Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HH Favorite Rock Album Round 2 (1965- 71) - #4 The White Album vs #5 Who's Next

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

HH Favorite Rock Album Round 2 (1965- 71) - #4 The White Album vs #5 Who's Next 26 votes

4) The Beatles White Album
38%
Mad_SonAtomicDawgGladstonechuckbiak1Bad_MotherDuckerseatownfunkEl_KNoWarningJustDawgGayThoughts 10 votes
5) The Who – Who’s Next
61%
RaceBannonSwayeRoadDawg55dncalumni94dfleaTequillaGrundleStiltzkinhuskyhooliganIPukeOregonGrellowLebamDawgLaocoönYellowSnowBleachedAnusDawgJoeEDangerouslyFishpo31 16 votes

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    5) The Who – Who’s Next
    lol

Wipe Out
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    5) The Who – Who’s Next

lol

Wipe Out

Love me some White Album. But as George Martin used to say it should have been a single LP. Might have been their best album if that were the case.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck.

You.

Guys.

The White Album has both the best and the worst of The Beatles. Yes, there is filler. There are also about 10 songs better than anything The Who ever conjured, and 5-10 more that are worthy album material. The filler takes up about 20 minutes or less, most of that on Revolution 9.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    5) The Who – Who’s Next
    chuck said:

Nobody authorized home invasion murders after listening to Whos Next

For some reason the use of the word "authorized" almost made me spit my coffee.
    Poasts like that makes usº who weº are.
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    5) The Who – Who’s Next
    Who's Next should win it all.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    5) The Who – Who’s Next
    alumni94 said:

Who's Next should win it all.

With almost all my other top 10 LPs being eliminated early in this shit fest I'm Who's Next ride to die.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Fuck.

You.

Guys.

The White Album has both the best and the worst of The Beatles. Yes, there is filler. There are also about 10 songs better than anything The Who ever conjured, and 5-10 more that are worthy album material. The filler takes up about 20 minutes or less, most of that on Revolution 9.

Hard disagree. Baba Oreilly is timeless, and constantly gathers the ear of multiple generations. White Album maybe gets more points if Revolution 1 weren't the album version, as opposed to the single version which was much better. Also Yoko Ono sings on the album, which probably should have eliminated it from contention. Much of the White Album sounds like a precursor to McCartney's Wings.
    Not a bad take. You only mentioned one song though (a great one). The white album has many that stack up well with it..

Yoko is easy enough to miss if you ignore Bungalo Bill and Rev. No. 9 which is easy to do. Throw out Honey Pie, Wild Honey Pie, Obla Di blah blah, and Dont Pass Me By and everything else is good to great and there's a shitload of it.

I agree the single version of Rev. 1 is superior. John was into some blues at the time though and vastly preferred the album version.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    5) The Who – Who’s Next

chuck said:

chuck said:

Fuck.

You.

Guys.

Hard disagree. Baba Oreilly is timeless, and constantly gathers the ear of multiple generations. White Album maybe gets more points if Revolution 1 weren't the album version, as opposed to the single version which was much better. Also Yoko Ono sings on the album, which probably should have eliminated it from contention. Much of the White Album sounds like a precursor to McCartney's Wings.
    Not a bad take. You only mentioned one song though (a great one). The white album has many that stack up well with it..

Yoko is easy enough to miss if you ignore Bungalo Bill and Rev. No. 9 which is easy to do. Throw out Honey Pie, Wild Honey Pie, Obla Di blah blah, and Dont Pass Me By and everything else is good to great and there's a shitload of it.

I agree the single version of Rev. 1 is superior. John was into some blues at the time though and vastly preferred the album version.
    Don't touch #MyRockyRacoon

I will die on that hill.
    Loved that song

In grade school
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Fuck.

You.

Guys.

I will die on that hill.
    Haha I almost included it. Not really a fan. It has some charm, but gets down voted for no pics of Nancy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    5) The Who – Who’s Next

chuck said:

chuck said:

Fuck.

You.

Guys.

I will die on that hill.
    Loved that song

In grade school
    And you call yourself a Kristi Noem fan?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    5) The Who – Who’s Next
    dflea said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Fuck.

You.

Guys.

You don't need to set aside any songs on Who's Next. They're all good.

This was a tough call for me, but there are songs on the White Album that I just cannot stand. I won't name them, so nobody needs to get all spooled up, but there are a few on there that do not belong in any kind of rock tournament, and settled the decision for me.
    What’s a spool @dflea ?
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    5) The Who – Who’s Next

dflea said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Fuck.

You.

Guys.

This was a tough call for me, but there are songs on the White Album that I just cannot stand. I won't name them, so nobody needs to get all spooled up, but there are a few on there that do not belong in any kind of rock tournament, and settled the decision for me.
    What’s a spool @dflea ?
    Spooled up
    Wound up
    Butthurt

Same, same.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    5) The Who – Who’s Next
    dflea said:

dflea said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Fuck.

You.

Guys.

What’s a spool @dflea ?
    Spooled up
    Wound up
    Butthurt

Same, same.

Urban guysm just don’t get it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

dflea said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Fuck.

You.

Guys.

What’s a spool @dflea ?
    Spooled up
    Wound up
    Butthurt

Same, same.

Bird's nested?
    Backlashed?
    Back spooled?
    Uncunted?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    5) The Who – Who’s Next

dflea said:

dflea said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Fuck.

You.

Guys.

What’s a spool @dflea ?
    Spooled up
    Wound up
    Butthurt

Same, same.

Urban guysm just don’t get it.
    People forget that I spooled up Santino Corleone in real life. CSB.