Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I guess you could admire the dogged determination

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,485 Founders Club
https://msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-coronavirus-hunker-down-because-the-fall-covid-19-surge-is-here/ar-BB19XEAa?ocid=msedgdhp

As predicted, the US is now grappling with a new Covid-19 surge -- one that could overwhelm hospitals, kill thousands of Americans a day by January and leave even young survivors with long-term complications.

Across the country, more than 30 states have reported more Covid-19 cases this past week than they reported the previous week, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

In Denver, recent case counts are as "high right now as they were at the height of the pandemic back in May," Mayor Michael Hancock said Monday.

He said hospitalizations have also soared, and residents could face tighter Covid-19 restrictions if the numbers keep going up.

In Wisconsin, a field hospital is opening this week to handle a rapid rise in coronavirus patients. The state recently reported record-high numbers of Covid-19 cases, hospitalizations and daily deaths.

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,552 Standard Supporter

I like bringing back the field hospital scam for another run

Lott, Easley and Palamalu are tanned, rested and ready.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,525 Founders Club
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,019 Standard Supporter
    Reflected in the polling. Leftards are scared of their own shadow. No longer the home of the brave.

Written by a bunch of Canucks.

BENEATH, BETWEEN AND BEHIND
    AVAILABLE ON FLY BY NIGHT

Music: Alex Lifeson
    Lyrics: Neil Peart

Ten score years ago
    Defeat the kingly foe
    A wondrous dream came into being
    Tame the trackless waste
    No virgin land left chaste
    All shining eyes but never seeing

Beneath the noble bird
    Between the proudest words
    Behind the beauty, cracks appear
    Once with heads held high
    They sang out to the sky
    Why do their shadows bow in fear

Watch the cities rise
    Another ship arrives
    Earth’s melting pot, and ever growing
    Fantastic dreams come true
    Inventing something new
    The greatest minds, but never knowing

The guns replace the plow
    Facades are tarnished now
    The principles have been betrayed
    The dreams’s gone stale
    But still let hope prevail
    Hope that history’s debt won’t be repaid

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
    Oh no, not the cases!
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    from Bill Gates News Network

sure.gif
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
    Blu82 said:

https://msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-coronavirus-hunker-down-because-the-fall-covid-19-surge-is-here/ar-BB19XEAa?ocid=msedgdhp

As predicted, the US is now grappling with a new Covid-19 surge -- one that could overwhelm hospitals, kill thousands of Americans a day by January and leave even young survivors with long-term complications.

Across the country, more than 30 states have reported more Covid-19 cases this past week than they reported the previous week, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

In Denver, recent case counts are as "high right now as they were at the height of the pandemic back in May," Mayor Michael Hancock said Monday.

He said hospitalizations have also soared, and residents could face tighter Covid-19 restrictions if the numbers keep going up.

In Wisconsin, a field hospital is opening this week to handle a rapid rise in coronavirus patients. The state recently reported record-high numbers of Covid-19 cases, hospitalizations and daily deaths.

At least burning the cordwood can keep the field hospital warm.
    I hear CollegeDoog might have a woodchip theory to test
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Nothing is getting shut down. Calling it now. Take all the screen shots
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,397 Founders Club

I have interviewed two of those guys
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,924 Founders Club

And I used the photo of one of them to make me think Warren Moon was actually Ronnie Lott.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,963

Lott, for various reasons, gets a lot more pub and everyone assumes he's the GOAT at safety. For my money, it has always been Easley.

Although I've never been a Hawk fan, I've had two, and only two, NFL heroes while I paid attention: Dan Marino, and Kenny Easley. I even had an Easley jersey that I wore every now and again.

If you're too young to have watched him play, you just can't get it with stories. He is the reason I loved Sean Taylor so much. Taylor really was Kenny Easley Part II. Same type of players. Incredible range, great center fielders, could cover almost like true corners (let's face it, safeties are safeties for a reason - they're different) and were essentially linebackers against the run. Both could hit as hard as any linebacker and could absolutely turn the tide of a game completely by themselves. I throw Lott in there too, but I always liked Easley's game a little more. Those guys were Spartan studs on the field. Intimidating as fuck.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,485 Founders Club
    I got Lott over Easly because Lott was an all pro cornerback on two Super Bowl winners and an all pro safety on two more

More versatile and USC > UCLA and SF > Hawks
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    My father in law played safety at Servite. He’s still salty that he was overshadowed for local recruiting attention by Ronnie. My father in law doesn’t speak in hypotheticals.