Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Did Oregon just clinch the #1 Pac12 recruiting class again with surprise Utah commitment.

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited November 2020 in Duck Refuge
The headline, “Ethan Calvert to Utah,” may not move the needle for Oregon Ducks football fans, but it may have huge ramifications in the 2021 recruiting cycle.

Calvert, the nation’s No. 4 inside linebacker and No. 67 overall prospect, has long been rumored to be headed to USC.

Until this week, that is.

After a flurry of Utah predictions, the 6-foot-3, 230-pound 'backer, out of Oaks Christian High School (Westlake Village, California), announced his commitment to Utah on Thursday.

“It’s funny, I wasn’t looking at it that way," he said. "You’re kind of looking at it from the Oregon lens. I wasn’t even thinking that. I just thought, ‘Shoot, this kills USC and UCLA,’ because both of those schools need some linebackers badly, right?' But from a recruiting ramifications standpoint it obviously helps Oregon.”

“USC was probably almost going to have to go 4-for-4 in terms of the big targets - Calvert, I think they probably still lead for [four-star cornerback] Ceyair Wright, [five-star defensive lineman] Korey Foreman is still out there...," Biggins continued. “There’s four marquees, but Oregon is in a really good spot. Like I said, USC, if they still land a Korey Foreman, a Ceyair Wright, maybe they jump up there. But I think, without doing the math, I think Oregon is probably in a good spot for that top class in the Pac-12, and obviously top five-to-seven nationally.”

He also discussed the fallout of a year-long-plus NCAA-mandated recruiting dead period, which will inevitably cause issues for both the classes of 2021 and 2022.-Greg Biggins

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2020/11/football-did-oregon-ducks-clinch-pac-12s-top-recruiting-class-with-utahs-surprise-commitment.html

Comments