Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Just cases!

2»

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I’m an optimist by nature ... but 2020 has begun to convince me that most are fucking idiots
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    Tequilla said:

You’re right ... cases on their own don’t matter

What matters is what demographic populations are getting the cases

You’d think after 7 months you’d have learned something

People under 50 have pretty low rates of hospitalization. So no worries, I guess.
    edited October 2020
    HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

People under 50 have pretty low rates of hospitalization. So no worries, I guess.
    My point is simply not all cases are created equally ... and that’s true for deaths, hospitalizations, and ICU beds

There also appears to be some evidence from what I’m seeing/reading that the mutations of the virus is effectively weakening it ... I’m not an expert and can’t confirm that (need to talk with friends that are) ... but if that is true that’s a huge development
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,932 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Right-click, save as.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,932 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

My point is simply not all cases are created equally ... and that’s true for deaths, hospitalizations, and ICU beds

There also appears to be some evidence from what I’m seeing/reading that the mutations of the virus is effectively weakening it ... I’m not an expert and can’t confirm that (need to talk with friends that are) ... but if that is true that’s a huge development
    That useful idiot doesn't care about your poont..... He has an AGENDA
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

There is some hope that mutations--being random--may weaken it. That's what happened with SARS. Mutations could strengthen it too. Same reason--randomness.

So far, though some mutations have been discovered, there's little evidence that they've made much difference.
    HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

There is some hope that mutations--being random--may weaken it. That's what happened with SARS. Mutations could strengthen it too. Same reason--randomness.

So far, though some mutations have been discovered, there's little evidence that they've made much difference.
    Generally speaking, mutations often result in weakening the virus (as SARS that you mentioned) ... reason being is that the mutations ultimately take on dynamics that the body is more effective at defeating.