Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Does anyone think that

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,495 Founders Club
these protesters slash rioters aren't being paid? That it isn't organized?

3 months in the streets after the governor conveniently shuts down the economy

Kids gotta eat don't they?

Just watch. The plane load of black clad people will turn out to be true

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,415 Founders Club
    Stalin was saying this in May
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,280 Founders Club
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Stalin was saying this in May

Stalin was first and right?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,415 Founders Club

Back in 2000, my aunt was coming to town and my dad asked me to go to the Greyhound bus station in Seattle to pick her up. As I waited, a bus pulled up from Eugene, and there were people coming off of it dressed in bizarre or ominous ways. I remember one guy was dressed as a chicken. They were there to fuck things up for the WTO conference. It was very organized. I have zero doubt that today's rioters are being paid too.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Back in 2000, my aunt was coming to town and my dad asked me to go to the Greyhound bus station in Seattle to pick her up. As I waited, a bus pulled up from Eugene, and there were people coming off of it dressed in bizarre or ominous ways. I remember one guy was dressed as a chicken. They were there to fuck things up for the WTO conference. It was very organized. I have zero doubt that today's rioters are being paid too.
    Seems like a stupid strategy as these riots are having the opposite effect on what they want.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,094 Swaye's Wigwam

Seems like a stupid strategy as these riots are having the opposite effect on what they want.
    Nobody has ever accused the DNC as being smart
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club

Who knew that the anarchists trying to fuck up the WTO talks were right back then? But I don't believe for a second they knew why they were right.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited September 2020
    Very organized and coordinated

https://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/2020/08/25/contextual-insurgency-lessons-from-a-week-observing-portland-black-bloc/

The course of the nightly action against the PPB followed a fairly predictable pattern: a contingent of notional BLM protesters rendezvoused with a group of antifa black bloc at a public park close to their objective. As they moved towards the police building which was their target, “corkers” -a sort of bicycle-mounted blocking force- closed off side streets and the scouting line -typically on mopeds- moved ahead and on the flanks. Behind them came the main contingent of black bloc. Upon arrival at the PPB the streets were blocked with vehicles and burning dumpsters, with the “corkers” stationed to direct traffic away from the action and the scouts setting up a picket line extending out several blocks, watching for police reinforcements and creating the strong impression of antifa control of territory.

The black bloc then engaged in an steadily-escalating level of vandalism and property damage directed at their target, including unguarded police vehicles parked nearby. If uninterrupted, this quickly escalated to arson and serious destruction to the facilities.

By this point the scouting line often detected the flanking lines of riot police and a riot was formally been declared. Blocs armed with shields deployed defensively to allow time for the rest of the rioters to disengage. These “shield walls” provided a tempting target for a police “bull rush”, video of which can then be used for propaganda purposes. Behind the shield wall other bloc members threw commercial fireworks, frozen water bottles, and paint-filled balloons. The paint balloons are often mixed with sand or abrasive material that scratches clear shields and visors when cleaning is attempted damaging expensive riot suppression equipment. Meanwhile the main element of the antifa black bloc continued to retreat into bordering residential areas.

Antifa chooses the residential areas for specific reasons. As the police deploy flashbangs, tear gas, and assorted non-lethal munitions in order to control the ongoing riot, the disruptive effects are experienced by the local residents. Additionally, as the action moved further into the poorly-lit neighborhoods, small groups of rioters and black bloc would break off to either escape, or engage in vandalism against the original PPB target (if left unguarded) or other nearby targets of opportunity.

• GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,230
    Thanks for the article yeah the only way to defeat that is overwhelming force aka a national guard
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    God I think I am going crazy -
    The articles that @obk linked had the one about the marxist org that is funding the election for the district attorneys in major cities. All of those guys ideologies are the same and they are dropping the charges against the antics/rioters/violent actions.

Damn he is right, all praise @obk for shedding the light on some of these radicals.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,131 Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

God I think I am going crazy -
    The articles that @obk linked had the one about the marxist org that is funding the election for the district attorneys in major cities. All of those guys ideologies are the same and they are dropping the charges against the antics/rioters/violent actions.

Damn he is right, all praise @obk for shedding the light on some of these radicals.

The Marxist is George Soros.