Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jack Nicklaus questions COVID death toll

SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
edited November 2020 in Tug Tavern

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jack-nicklaus-covid-death-toll-hydroxychloroquine-virus-symptoms

"Nicklaus, 80, said he knew two people whose parents had died from something other than COVID-19, and said the unnamed people were asked whether their deaths could be changed to COVID-19 and declined the request.

“The hospital gets more money with COVID death than they do another death,” the golf legend told the newspaper. “I’m sure there’s been a lot of that.”

Nicklaus said he and his wife, Barbara, tested positive for the coronavirus in March. He said his wife was symptomatic, and he had a sore throat and cough.

“Sure, I was concerned,” he said. “I took hydroxychloroquine. Gone in two days.” ......................."

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,388 Founders Club
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    https://youtu.be/zIPKyuvtfc4

After something like this @HHusky would be gone with amnesia for 72 hours
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,905 Swaye's Wigwam
    I love Jack. Co-goat with Tiger, IMO.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,543 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2020

Oh fuck that.

Jack taking drags on the tee box then gripping it and ripping it with a non-hopped up golf club and ball. No comparison.

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,203 Swaye's Wigwam

Oh fuck that.

Jack taking drags on the tee box then gripping it and ripping it with a non-hopped up golf club and ball. No comparison.

The technology argument is a bad one to make for Tiger vs Jack. The 2 piece golf ball and larger head size on the driver brought in way more competition for Tiger after he’d won a couple of majors. The guys that truly flush it didn’t need the new technology, it was the guys that didn’t that truly benefited.
    Bob_C said:

Oh fuck that.

The technology argument is a bad one to make for Tiger vs Jack. The 2 piece golf ball and larger head size on the driver brought in way more competition for Tiger after he’d won a couple of majors. The guys that truly flush it didn’t need the new technology, it was the guys that didn’t that truly benefited.
    Tiger never had to play a ranked Arnie and his Army on the road
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,905 Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Oh fuck that.

This. Tiger might have won 25 majors if technology hadn’t made such huge jumps. Tiger also vaulted the popularity of the sport to levels that increased is competition to levels far beyond what Jack faced. Jack had to beat Arnie, Player, and a couple other guys. Most of the guys that played back then would get waxed on the Koran Ferry tour nowadays
    edited November 2020

Bob_C said:

Oh fuck that.

This. Tiger might have won 25 majors if technology hadn’t made such huge jumps. Tiger also vaulted the popularity of the sport to levels that increased is competition to levels far beyond what Jack faced. Jack had to beat Arnie, Player, and a couple other guys. Most of the guys that played back then would get waxed on the Koran Ferry tour nowadays
    Sure. Jack would have gotten shittier with better equipment. Makes total sense.

More competition is like arguing Jake Browning > Billy Joe because there were two more teams in the conference.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jack-nicklaus-covid-death-toll-hydroxychloroquine-virus-symptoms

"Nicklaus, 80, said he knew two people whose parents had died from something other than COVID-19, and said the unnamed people were asked whether their deaths could be changed to COVID-19 and declined the request.

“The hospital gets more money with COVID death than they do another death,” the golf legend told the newspaper. “I’m sure there’s been a lot of that.”

Nicklaus said he and his wife, Barbara, tested positive for the coronavirus in March. He said his wife was symptomatic, and he had a sore throat and cough.

“Sure, I was concerned,” he said. “I took hydroxychloroquine. Gone in two days.” ......................."

Doctors are big on ethics. Unless money is involved.

Bob_C said:

Oh fuck that.

More competition is like arguing Jake Browning > Billy Joe because there were two more teams in the conference.
    Of course Jack would’ve been better with better equipment, but everyone around him would have gotten better at a faster rate.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

Bob_C said:

Oh fuck that.

Tiger might have won 25 majors if he hadn’t changed his swing every 3 years, hadn’t bulked up on HGH which led to injuries, and hadn’t been dicking bimbos all around the globe while his wife was home with the kids.

He fell back to the competition.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    Atl always knows a guy who [fill in conspiracy theory] too.

So Jack has become nuts in his old age. It happens.

Bob_C said:

Oh fuck that.

Tiger might have won 25 majors if he hadn’t changed his swing every 3 years, hadn’t bulked up on HGH which led to injuries, and hadn’t been dicking bimbos all around the globe while his wife was home with the kids.

To be fair, he stopped winning majors when he stopped banging whores.
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Oh fuck that.

Jack or Tiger? Or abundance?

Viagara wasn’t a thing yet when Jack slowed down.

Bob_C said:

Oh fuck that.

That’s not even close to the same argument. In any given week, there were probably 10x more guys with a chance to win while Tiger was playing than there were in Jack’s heyday.
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Oh fuck that.

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Oh fuck that.

You try golfing after a cheated-on woman beats the hell out of you with a 9-iron.

I don’t think Jack ever had an opiate stage of his career, either.

Bob_C said:

Oh fuck that.

Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Oh fuck that.

Jack or Tiger? Or abundance?

Viagara wasn’t a thing yet when Jack slowed down.
    Tiger and Arnie.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    What Jack is calling out is relatively accurate ...

I'm not saying fraud is rampant in the healthcare industry but there is a reason there is a significant amount of regulations in the industry tied with self dealings, etc. ... make your own conclusions on that.

The reality is that payments are different depending on the coding used to bill and the audit system is there but it's not super present at the same time. Some things there that are hard to prove ... particularly after the fact.
    Tequilla said:

What Jack is calling out is relatively accurate ...

I'm not saying fraud is rampant in the healthcare industry but there is a reason there is a significant amount of regulations in the industry tied with self dealings, etc. ... make your own conclusions on that.

The reality is that payments are different depending on the coding used to bill and the audit system is there but it's not super present at the same time. Some things there that are hard to prove ... particularly after the fact.

Coding a death as Covid only takes one medical examiner and then the evidence goes away forever. Of course hospitals are inflating numbers, especially as many have cut hours for staff due to fewer visits or no visits due to elective procedures and non-essential doctor visits were cut in many instances. I still can’t get a regular eye exam at Kaiser but at least they do renew my contact prescription.