Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The magic negros

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,943
If you're familiar with where the term "magic negro" comes from this is a classic example of it.

How black people made Joe Biden a better person. Btw, I don't think sundown Joe meant "The Green Mile."

I think it's very safe to say that when Joe sees black people the first, second and last thing he thinks of is their skin color.

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Shoutout to the bruddas at Green Mile Park!

Has Joe dropped back into a zone yet?
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,905 Swaye's Wigwam
    What the fuck is that even supposed to mean? Dude is so racist
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    I never heard that term before - so according to Wiki and Spike Lee (he coined it)

The term Magical Negro was popularized in 2001 by film director Spike Lee, while discussing films with students during a tour of college campuses, in which he said he was dismayed at Hollywood's decision to continue employing this premise; he noted that the films The Green Mile and The Legend of Bagger Vance used the "super-duper magical Negro".[3][4][4][5][6] Critics use the word "Negro" because it is considered archaic, and usually offensive, in modern English. This underlines their message that a "magical black character" who goes around selflessly helping white people is a throwback to stereotypes such as the "Sambo" or "noble savage".[2]

I do not follow Hollywood or watch many movies - do not read reviews of movies so that is why I assume I have not heard that term. IIRC I might have heard it about Obama but didn't care to follow up.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,943
    edited November 2020
    LebamDawg said:

I never heard that term before - so according to Wiki and Spike Lee (he coined it)

The term Magical Negro was popularized in 2001 by film director Spike Lee, while discussing films with students during a tour of college campuses, in which he said he was dismayed at Hollywood's decision to continue employing this premise; he noted that the films The Green Mile and The Legend of Bagger Vance used the "super-duper magical Negro".[3][4][4][5][6] Critics use the word "Negro" because it is considered archaic, and usually offensive, in modern English. This underlines their message that a "magical black character" who goes around selflessly helping white people is a throwback to stereotypes such as the "Sambo" or "noble savage".[2]

I do not follow Hollywood or watch many movies - do not read reviews of movies so that is why I assume I have not heard that term. IIRC I might have heard it about Obama but didn't care to follow up.

Term pre-dates 2000. Think of the movies about South Africa or the Civil Rights movement that were made in the 1980s. The “hero’s” were the white journalists or white FBI agents who with the assistance of the noble blackman were able to become better people and vanquish the evil white racists.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300

Legit white privilege racist. You don’t see many of them
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,943

Legit white privilege racist. You don’t see many of them
    Unlike his earlier Rat party Pols, Joe no longer wants to turn firehoses and dogs on black people, but there is no way in hell he sees them as his equal.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited November 2020
    dnc said:

Shoutout to the bruddas at Green Mile Park!

I hear the electric chairs are to die for