Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sirmon starter?

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

Christ

Just provide one reason, defensible with actual evidence, that Sirmon is worth a pinch of shit or better than the other QBs on the roster. Find something that he has actually done, and dont wait until the game tonight.

Don't point to his arm talent. If arm talent alone was a reliable indicator then there would be more good QBs out there than teams for them to play on and MLB wouldnt be dominated by tall dudes with good arms. They'd all be playing quarterback.

Or just keep pretending that you and SubK have some insight that the rest of us have missed.
    Chinned for the naked vitriol.

• Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    chuck said:

Christ

Just provide one reason, defensible with actual evidence, that Sirmon is worth a pinch of shit or better than the other QBs on the roster. Find something that he has actually done, and dont wait until the game tonight.

Don't point to his arm talent. If arm talent alone was a reliable indicator then there would be more good QBs out there than teams for them to play on and MLB wouldnt be dominated by tall dudes with good arms. They'd all be playing quarterback.

Or just keep pretending that you and SubK have some insight that the rest of us have missed.
    I'm not sure what any QB can do until you put him in the game.

I'm not making excuses for him maybe not being the best in practice. I've heard he hasn't performed necessarily there in the past.

But what can you really say about the guy until he's given the opportunity?
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,090
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    It just seems like the Eason argument copy and pasted from last year...but the two only seem similar physically.
  • Options

It just seems like the Eason argument copy and pasted from last year...but the two only seem similar physically.

Eason can't move laterally. It's why he has to back up 20 yards to do anything when there's pressure.

The opposite can be said for Sirmon.

The way they play QB is completely different based on that notion. Watch any tape of Sirmon in HS. Like 90% of his throws took place outside the pocket... Eason could never leave the pocket.

They're both 6'5 and have big arms but are completely different players.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,202
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,706
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

chuck said:

Christ

The script has already been written.
    If Sirmon starts and clearly sucks, its the coaches fault.
    If another qb starts and is good, we'll just say he sucks and complain about how they didn't play the best qb
    Morris is gonna light it up. Sirmon will throw ints in garbage time if he is allowed to do anything other than hand it off.
  • Options

Eason can't move laterally. It's why he has to back up 20 yards to do anything when there's pressure.

The way they play QB is completely different based on that notion. Watch any tape of Sirmon in HS. Like 90% of his throws took place outside the pocket... Eason could never leave the pocket.

I thought Pete’s philosophy dictated they stay in the pocket and that’s why Eason eventually started doing the Browning panic and run backwards shit.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

I thought Pete’s philosophy dictated they stay in the pocket and that’s why Eason eventually started doing the Browning panic and run backwards shit.
    All it takes is watching 5 minutes of the way Eason plays to understand his physical limitations. He's not mobile running along the LOS.

Sirmon is significantly more mobile than Eason... but probably far less accurate. I'm not sure what's better until we see Sirmon in action.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Christ

I'm not making excuses for him maybe not being the best in practice. I've heard he hasn't performed necessarily there in the past.

This really isnt about Sirmon sucking. He might not. I really don't know.

LMC and his youthfully arrogant minion here here dont know either and their reasons for thinking they do are stupid. That's the only point.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,706
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Christ

LMC and his youthfully arrogant minion here here dont know either and their reasons for thinking they do are stupid. That's the only point.
    And you’ll never know because it’s Dylan’s job.

And I predict he never gives it up.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    I’m hearing Sirmon is like Rothlesberger. Not is Rothlesberger. Don’t twist.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

The most talented player is playing. Good.

Hopefully he won the job because he's the best QB, runs the offense well, makes good reads, throws accurate passes, and throws to the proper jersey color.
    If John Don is worth anything, Sirmon will be good
    Based on?

I hope Sirmon figured something out. He has the most physical potential. All reports up to the past week or so seemed to indicate that he hadn't. He has never been good going back to HS...just a big guy who could throw and take advantage of slow, poorly coached opposition. He hasn't done it against anyone good yet. I'm forever hopeful but I'm not putting too much faith in him being the guy.
    Good coaches get the best out of talent. If he’s good Sirmon will be good, it’s all about having a good system anyways. Look at the statistical leap Burrow made between Jr and Sr cuz of Joe Brady
    Did you hit your head on something? Are you fucking retarded? Serious question.
    You the guy who plays madden by the player ratings and transfers that to real life. Why do you think coaches make so much? Serious question.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Christ

A lot of vitriol for a neutral take. Whatever dude, most of you guys are weird ✌️
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Christ

A lot of vitriol for a neutral take. Whatever dude, most of you guys are weird ✌️
    OK
  • Options
    Lotta tension at this hour. Get a room youse!!!