a lot to be desired tonight. We rotate too many guys IMO and it makes it hard for guys to find a rhythm.