Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HH Favorite Rock Album Round 2 (1965- 71) - #1 Are You Experienced vs #8 Abbey Road

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

HH Favorite Rock Album Round 2 (1965- 71) - #1 Are You Experienced vs #8 Abbey Road 26 votes

1) Hendrix - Are You Experienced?
69%
RaceBannonSwayeRoadDawg55AtomicDawgdncchuckdfleaTequillaBad_MotherDuckerGrundleStiltzkinseatownfunkhuskyhooliganIPukeOregonGrellowPitchfork51LaocoönBleachedAnusDawgJoeEDangerouslyFishpo31 18 votes
8) The Beatles – Abbey Road
30%
Mad_SonGladstonealumni94biak1LebamDawgYellowSnowEl_KGayThoughts 8 votes

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020
    At this point in the tournament to choices become more and more difficult. I think Are You Experienced is the more important album in terms of moving the genre forward. But I'm being selfish with Abbey Road childhood listening nostalgia. I first owned it on vinyl way back in 1989.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,071
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

At this point in the tournament to choices become more and more difficult. I think Are You Experienced is the more important album in terms of moving the genre forward. But I'm being selfish with Abbey Road childhood listening nostalgia. I first owned it on vinyl way back in 1989.

This is a favorite album tournament - not best. I'd vote Are You Experienced over Abbey Road for next, but not which I enjoy more.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

This is a favorite album tournament - not best. I'd vote Are You Experienced over Abbey Road for next, but not which I enjoy more.
    Truth. I try to make clear at the outset on these things that it's a personal taste of the bored type exercise vs what is most critically acclaimed or important historically. Hence the heavy Beavis n' Butthead bias.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    God damnit. The Beatles getting fucked by the Beavis and Butthead bored again, and this time i contributed.

This was a toss up for me so I thought I'd vote for the likely loser. Should have known..
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'll vote for the Beatles when @allpurpleallgold votes for Trump
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'll vote for the Beatles when @allpurpleallgold votes for Trump

OK Boomer!
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Too many Beatles albums. I wonder what the tournament would look like if there was a 2 album per band limit.