Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HH Favorite Rock Album Round 1 (1965- 71) - #6 Pet Sounds vs #11 Led Zeppelin II

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

HH Favorite Rock Album Round 1 (1965- 71) - #6 Pet Sounds vs #11 Led Zeppelin II 28 votes

6) The Beach Boys – Pet Sounds
46%
RoadDawg55Mad_SonGladstonedncchuckTequillabiak1huskyhooliganIPukeOregonGrellowYellowSnowLesGrossmanGayThoughtsFishpo31 13 votes
11) Led Zeppelin – Led Zeppelin II
53%
RaceBannonSwayegreenbloodAtomicDawgYouKnowItalumni94Bad_MotherDuckerGrundleStiltzkinLebamDawgLaocoön89uteEl_KBleachedAnusDawgJoeEDangerouslyNoWarningJustDawg 15 votes

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I rate LZ first four albums:

1. IV
    2. I
    3. IiI
    4. II

Two isnt top five for me if I include the whole discography. I dont care much for the Beach Boys but, looking at it from an impact perspective, Pet Sounds is the choice here. I would have voted for LZ IV and I ahead of it for sure and possibly III.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

1. IV
    2. I
    3. IiI
    4. II

Two isnt top five for me if I include the whole discography. I dont care much for the Beach Boys but, looking at it from an impact perspective, Pet Sounds is the choice here. I would have voted for LZ IV and I ahead of it for sure and possibly III.

I rate the first 4 as follows:

1. III
    2. II
    3. IV
    4. I
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beach Boys coming back? Poles to close at 8
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

1. IV
    2. I
    3. IiI
    4. II

1. III
    2. II
    3. IV
    4. I
    Funny. I rate I high because it's such a strong statement as a first album. The first listen at that time must have surprised the hell out of people.. Communication Breakdown, You Shook Me, and obviously Dazed and Confused are among their best songs. Also the beginning of How Many More Times is one of my favorite intros. The rest of the song isn't that great though.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

1. IV
    2. I
    3. IiI
    4. II

1. III
    2. II
    3. IV
    4. I
    Funny. I rate I high because it's such a strong statement as a first album. The first listen at that time must have surprised the hell out of people.. Communication Breakdown, You Shook Me, and obviously Dazed and Confused are among their best songs. Also the beginning of How Many More Times is one of my favorite intros. The rest of the song isn't that great though.
    My only beef with I is that Jeff Beck and Rod (hi @RaceBannon ) did it first with "Truth". That said, Led Zeppelin did it better.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Zep 2 holds off the late push by Brian Wilson 14- 11.