Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yella's thoughts on the brand new Rolling Stones 500 greatest albums rankings

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,970
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited September 2020 in Yellow Snow's Record Shoppe

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I randomly clicked on the link for the top 100 and saw a Taylor Swift* album was at #99. That invalidates the whole list right there IMO.

Yeah, some serious Recency bias at work here.

*Don’t get me wrong, I love me some T-Swift, but top 100 of all tim she is not.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,891
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I randomly clicked on the link for the top 100 and saw a Taylor Swift* album was at #99. That invalidates the whole list right there IMO.

Are you talking musically or women you've been with?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

Why wouldn't you list Van Halen 1 at #292, Let it Be at 342, Live at Leeds at #327 and Low End Theory by A Tribe Called Quest at #43?

Rolling Stone has always been retarded, I guess they just wanted everyone to know.

Who's Next at 77. In 2003 they had it at 2003, but had to drop it way down to make the list more woke for the millennial douche canoes. Any critique who doesn't have Who's Next in the Top 10 should DIAFF.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

They put Marvin Gaye "What's Going On?" at #1 all time. It's a classic record that I've owned since college. It's not number one. Sorry.

Kayne West at #17? GTFO.

WHAT?!?!

I ❤️ Marvin Gaye, but I also agree with you.

I don’t think I’ve read Rolling Stone since I left college...based on this tiny sampling of information sounds like they no longer know what they’re talking about.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Are you talking musically or women you've been with?

whynotboth.gif 😉

Guess which of her songs is about me. 😁
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

They put Marvin Gaye "What's Going On?" at #1 all time. It's a classic record that I've owned since college. It's not number one. Sorry.

Kayne West at #17? GTFO.

WHAT?!?!

I don’t think I’ve read Rolling Stone since I left college...based on this tiny sampling of information sounds like they no longer know what they’re talking about.
    It got picked number 1 because its the soundtrack of 2020.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Kayne West at #17? GTFO.

WHAT?!?!

It got picked number 1 because its the soundtrack of 2020.
    Like I said, Recency bias.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,485
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have RED and am not ashamed to say it. Swift is a truly great voice and Red is her best work IMO. Clean and crisp. I think its top 500 but not top 100

And if you don't agree we are never ever getting back together
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2020

I have RED and am not ashamed to say it. Swift is a truly great voice and Red is her best work IMO. Clean and crisp. I think its top 500 but not top 100

The fact that you have freely admitted this on HCH has made me love and respect you more, Race.

Even if it just a joke.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,485
    Swaye's Wigwam

The fact that you have freely admitted this on HCH has made me love and respect you more, Race.

Even if it just a joke.
    Before Swift became ultra famous she did a Crossroads with Def Leppard and I was impressed. Then watched a special where she performed Red. Then downloaded it. It's good.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,538
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Kayne West at #17? GTFO.

Also was not even Kanye's best album, IMO. The list was definitely shit.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,538
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Even if it just a joke.
    Before Swift became ultra famous she did a Crossroads with Def Leppard and I was impressed. Then watched a special where she performed Red. Then downloaded it. It's good.
    Race is a cultured man. I thought he'd be calling for inclusion of Beethoven and dropping knowledge about the top acts to appear at the Roman Colosseum during it's opening years.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,630
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm less inclined to open this article than u was the Bleacher Report article on the husky board projecting UW starters. I dont need frustration derailing my Friday joy.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I love Marvin, but if that is the criteria, Chuck Fucking Berry or GTFO...

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I won't even give them the click so somebody tell me if they included Metallica. TIA